Sponsored

2019 Mustang GT, PP1, MT82, 401a, Magneride - 4 days first impressions

Bullitt1589

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt #1589
I had the front and rear shiny black bits wrapped with Xpel and the whole car ceramic coated, so far they are scratch-free.
Sponsored

JohnFPII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Yep. Magneride and the wheels were the main reason I wanted to special order. Man, that wait seemed like forever.
How long was your wait? Ordered a Premium GT PP1 401A with magneride back in late Nov. I have not received any info yet on it. I was wanting to pick the car up in early April.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
The gaps on my rear bumper on both wheel wells are not the best. The front is great. Dealer said come in when the weather breaks and they will adjust. I was surprised by how much it is off. Other than that I have mostly the same comments as you about my new '19 GT! I do love my B&O and digital dash though.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
How long was your wait? Ordered a Premium GT PP1 401A with magneride back in late Nov. I have not received any info yet on it. I was wanting to pick the car up in early April.
I ordered September and got mine mid January. Was about 3 1/2 months.

OP
OP
Holmes

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
Ordered October 17th, Blend Date was January 10th. Car arrived at the dealer on January 24th, picked-up on the 25th.
Had a Vin number about 2 weeks after ordering and was able to track it on Fords website.
My dealer is owned by Group1auto, a huge national company, so I suspect there was no issue with Magneride allocation.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Holmes

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very nice. What did you do for paint protection? Ceramic, wax, wrap? Looks super good.

Royal crimson 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt, 2011 Ford Edge,2013 Ford Fiesta
I haven't seen any PP1's with Magride, that seems to be a rare combo, enjoy.
I also have a 18 pp1 with magna ride and as my name suggests Royal Crimson . I have asked my local Ford dealer to find out how many were made in my option combo and for Canada he said only one other one, I am in NB and the other car is supposedly in Alberta . I dont have paper work confirming this but am trying to get some .

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I also have a 18 pp1 with magna ride and as my name suggests Royal Crimson . I have asked my local Ford dealer to find out how many were made in my option combo and for Canada he said only one other one, I am in NB and the other car is supposedly in Alberta . I dont have paper work confirming this but am trying to get some .
You could get a Marti report. Currently it only has info up to 2017 models. I would assume that next year you will be able to get 2018 models. Here is a link to what you can see in the reports if you are unfamiliar with them.

https://www.martiauto.com/martireports.cfm

Royal crimson 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt, 2011 Ford Edge,2013 Ford Fiesta
You could get a Marti report. Currently it only has info up to 2017 models. I would assume that next year you will be able to get 2018 models. Here is a link to what you can see in the reports if you are unfamiliar with them.

Thanks IronG ,will check it out if I dont getr the info from ford directly

Sponsored

Winx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 5.0 Manual Race Red (on order)
I was fortunate to tour the Ferrari factory in 2005. They have engine dynos with the V12 motors running AT redline for extended periods. They then get installed in customer cars. And every new Ferrari did (and I think still does) get delivered with around 60-70 miles on the odometer, but each is taken on an extensive test drive. I saw cars on those test drives, and they were redlining them.
Yep. Ferrari cater to their buyer market. People want to buy it, drive it like they stole it on day one. If Ferrari don’t deliver that then people would take the car back for a refund; and THEY DO!

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
When I worked in Dearborn I often participated in HMI (human machine interface) driver clinics, where they have you go through various types of tests of the infotainment, driver controls, HVAC controls etc., and rate them and provide comments. This was both for their own and competitor products. I provided a lot of constructive feedback and often the engineers I spoke with agreed with me. Unfortunately, they too get overruled by the styling dept/studio and this stupid thing called Ford DNA. My biggest complaint with the premium Mustang interior, for instance, was that you were forced to go into the touchscreen menus to adjust the blower location (face, feet, both), but meanwhile, it has redundant and useless buttons for: A/C, Mac A/C, Defrost and Max Defrost. Two of those are not needed and could easily be controlled the same way as the base HVAC controls where you hold the temp control at the highest or lowest level and it then activates max defrost or max A/C. That would have freed up two buttons for the blower location and wouldn't have changed how it looked.

The Info/Nav setup in both my 2010 Track pack edition, my 2011 CS/GT and my 2011 GT 500 w SVT pck was set up WORLDS better than the current infotainment systems.

The new versions are literally 1) Less intuitive 2) Missing features we used to have (where is the feature where you can overlay the weather radar over top of your navigation display?) and just completely gone backwards.

in my old system i could do a voice command and say "find outback" it would show it to me on the Nav...then with a SINGLE BUTTON press i was calling my order in while driving there (I then sat in the car at the curb and watched big bang theory episodes on DVD on the screen while waiting the order. If i was in a bad storm i could literally over lay a weather radar over my route to see if i was driving into it worse, driving out of it or stuck, in the middle of it....you can't seem to do that now. Remember the record breaking tornado outbreak from April 25-28, 2011 where 348 people got killed. I got caught near that while traveling from work and used the radar to make sure i wasn't driving into it worse while looking for shelter, eventually riding it out in a parking deck attached to a movie theater (I wasn't too close to the tornados but hail was coming down every where and i was trying to avoid having my car smashed by baseball and golf ball sized hail. I must say, that system saved my bacon that night).

And the worst thing...voice recognition is completely unusable in the newer versions, although in the older versions it worked great. The old Shaker 500 was also better than the newer "9 speaker audio" they have in these things by a wide margin. I buffed mine with a digital audio amp and a removable Digital Audio sub and now it sounds passable, plus i can pull the sub out to lighten the weight or make room in the trunk in about 3 minutes time, which is a good reason not to invest in one with an integrated sub. (Simple velcro holds it in place and it looks okay sitting in there).

Go figure...

Last edited:

1st Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
B&O sound system did not meet my expectations. Bass is pretty good, but overall sound quality is lacking. UPDATE: found the surround sound setting. Sounds good now. 8/10.
Please tell me where to find the Surround Sound setting.

OP
OP
Holmes

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s on the “settings” screen. Same place where you adjust the bass, treble, fade, and balance. Can’t remember if it is on the first screen in settings or you may have to scroll down a bit.

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
I think he is just talking about where you can do the front to rear and left to right balance and speed volume??
Sponsored