Lund 93 tune worth it?

blue5.slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base, M/T
Hey guys I have a stock GT with a fatback exhaust and the 10r80. I’m looking at purchasing a Hp tuners RTD with custom tune from Lund. No e85 just a 93 tune. I was wondering if it is worth it or am I just blowing $800. I don’t expect crazy’s gains at all just very minor minimal gains. I’m more in it for drivability and different shift patterns. Is this worth it? If not any other tune recommendations?
Since you have the 10r80 they will also tune the trans. The car will feel like a different animal. Lund is very reputable and reliable. Definitely worth it
Sponsored

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
I was thinking about doing a tune on my relatively stock 15’, base , stick car with just a 3” borla catback, and c&l style short cai

What could one expect with this?

Aed has answered all my questions almost instantly out of all the big name companies,

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I was thinking about doing a tune on my relatively stock 15’, base , stick car with just a 3” borla catback, and c&l style short cai

Aed has answered all my questions almost instantly out of all the big name companies,
If you have a stick, I definitely wouldn't pay for a tune. You might get 10 or 15 hp out of a tune with a CAI, and you'll pay however much the tune and device costs. You'd get as much gain by using 93. You won't get any adjusted shift points, so if I were you I'd wait until you have a lot of mods lined up to get a tune to both avoid wasting money now and to get the most out of the tune when you get it done.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
In short: yes

The 10r80 transmission reflash from Lund is worth the money. The additional power you'll gain from Lund fine tuning the timing/fueling is just an added bonus. We've used Lund Racing on all of our Coyotes and GT500's which includes our '18 10r80 "Goldmember". We have RTD's in stock and can get it out to you today.

Lund Racing Custom Tunes | Shop Our Custom Lund Tuning Online - Lethal Performance

Let us know if you have any questions.

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

I think a Lund tune on a gen 2 motor will be noticeable.
My 15gt had a Steeda tune and it was noticeable

OP
OP
Hydra5.0

Hydra5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
For power I wouldn't get the tune, but because the shift command is so much better for the 10R80 I would definitely do it again. You won't pick up much power from a 93 tune but everything else makes the tune worth it. If you have a lot of mods planned then start buying them and then get it tuned. I did it mainly for the shifting commands not so much performance and to also learn the whole remote tuning process.
That’s what I was Olán on doing it for as well the shifting

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
I think a Lund tune on a gen 2 motor will be noticeable.
My 15gt had a Steeda tune and it was noticeable
@ChitownStang

Ive read a bunch and see numbers from 6 to 40’sh hp from açaí and tune, plus better tip in etc from a tune.

Aed would be my first try, dude answered every question before I could click send it seemed, and I sent a lot a month or so ago.

Emsiled Lind, pbd, and aed at same time and received a canned reply from pbd and never heard from lund.

Anyways, CAI and 18’ intake are kinda my thinking along with the 3” catback..

Whats that guess on hp

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
If you have a stick, I definitely wouldn't pay for a tune. You might get 10 or 15 hp out of a tune with a CAI, and you'll pay however much the tune and device costs. You'd get as much gain by using 93. You won't get any adjusted shift points, so if I were you I'd wait until you have a lot of mods lined up to get a tune to both avoid wasting money now and to get the most out of the tune when you get it done.
I respectfully disagree, I have a 16 GT PP manual and the first thing I did was add a Roush intake, N gauge and tune. The site I bought it from claimed a around 30 hp increase, if I remember correctly it was 28. That's really irrelevant though, after I installed and loaded the tune there was a noticeable difference in the car. I remember having a big smile on my face the first drive and the car just felt like it woke up, if that makes sense.

OP
OP
Hydra5.0

Hydra5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
why not e85, you're in chicagoland so it's available. just curious is all, obviously your car, your choice.

i have a Livernois tune on mine that I am very happy with. worth it IMO for E85. havent spent much time on the 91/93 tune to really get a feel for how much power it picked up on just a 91+ tune. i could feel the trans difference immediately with the tune, for the better. more aggressive and overall better feel, A10 that is. Livernois uses a flex for E85 and 91 + which helps for convenience sake. have to do a "drive cycle" on each fill up, not a huge deal. im guessing a dedicated E85 only tune might squeeze out a little bit more power but ive been happy with it so far.

regardless, as stated above, seems best to wait until youve decided what, if any, other mods. some intakes require a tune to run properly.
I do have e85 available near me but it is my daily car. Im don’t know much info about e85. I don’t plan building a whole race car like I said it’s my daily driver. I know they make e85 flex fuel tunes. Im not to sure how it works and how it effects the motor. Im relatively new to all this

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I would only do the tune if you have a CAI with a larger mass airflow sensor so the tune can accommodate the CAI. The combo could be worth 20rwhp.

OP
OP
Hydra5.0

Hydra5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I would only do the tune if you have a CAI with a larger mass airflow sensor so the tune can accommodate the CAI. The combo could be worth 20rwhp.
I was talking to a guy from Lund. I was thinking about a jlt intake but He said he recommends just the stock air intake. I’ve talked to a few other guys as well and they said the stock air box on the 2018+ are pretty well. I might just throw a k&n filter in there and call it a day.

OP
OP
Hydra5.0

Hydra5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
For power I wouldn't get the tune, but because the shift command is so much better for the 10R80 I would definitely do it again. You won't pick up much power from a 93 tune but everything else makes the tune worth it. If you have a lot of mods planned then start buying them and then get it tuned. I did it mainly for the shifting commands not so much performance and to also learn the whole remote tuning process.
That’s what I’m interested in I know I won’t get much of a power gain from the tune but the shift points will be better.

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
Cool...

If you do some quick math cause I’m ocd numbers
nerd

Say a base supercharger kit , $7-8000 plus gets ya 200 ish hp
So roughly 22 hp per $1000

cai, Sct, na tune = 25+ hp is probably a safe number
for under a $1000

So I’d say it’s all part of “chasing hp” game and not a bad thing.

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I respectfully disagree, I have a 16 GT PP manual and the first thing I did was add a Roush intake, N gauge and tune. The site I bought it from claimed a around 30 hp increase, if I remember correctly it was 28. That's really irrelevant though, after I installed and loaded the tune there was a noticeable difference in the car. I remember having a big smile on my face the first drive and the car just felt like it woke up, if that makes sense.
If it makes you happy, then that is all that matters. But to continue the discussion, there are 2 factors to look at. First, what did you spend on the ngauge and tune? Just going off of Lund numbers, the ngauge new was about $479 and a tune for a non-FI car is $300, so the combo probably cost you about $800. The question then becomes can you get more performance by spending $800 on something else. Suspension, tires, etc. Second, if you think you might want to continue modding in the future, you have to consider whether the mods you have paid for will be usable in your future setup. If you want to go FI, you won't be using the CAI you bought, so that money is partially lost if you sell the CAI. You'll also have to pay for a tune again whenever you get your other mods done.

It boils down to cost efficiency really. There's nothing wrong with getting an intake and a tune, but the money spent on those won't really help you in the future, depending on your setup. If you go FBO then obviously you keep the CAI and the cost isn't sunk.

Just my thoughts. If you think "I probably have a max of $x I want to spend modding", then it's worth it to plan these things out to avoid spending money you don't have to.
Sponsored