Vehicle Showcase

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Those are key.....every time I put my car on the lift I wish I had them.

The X brace on a vert is right where you want to put the rear lift. so any exhaust or rear suspension work is halted until you lower the car and reposition!

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all of the recommendations guys! I will let you know how the BMR springs work out. I am also going to be getting the following installed at the same time: Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust, Steeda subframe alignment kit, Steeda vertical links, Steeda shifter base bushing bracket, and BG Synchroshift II transmission fluid. Should be fun!

Last edited:

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
My GT PP came with Steeda springs when I bought it (used). Lowered 1inch. Don't know which model spring though. I was worried about ride quality too. But never noticed ride being too harsh since day one.

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
My GT PP came with Steeda springs when I bought it (used). Lowered 1inch. Don't know which model spring though. I was worried about ride quality too. But never noticed ride being too harsh since day one.
I had a similar experience with my coupe Although I could tell that there was a difference when going over very rough roads/bumps.. the ride was stiffer than stock but still very livable. My main concern with the convertible was the extra weight and the drop being too extreme. in other words if a certain spring dropped the coupe 1"... would it drop the vert even more and would there be a more noticeable decrease in ride quality. I think I am getting a good balance between improved performance and maintaining ride quality with the limited drop BMR springs...

Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black 5.0 Vert
Love my Steeda progressives. Used a Steeda 1/4 spacer in the rear because of the added convertible weight.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Chances are they are our best-selling Steeda Sport Progressive springs.

If you are looking to improve the ride quality even more ... then take a look at our Steeda Pro Actions Shocks & Struts (Fixed) - https://www.steeda.com/steeda-pro-action-shocks-and-struts-for-s550-non-adjustable-en.html

We are coming up on 30 years of success in the marketplace ... could be a sale around the corner :) & as always, let me know if I can ever assist with forum pricing.

I installed mine awhile ago but never saw this thread till now.

I have non-adjustable Pro-Actions front and rear and very happy with them. Stock the car was very bouncy at high speeds and was unsettling. Swapping to the Pro-Actions improved that drastically, made the car handle so much better and feel much more planted on the road instead of oscillating all over the place. Happy customer!
Best Regards,

TJ

Rippermac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP A10
Not trying to hijack... After squaring my 2018 PP with 285/35/20 what what would I be losing by installing the Steeda Sport Progressive?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not trying to hijack... After squaring my 2018 PP with 285/35/20 what what would I be losing by installing the Steeda Sport Progressive?
What are you referencing when you say “losing”?

Sponsored

Rippermac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP A10
What are you referencing when you say “losing”?
As in comparative to the PP springs other than ride height.. is there a performance loss or is this what Ford should be doing in the first place :)

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Every set of S550 lowering springs we install here also gets our 555-8139 Steeda S550 Mustang Camber Plates. The camber plates replace the factory upper strut mounts and unlike the factory parts, allow you to get the camber on the front suspension to the correct setting for proper tire wear and handling.

Clears 20" wheels without rubbing.

p.m. coming.

Best Regards,

TJ

1Silver1Red

V6'ing And Dealing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Alright. I'm just going to tell you all what I like, then you can take turns beating the s#&t out of me. However, if anyone has any legitimate recommendations, I absolutely welcome them. I personally like it when the wheels/ tires stick out a little past the wheel well. Not a lot, so that it looks like they were stolen from another car, just a little. If I keep the car at the stock ride height, then I have nothing to worry about. However, I do want to lower the car, mainly the front to reduce some of the gap. Are there any lowering spring options that would work in my case? 2017 V6.
user34542_pic12095_1522614545.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: