• Total voters

01Romanss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible 6 Speed PP1
I got this response from Lund when I asked about a dedicated 93 tune. The reason I asked is because the Flex tune does absolutely nothing. It was claimed it would outperform the stock tune. I have raced against my exact car and it was equal. The flex on 93 did nothing....for me. My car is stock and the 4.09 gears were not in the first race and were in the second go around. We did many runs. E85 works. Hereā€™s the Lund response:

Dan- Its not dedicated 93 as we dont do that with pump gas . Too much variation in quality to dedicate it. Its a 91-93 fuel tune and its the exact same logic as the Flex has in it . While on pump gas though, there may be very very little if anything gains. These cars are high compression motors. They thrive off of octane and also longtubes help. Other than that nothing really else does exact for boost

Ford pushed these cars hard for pump gas so we have seen some gain and some not gain while on pump gas. The automatic cars thrive more due to the shifting logic and are faster
Sponsored

SilverStallion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alexis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
i would go for it. went e85 a few months after purchasing my PP1 it felt like a different car. Just recently had to switch to 93 for a long drive and HATED it. acceleration wasnt there like i was use to.

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
Iā€™m going to get Lund to do mine soon, basically itā€™ll be stock with free flowing exhaust on 93, no E85 within about 150 miles of me. I had the same mods done on my ā€˜13 back in 2012 and a tune from Doug Studdard and it was a night and day difference. This one will stay mostly stock for a while, itā€™s my gas saver daily driver, so I can leave my truck parked.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Gen 1 there was a good amount of power from a tune. Gen 3, not so much. Ford learned from the aftermarket tuners and got almost everything out of a stock gen 3.

Like lund told a member in a previous post, some gain and some do not.

Too bad you don't have E85 local, that wakes them up everytime.

black_2018_gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have PBD (same difference really), and on the "stock/91" data logging tune I didn't really feel much of a difference. Didn't really get on it but it didn't seem to be there really. It was a marked difference when I switched over to the flex fuel tune (~E80 according to the nGuage). Even on 91 with the flex fuel tune it seems peppier in the low range.

Sponsored

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
Guys he has a Gen 2 stick. Not a Gen 3/ gen 3 auto, half the posts are referencing (and arguing) about gen 3s tune performance.

Yes get a tune, you will pick up a good deal without headers, especially under peak where you be at most of the time, the higher the octane the better. You can get headers/GT350 mani (or 2018 for less money/power) later and update your tune then for even more power.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Sorry I missed that. I thought he had a gen 3.

Gen 2 absolutely worth it

Last edited:

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
E85 is a different animal and more than worth it. 93/91 tune may be worth while on a base car with out drive modes or on older gens. Skip the cai unless iats are not an issue.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
E85 is not knock limited N/A, and is your best bang for the buck. Any generation coyote.

S550mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Lund tune on my NA 2017 was night and day I would have paid twice as much its that much of a difference. More power everywhere.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I have PBD (same difference really), and on the "stock/91" data logging tune I didn't really feel much of a difference. Didn't really get on it but it didn't seem to be there really. It was a marked difference when I switched over to the flex fuel tune (~E80 according to the nGuage). Even on 91 with the flex fuel tune it seems peppier in the low range.
I think every mod should be quantified at the drag strip. If you pick up a 10th or two under similar conditions. Your making 15-30hp more power. For a near stock car. Going by feel is tricky. I ran my supercharged 15gt on 93 octane, it felt quick. I ran the car on e85, it felt quick. But I couldnā€™t go that was a 10.2 run or that was a 9.9 run by feel. (The difference between 93 & e85). It would be great if we could dyno after every mod. But unless itā€™s a shop car. Whoā€™s got money for that? A dragy might be a cheap route to go. And a little more reliable than a but dyno.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Guys he has a Gen 2 stick. Not a Gen 3/ gen 3 auto, half the posts are referencing (and arguing) about gen 3s tune performance.

Yes get a tune, you will pick up a good deal without headers, especially under peak where you be at most of the time, the higher the octane the better. You can get headers/GT350 mani (or 2018 for less money/power) later and update your tune then for even more power.
Itā€™s the little details that makes forums fun.:giggle:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
It will run lean and you risk burning a piston or valves.

I have tested to 30%. I did not really like the logs I saw but my personal car was safe.

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
I think every mod should be quantified at the drag strip. If you pick up a 10th or two under similar conditions. Your making 15-30hp more power. For a near stock car. Going by feel is tricky. I ran my supercharged 15gt on 93 octane, it felt quick. I ran the car on e85, it felt quick. But I couldnā€™t go that was a 10.2 run or that was a 9.9 run by feel. (The difference between 93 & e85). It would be great if we could dyno after every mod. But unless itā€™s a shop car. Whoā€™s got money for that? A dragy might be a cheap route to go. And a little more reliable than a but dyno.
I dyno every mod. I go so much I get a discount sometimes. Dyno run I think is $80 but to me is worth it, at least you know what your investment made.
As far as the Lund tune. I think it is worth it just for the transmission tune. I have not went back to 93 since I did the tune. I love the E85 tune. I dropped 3-4 tenths and picked up 4mph in almost the exact conditions (2100 feet and 2200feet DA) and this was spinning way more due to stock tires vs dead hooking and just a chirp with stock tune. With the Lund tune, injen cai and a Xpipe ran 11.5s on stock tires. I LOVE the tune.
Sponsored

Last edited: