Lund 93 tune worth it?

Hydra5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hey guys I have a stock GT with a fatback exhaust and the 10r80. I’m looking at purchasing a Hp tuners RTD with custom tune from Lund. No e85 just a 93 tune. I was wondering if it is worth it or am I just blowing $800. I don’t expect crazy’s gains at all just very minor minimal gains. I’m more in it for drivability and different shift patterns. Is this worth it? If not any other tune recommendations?
Sponsored

Last edited:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ask yourself if you plan on more mods down the line and if the answer is YES, I’d wait until you get all other mods installed, so that you get maximum benefit from the tune.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
You may or may not have regular access to E85, but when you tune, I think it would be worth it to purchase some by the 5 gallon pail online (just to tune with) and have your tuner write you a Flex tune and an E85 Race tune. That way you will have those tunes for when you need them or have access to E85 (at the pump even) and get all of that done for same price (93, Flex and E85 Race).

NASteve

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
For power I wouldn't get the tune, but because the shift command is so much better for the 10R80 I would definitely do it again. You won't pick up much power from a 93 tune but everything else makes the tune worth it. If you have a lot of mods planned then start buying them and then get it tuned. I did it mainly for the shifting commands not so much performance and to also learn the whole remote tuning process.

Sponsored

C0y0te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I purchased a tune for my friend and we really disappointed with results.

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
why not e85, you're in chicagoland so it's available. just curious is all, obviously your car, your choice.

i have a Livernois tune on mine that I am very happy with. worth it IMO for E85. havent spent much time on the 91/93 tune to really get a feel for how much power it picked up on just a 91+ tune. i could feel the trans difference immediately with the tune, for the better. more aggressive and overall better feel, A10 that is. Livernois uses a flex for E85 and 91 + which helps for convenience sake. have to do a "drive cycle" on each fill up, not a huge deal. im guessing a dedicated E85 only tune might squeeze out a little bit more power but ive been happy with it so far.

regardless, as stated above, seems best to wait until youve decided what, if any, other mods. some intakes require a tune to run properly.

NASteve

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
why not e85, you're in chicagoland so it's available. just curious is all, obviously your car, your choice.

i have a Livernois tune on mine that I am very happy with. worth it IMO for E85. havent spent much time on the 91/93 tune to really get a feel for how much power it picked up on just a 91+ tune. i could feel the trans difference immediately with the tune, for the better. more aggressive and overall better feel, A10 that is. Livernois uses a flex for E85 and 91 + which helps for convenience sake. have to do a "drive cycle" on each fill up, not a huge deal. im guessing a dedicated E85 only tune might squeeze out a little bit more power but ive been happy with it so far.

regardless, as stated above, seems best to wait until youve decided what, if any, other mods. some intakes require a tune to run properly.

I don't know if the RTD will do a flex tune, plus I wouldn't waste my money on a aftermarket air intake for the 2018+ cars.

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
Just putting it out there. Dont sleep on PBD. Good price and my customer service has been just fine, depending on time of day you contact then. Depends on responds. Am contact same day response. Afternoon same day maybe or next Business day. I have both 93 , FF. 93 is a very smooth and Streetable tune good gain in the mid and top. FF tune turns your stang in to a more race car feel. Pulls hard your over 100 b4 u know it.

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased a tune for my friend and we really disappointed with results.
Can you elaborate?
What Tuner?
What Trans?

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Just putting it out there. Dont sleep on PBD. Good price and my customer service has been just fine, depending on time of day you contact then. Depends on responds. Am contact same day response. Afternoon same day maybe or next Business day. I have both 93 , FF. 93 is a very smooth and Streetable tune good gain in the mid and top. FF tune turns your stang in to a more race car feel. Pulls hard your over 100 b4 u know it.
The "larger" tuning guys IMO do not seem to be even this responsive any longer.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I don't know if the RTD will do a flex tune,
The RTD is just a flashing device, your tuner writes the E85 or flex tune.

Simply, yes the RTD can flash an E85 or flex tune.
Sponsored