Sponsored

2019 Mustang GT, PP1, MT82, 401a, Magneride - 4 days first impressions

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
The Info/Nav setup in both my 2010 Track pack edition, my 2011 CS/GT and my 2011 GT 500 w SVT pck was set up WORLDS better than the current infotainment systems.

The new versions are literally 1) Less intuitive 2) Missing features we used to have (where is the feature where you can overlay the weather radar over top of your navigation display?) and just completely gone backwards.

in my old system i could do a voice command and say "find outback" it would show it to me on the Nav...then with a SINGLE BUTTON press i was calling my order in while driving there (I then sat in the car at the curb and watched big bang theory episodes on DVD on the screen while waiting the order. If i was in a bad storm i could literally over lay a weather radar over my route to see if i was driving into it worse, driving out of it or stuck, in the middle of it....you can't seem to do that now. Remember the record breaking tornado outbreak from April 25-28, 2011 where 348 people got killed. I got caught near that while traveling from work and used the radar to make sure i wasn't driving into it worse while looking for shelter, eventually riding it out in a parking deck attached to a movie theater (I wasn't too close to the tornados but hail was coming down every where and i was trying to avoid having my car smashed by baseball and golf ball sized hail. I must say, that system saved my bacon that night).

And the worst thing...voice recognition is completely unusable in the newer versions, although in the older versions it worked great. The old Shaker 500 was also better than the newer "9 speaker audio" they have in these things by a wide margin. I buffed mine with a digital audio amp and a removable Digital Audio sub and now it sounds passable, plus i can pull the sub out to lighten the weight or make room in the trunk in about 3 minutes time, which is a good reason not to invest in one with an integrated sub. (Simple velcro holds it in place and it looks okay sitting in there).

Go figure...
Wow - I wish the "new" Nav was like that. I too find this one to be very basic. I find it cumbersome to use in comparison to Google maps. As everyone knows you can type in a name of whatever you want in Google and it pulls it up. The Ford system isn't as expansive as that and even on some numerical addresses it struggles to find them.
Sponsored

1st Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I think he is just talking about where you can do the front to rear and left to right balance and speed volume??
I think you're right - the control is Fade/Balance. I like the B&O sound, the sub in the boot really adds some depth once you set it to your own preferences.

1st Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It’s on the “settings” screen. Same place where you adjust the bass, treble, fade, and balance. Can’t remember if it is on the first screen in settings or you may have to scroll down a bit.
Thanks. Is it Fade/Balance because I can't find anything called Surround Sound?

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
hit the arrow down to the right and it should be your last setting available.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
where is the feature where you can overlay the weather radar over top of your navigation display?
I don't have mine yet to check, but I know I've seen a Sync 3 demo of it, using one of the Sirius Traffic / Travel apps. Is the function not there in the Mustang but is in other models?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Holmes

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
It’s on that same screen with the fade and balance. Says “Surrond Sound” and allows you to turn it on or off. Sounds much better with it on. IMO

1st Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It’s on that same screen with the fade and balance. Says “Surrond Sound” and allows you to turn it on or off. Sounds much better with it on. IMO
I found it and you're right, thanks.

OP
OP
Holmes

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In case anyone is still following this thread…here is an update February 2024, 5 years after my original purchase. Have transformed the car into a dedicated HPDE, track, time attack car. Here are the mods I’ve made:
2019 Mustang GT Factory Performance Pack Level 1

Ford Performance suspension upgrade, new sway bars, lowering springs, Magneride shocks and struts.

E85R Tune by Wengerd Performance

Kenny Brown Differential cooler.

Camber Plates running -3.0 front, -2.0 Rear.

19" Square Tire / Wheel Set-up running Goodyear Supercar3 R 305/30R19 on Forged Apex 19” Wheels.

Upgraded Brakes to Steeda two piece rotors and GLOC R12 Pads, Stainless Steel Brake Lines.

Oil / Air Seperator

87mm Throttle Body and Cold Air Intake - By Ford Performance.

CMS Roll Bar

Rear seat delete

OMP racing seats - driver and passenger

Schroth 6 point harnesses both driver and passenger

Steeda Front K Member

Steeda IRS support brackets

Steeda Short Shift Kit

Steeda suspension bushings and motor mounts

Steeda adjustable sway bar links

DCS performance Magneride controller.

Halguard fire extinguisher mounted in front of passenger seat.

APR rear wing and front splitter.

Race Louvers hood vents
202311051321-a1_00398-2.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Holmes

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Personal best at Road Atlanta

Sponsored
OP
OP
Holmes

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1:34 is pretty quick. Nice lap!
Thanks! That E85 really added some power. Very evident on the back straight as you can see the time delta start ticking up compared to my prior personal best, which was a 3rd place win at SCCA time trial (unlimited class) last November.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
What OMP's did you get? And do you have any feedback?

I am shopping now, and was leaning toward the Sparco EVO's. But the OMP Champ-R's are much more budget friendly (And 4 lbs heavier each).

OP
OP
Holmes

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What OMP's did you get? And do you have any feedback?

I am shopping now, and was leaning toward the Sparco EVO's. But the OMP Champ-R's are much more budget friendly (And 4 lbs heavier each).
I got the OMP HTE-R. XL size. Put in both driver and passenger. Very happy with this seat. Got XL size. Fits me well. 6’2” 230lbs, 38” waist. L size was uncomfortably tight.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I got the OMP HTE-R. XL size. Put in both driver and passenger. Very happy with this seat. Got XL size. Fits me well. 6’2” 230lbs, 38” waist. L size was uncomfortably tight.
Good info, I appreciate it!
Sponsored