Lowering Springs for GT vert

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I am booked in to get mine done on Wednesday. Going min drop as well, 082/089. I like the look of your front. Stock front always looked a tad to high for my liking. But the min drop does it for me...:thumbsup:

Your vert is standing quite nicely.....:D
Thanks! I think you'll be pleased!
Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Thanks! I think you'll be pleased!
I hope so. :D It's a long time coming, and I have poured over stance pics. I am sure I have made the right decision on springs. :thumbsup:

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I hope so. :D It's a long time coming, and I have poured over stance pics. I am sure I have made the right decision on springs. :thumbsup:

I was the same way, it's a big decision. I always say the stance, wing, and wheels make or break the car.

What are you doing for dampers?

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I was the same way, it's a big decision. I always say the stance, wing, and wheels make or break the car.

What are you doing for dampers?
I was gonna stick with the stock and cut them, why? Should I have gone another route?

Stance is a big thing for me. I like the hips our cars have. But looking down the side, they are a tad too high for my liking as compared to the wheel well. My 20mm spacers helped tremendously, but that 1/2 drop will seal the deal on the rear for me. And the front always looked a bit high as compared to the back. So this should be taken care of Wednesday. :cheers:

Pictures to follow Wednesday evening. :clap2:

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I mean shocks and struts lol

I've been considering spacers myself. The wheels are just a little too tucked for my liking.

I was gonna stick with the stock and cut them, why? Should I have gone another route?

Stance is a big thing for me. I like the hips our cars have. But looking down the side, they are a tad too high for my liking as compared to the wheel well. My 20mm spacers helped tremendously, but that 1/2 drop will seal the deal on the rear for me. And the front always looked a bit high as compared to the back. So this should be taken care of Wednesday. :cheers:

Pictures to follow Wednesday evening. :clap2:

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I mean shocks and struts lol

I've been considering spacers myself. The wheels are just a little too tucked for my liking.
DUH!!!:doh::doh: Staying stock for now. Gonna see what happens. If I don't like the ride, I will change up. One thing at a time. My theory is, if I change our everything, and don't like it, I won't know what I don't like if I have made multiple changes. :shrug:

20mm spacers let my rears sit perfectly flush. I love it

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
DUH!!!:doh::doh: Staying stock for now. Gonna see what happens. If I don't like the ride, I will change up. One thing at a time. My theory is, if I change our everything, and don't like it, I won't know what I don't like if I have made multiple changes. :shrug:

20mm spacers let my rears sit perfectly flush. I love it
I feel the exact same way. I'll just offer this, the factory shocks and struts are a little over matched for the springs. My car got really bouncy. Hence the PP suspension being on order. lol

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I feel the exact same way. I'll just offer this, the factory shocks and struts are a little over matched for the springs. My car got really bouncy. Hence the PP suspension being on order. lol
Yes, I read what you experienced. I don't know if changing rears and fronts will change that. Time will tell I guess. But thank you for your honest input. :cheers:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
OK, here's a spring + wheels fitment shot for you guys, better photos of the wheels to follow, but this shows how _nice_ it looks with a really proper setup.

16 GT PP
BMR SP080 springs
MMR M600 wheels, 20x10 ET35 front, 20x11 ET50 rear
Nitto G2 tires, 285/35 front, 305/35 rear
Alignment to Ford specs

Fenders filled out, but still cleanly tucked, minimal gap, no rubbing ... *boom* :headbang:
DSC_0100_R.jpg

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
OK, here's a spring + wheels fitment shot for you guys, better photos of the wheels to follow, but this shows how _nice_ it looks with a really proper setup.

16 GT PP
BMR SP080 springs
MMR M600 wheels, 20x10 ET35 front, 20x11 ET50 rear
Nitto G2 tires, 285/35 front, 305/35 rear
Alignment to Ford specs

Fenders filled out, but still cleanly tucked, minimal gap, no rubbing ... *boom* :headbang:
Sitting very nice Brotha!!!!! :cheers:

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Just got BMR 082/089 installed...!!!

Need to put my Gorilla lugs and caliper covers reinstalled before good pics. But here is the outcome...

Before drop..... (front)

[/url]IMG_0421 by Derek George, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]IMG_0419 by Derek George, on Flickr[/IMG]

After drop...(front)

[/url]IMG_0429 by Derek George, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]IMG_0427 by Derek George, on Flickr[/IMG]

Drove it home after alignment. Feels good so far. No squeaks, pops, bangs, scrapes, knocks, rubs....:thumbsup:

More pics to come....:D

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Need to put my Gorilla lugs and caliper covers reinstalled before good pics. But here is the outcome...

Before drop..... (front)

After drop...(front)

Drove it home after alignment. Feels good so far. No squeaks, pops, bangs, scrapes, knocks, rubs....:thumbsup:

More pics to come....:D

Outstanding!!

It'll settle down even lower too, I probably dropped another good 1/4"+ over a few days.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=22246]Fordever[/MENTION]. Looks great, and will settle a hair more as stated!

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible