Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Guys,
Just purchased a 2017 GT Convertible. My last ride was a 2016 coupe. I had installed Eibach Pro lowering springs on my 2016 and really like them. They were just a tad bit harsher on really bad bumps but otherwise ran just like stock with much better stance and handling.
For some reason I am hesitating to install them on my convertible. The ride is really smooth, but I can tell that the handling (body roll) and dive/squat is present. I guess my main concern with the convertible is the extra weight and whether the drop would affect ride quality more do to the progressive nature of the springs. Any input would be appreciated. I hope I am not coming down with a bad case of "mod phobia" :eyebulge::shrug:
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
If you install our SP763 Springs, you would absolutely love every second of driving your Convertible.

I have plenty of people who install them on GT convertibles and contact me post-installation to provide incredible feedback.

They are cost effective, provide excellent ride and require nothing other than the SP763 and following the instructions.

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to inquire!

Good luck and enjoy whatever choice you make.

IL_G6_Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
I ordered a set of Vogtland lowering springs for my convertible. Do I need anything else to install these? I keep getting conflicting advice. I called Vogtland and they said nothing other then an alignment is needed. Others are telling me I should get a camber kit (I couldn't find one for the vert). Thoughts?

Thanks

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a set of Vogtland lowering springs for my convertible. Do I need anything else to install these? I keep getting conflicting advice. I called Vogtland and they said nothing other then an alignment is needed. Others are telling me I should get a camber kit (I couldn't find one for the vert). Thoughts?

Thanks
All you should need is an alignment when installing lowering springs. When I did my couple I also installed a IRS subframe alignment kit from Steeda since the IRS is lowered when installed the springs.... You may also want to look into a BMR Cradle Lockout Kit as well if you plan to drive it hard....Camber Kit is not needed. The drop is typically only 1"

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We have had many customers install our progressive springs on their convertible & they have had no complaints:

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-sport-springs-progressive-2015-gt-v6-coupe-555-8210.html

IMG_0413.jpg

PM AZ50GT & he can provide some feedback here - https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64929&highlight=Progressive+Springs&page=15

We just had 15% off our Steeda springs ... if you are interested, I can extend that same pricing to you!

Shoot me a note to [email protected]

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

IL_G6_Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All you should need is an alignment when installing lowering springs. When I did my couple I also installed a IRS subframe alignment kit from Steeda since the IRS is lowered when installed the springs.... You may also want to look into a BMR Cradle Lockout Kit as well if you plan to drive it hard....Camber Kit is not needed. The drop is typically only 1"
Got it. That's helpful. While I only expect about a 1" drop, they advertise them as 1.5" upfront and 1.3" in the rear.

Is there a BMR cradle lockout kit that works for convertibles? I looked on American Muscle and they exclude verts from the one they sell.

Thanks

IL_G6_Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We just had 15% off our Steeda springs ... if you are interested, I can extend that same pricing to you!

Shoot me a note to [email protected]

Best Regards,

TJ
I appreciate the offer TJ. Unfortunately, I already have the springs and have an appointment to get them installed on Thursday. I just wanted to make sure there isn't anything else I need before he puts it up on the lift.

Thanks!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
My apologies, I read that incorrectly.

We recommend installing our 555-8139 Steeda S550 Mustang Camber Plates (15-18 All) at the same time.

The factory strut mounts have no provision for camber adjustment.

To prevent your tires from wearing prematurely, we strongly recommend the camber plates.

Also installing them, you will feel increased front grip, turn-in response and cornering performance.

When getting the springs installed, it will be more cost-effective to get the plates installed at the same tame as the springs - you will save on labor.

Also, you can always go as far as installing the Pro Action Shocks & Struts at the same time ... which will also save on labor costs. This will further enhance the drivability of the car!

Hope that helps!

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Got it. That's helpful. While I only expect about a 1" drop, they advertise them as 1.5" upfront and 1.3" in the rear.

Is there a BMR cradle lockout kit that works for convertibles? I looked on American Muscle and they exclude verts from the one they sell.

Thanks
I should correct myself-- always go with the recommendation of the spring manufacturer... I know that some spring kits such as the eibach sport set advertise an aggressive drop beyond 1" and may require more than just an alignment.
In terms of the BMR Cradle Lockout.. I would PM the BMR rep directly.. (I think Kelly from BMR posted on this thread) to find out if there is a convertible option for that. I myself need to do more research on that because I keep hearing conflicting opinions on if it is needed (depending upon what driving style) and whether it significantly increases NVH. For me, I am looking at this vert as a cruiser with the wife and kids and occasional spirited driving thru some twisty roads... but nothing more than that. So I am trying to be careful not to do too much modding that would increase noise and NVH.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
If you install our SP763 Springs, you would absolutely love every second of driving your Convertible.
SP080s or get the hell out :D

(still love mine)

In terms of the BMR Cradle Lockout.. I would PM the BMR rep directly.. (I think Kelly from BMR posted on this thread) to find out if there is a convertible option for that.
The braces in this kit are redundant for a convertible as it already has a massive rear brace. :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
SP080s or get the hell out :D

(still love mine)

The braces in this kit are redundant for a convertible as it already has a massive rear brace. :)
What is the difference between the SP080's and the SP763?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
What is the difference between the SP080's and the SP763?
I believe it's just the amount of the drop, they're both spec'ed to 170lb/in Front, 740lb/in Rear (just checked).

My car sitting on the SP080 setup is _low_, it looks spectacular (especially with my wheels/tires), feels great (love linear springs).

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I believe it's just the amount of the drop, they're both spec'ed to 170lb/in Front, 740lb/in Rear (just checked).

My car sitting on the SP080 setup is _low_, it looks spectacular (especially with my wheels/tires), feels great (love linear springs).
thanks! any pics?

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0