Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Use of those people you see with tunes and changing thermostats is based off a recommendation from Lund and many other tuners and performance shops. The tune does not make the engine run hotter. Lund likes to keep cylinder head temps down for better overall performance and safety in the tune and that so no timing gets pulled when pushing the engine hard. He turns the fans on sooner in all of his tunes. So they are ready for the recommended lower thermostat. So if you decide to get a lower thermostat and don't have a Lund tune you will need to get it updated so the fan timing supports it so you can reap the full benefits.
I know.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Sponsored

kray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Edge 2013 F150
I was talking with the service manager at my dealership yesterday about this. He told me the minute the tune goes into the car the warranty on the engine is done. He was pretty serious and said there is no debate on the issue. A bit scary rolling the dice on the warranty.

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Is it just me, or are those AF readings on the high side? I'd be a little nervous if that was my daily driver. JMO
13:1 is about perfect for a N/A engine. It has a JLT and Lund tune now and is a bit fat.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I was talking with the service manager at my dealership yesterday about this. He told me the minute the tune goes into the car the warranty on the engine is done. He was pretty serious and said there is no debate on the issue. A bit scary rolling the dice on the warranty.
such is life. good thing engines aren't blowing with these tunes. coyote is a tank.

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer doesnt have the authority to even make that decision and there are certainly other factors. Whether or not it is economically feasible to continue the fight with the manufacturer is another story (attorney fees will quickly exceed the cost of the damage should the issue go that far).

I had 413 miles on the car when I did everything LOL.

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150

Time to find another dealership.

kray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Edge 2013 F150
You could talk to 5 different dealers and get 5 different opinions no doubt. I love it, all in right from the start with 413 miles. I seriously doubt I will last the duration of the warranty without the tune. (lol)

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
13:1 is considered very lean for the Coyote application, but this is why it shows a good HP number on the dyno.

13:1 is good for lean power on a chevy. 12.5 is good for rich power on a chevy.

the tuning community have seen too many issues running those numbers on the coyote.

something else to keep in mind, however, is that 13:1 on the dyno is probably based on 14.68 stoich used for ethanol free gas. pump gas is E10, which has a stoich of 14.1. this means that 13:1 is really 12.46, which is more reasonable.

that's why AFR is stupid and lambda is the right way to measure it.

and with THAT said, 12.46 off of 14.1 is .88, which is still pretty lean for a coyote. most recommend staying in the .82-.83 range.
Sponsored