Sponsored

One last question before order

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
So I'm putting my order in this week in hopes of a April delivery.

Gt Orange Fury, 401a, 6mt, active exhaust

I cant make up my mind on the black accent package or shaker pro. Im only going to pick one or the other due to wanting to hit a certain price point.

Is the black accent package worth it? I will change the wheels probably buy end of summer and the stocks will become winter wheels. I love how it looks with the black accents but 900 for the wheels and painted roof.

What do you guys think ? Thanks :)
Sponsored

matjam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
That's such a personal choice mate. Personally, I like listening to music, I'd go for the shaker pro, but if I could dig up the extra cash from behind the sofa I'd go for both.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
the wheels bought aftermarket are prob close to 800-900 by themselves. personally i think the black accent package on the CO is a must but thats just me. otherwise its too much orange. but my opinion is just that...my opinion not yours. plus ive heard shaker pro isnt that great anyways and people end up with aftermarket speaker systems.

Swamp-Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty
I’d think the shaker system will add the most to your enjoyment of the car.

Last edited:

pfduser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have the black accent package option on my GT. I believe the black roof isn't included in that option. Mine just has the black wheels, black spoiler and blacked out badges. I'd opt for the Shaker sound system if I had to choose one.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
You can just buy the black badges for a lot cheaper. I'd go with 401A especially if you're going to do aftermarket wheels.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Shaker. The black accent package on an orange car will make you look like you're obsessed with Halloween. The black accent wheel design is also not great.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I just replaced the 5.0 badges on the fenders for $60 and about a half hour of time. If you want to swap out all the badges for black ones, I think the kit at CJ is like $180, and it won't take more than an hour. The wheels just aren't worth it, unless you're going to sell them (and have a buyer).

I am a big music guy, but the Shaker Pro didn't give me enough to justify the cost. Honestly, the Enhanced Security Package is more worth it (though I replaced the silver lugs with black Gorilla locking lugs).

JR

AlyourPal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
Shaker Pro. It's not a bad system at all.

Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I have the windows cracked usually and listen to the exhaust and pretty much never turn on the radio/music, so if it was me.....I'd do the black accent package.

If you listen to music, shaker Pro.

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I have the Black Accent Package on my 2016 and it's def not worth it. I'm going to buy new wheels anyway and like the others have said the badges are cheap and easy to replace.

Czs550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2018 10r80 GT, Lightning Blue
I would go black accent package, it looks damn good paired with orange fury
A061FA2A-EC2A-4CDF-AF7B-64CD30EE16D7.jpeg
15A70C1D-BF08-425B-B5F8-F996C74FF788.jpeg

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
Looks good but you could save a lot of money with new badges and a sheet of vinyl.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
A real personal choice. Do you 'love' the wheels? You can wrap the roof and then when you sell it the car can stay two tone or go full orange (easier sale?) (sorry but 95% of the guys claiming I'm keeping this car forever will sell it off in less then 5 yrs so just know yourself and the fact you will probably sell it at some point).

Are you a stereo modifier kind of guy? Some go nuts with totally new systems so the factory unit is not worth it. I went aftermarket once and had endless electronic issues afterwards so I'm in the buy 'best factory system' and leave it school but everyone is different. Where and what are your comfort factors in terms of modding.

It would appear that a roof wrap and black badges would be fairly easily to do after purchase.

There is also the 'get an evening job at McDonalds' for 2 months to grab the cash for both school of thought.

hint hint: dig up the cash and get both.
Sponsored