Sponsored

Tune worth it?

chadmclark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey all,

Sorry if this has been beaten to death, but, I couldn't find the exact info ...

I have a 2015 5.0, auto, 3.15. Is a tune goiing to make a noticeable difference? Is it actually any quicker to 60 and 1/4?

Thanks!!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Yes!! I cut 3/10ths off my 1/4 ET

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Cool. Any articles or the like showing before and after, track/dyno, etc? Thanks again!

Oh, and with a bazillion tuners, any recommendations?
it's all in the v8 section in a ton of threads. you'll get alot pro lund around here. I just put steeda on today from the insane pre bf steeda induction power pack deal that was $300+ cheaper than anything with lund attached to it... so far so good.

Sponsored

NasaStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium CO A6
Lund Livernois Steeda AM all good tuners and are all active on the forums. Dont think youll go wrong with any of them. I just picked up my Ngauge and lund tune from the BF sale. Check the v8 section and the drag section for dynos and 1/4 miles etc.

alimustafa23

alimustafa23
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustafa
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT blood red PP
it's all in the v8 section in a ton of threads. you'll get alot pro lund around here. I just put steeda on today from the insane pre bf steeda induction power pack deal that was $300+ cheaper than anything with lund attached to it... so far so good.
I ordered the same! How is the tune treating you so far?

-M

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I ordered the same! How is the tune treating you so far?

-M
so far so good! the car got a little kick in the butt i'd say according to the ole butt dyno. breaks loose i'd say about 20% easier though even with all assists on(I no way in hell turn these off on a mexican road)... bout scared the crap out of me today because I wasn't anticipating to break loose so much easier at the top end of 2nd. Gotta roll into the throttle tad more than just slamming it to the floor.

OP
OP
chadmclark

chadmclark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This is great guys ... already seeing some posts on lund. I'm car poor after lowering, exhaust, and wheels so it may be a bit, but I've never tuned any of my mustangs and damnit, the mod itch is coming back again!! ;-)

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just wanted to throw it out there... a tune CAN affect your powertrain warranty if you have an engine problem. Just know the pros/cons of doing it. The dealer will be able to tell, if they check, if a tune has been loaded on the car even if you reload the stock tune. I am about to go with a tune on my car and I only have 11k miles on it so far... but I wanted to make sure no problems were going to pop up before going that route.

Of course I am sure you are already aware that your springs and exhaust are no longer covered. :D

Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I remember Brenspeed being big with the S197 4.6's if I recall correctly but a lot of people are going Lund etc and I haven't seen anyone complain yet that the money wasn't well worth it. I guess we will both have to check it out ourselves chadmclark lol.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
to my knowledge at least on this forum...there hasn't been an issue where something got tore up on the car from the tune... these email tunes aren't really pushing the car to the limits from what I understand... their relatively safe.

OP
OP
chadmclark

chadmclark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just wanted to throw it out there... a tune CAN affect your powertrain warranty if you have an engine problem. Just know the pros/cons of doing it. The dealer will be able to tell, if they check, if a tune has been loaded on the car even if you reload the stock tune. I am about to go with a tune on my car and I only have 11k miles on it so far... but I wanted to make sure no problems were going to pop up before going that route.

Of course I am sure you are already aware that your springs and exhaust are no longer covered. :D
Funny you mention, because before I did the axle backs, I had a rattling inside the ginormous resonator - which under warranty - Ford swapped for an entire new exhaust front to back; noise gone, chop chop I went lol.

Other than $$ for the tune, the warranty on the engine is one of my concerns. I just hit 12.5k :)

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Funny you mention, because before I did the axle backs, I had a rattling inside the ginormous resonator - which under warranty - Ford swapped for an entire new exhaust front to back; noise gone, chop chop I went lol.

Other than $$ for the tune, the warranty on the engine is one of my concerns. I just hit 12.5k :)

I had the same resonator issue, and they did the same thing for me....

OP
OP
chadmclark

chadmclark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I had the same resonator issue, and they did the same thing for me....
Oh wow, hadn't heard of anybody else! It was on idle. I had hoped it was just a loose bolt but, didn't mind them swapping out the rig.

Jeez, speaking of warranty I gotta get my driver visor replaced; no power to it, so the homelink and lights don't work (I swapped fuses, no dice lol) ... Oh well, small potatoes to me :)

Sponsored