First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hey - I am with you there!

I try and be conservative though. :D
HI Kelly,
I just pm'd you yesterday but did not receive a reply.. I guess I am concerned about the ride quality difference between the different model of springs. I want a decent drop without compromising ride quality.... what is the main difference I would experience between the SP080's and the SP763?

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Love the drop, wheels, setup...but that yellow spoiler coming out the back is just plain bad....:D

QUOTE=MaskedRacerX;2200594]:cheers:

attachment.jpg
[/QUOTE]

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
What size tires are you running. And can you get me a copy of the alignment specs?
I'm running a 285/35-20 front and a 305/35-20 rear, wheels are MRR in 20x10 @ ET35 front, 20x11 @ ET50 rear, the fitment is perfect (more offset that stock, but still tucked in so no clearance issues, even at that ride height).

Note those sizes are the same front-to-rear ratio as the stock PP setup.

Alignment is just a really exact stock specification.

Love the drop, wheels, setup...but that yellow spoiler coming out the back is just plain bad....:D
Well, the rear end was getting a little light at 165, so I had to do _something_.

:lol:

Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
If you install our SP763 Springs, you would absolutely love every second of driving your Convertible.

I have plenty of people who install them on GT convertibles and contact me post-installation to provide incredible feedback.

They are cost effective, provide excellent ride and require nothing other than the SP763 and following the instructions.

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to inquire!

Good luck and enjoy whatever choice you make.
Im looking for the same things Lorne is, but in an Eco version. Do you recommend a set that reflects the EB's lighter front end?

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
HI Kelly,
I just pm'd you yesterday but did not receive a reply.. I guess I am concerned about the ride quality difference between the different model of springs. I want a decent drop without compromising ride quality.... what is the main difference I would experience between the SP080's and the SP763?
The SP763 is the min drop set of 4. I run the same front springs included in that kit (SP089). As you can see below you're currently at 150 lb/in with your stock springs in the front. Both the SP089 (min drop) and SP080 are rated at 170 lbs/in, not too big of a change either way. The difference is your going to get more drop with the SP080s. Too much for my taste considering a heavier vert will drop more than a coupe. My car dropped darn close to an inch in the front with the min drops. This level of drop should allow you to get your alignment in spec with out camber bolts or plates.

As far as ride quality I felt my car was too "floaty" stock, and changing only the springs made it a little worse. I have since swapped in PP dampers and 350R sway bars. For my taste the ride is like it should have come from the factory, subtle but firm. Certainly not going to lose any fillings.

I'd be willing to bet that if you paired a set up min drop springs from Steeda or BMR with the Steeda fixed dampers your ride quality would actually be better than stock.

Other projects have taught me the lesson of the importance of quality dampers, so I'll probably be going that route this summer as well.

GT: 160 / 668
GT PP: 165/728
BMR Performance: 170/740 (1.2" F / 0.5" R)
BMR Handling: 300/980 (1.2" F / 0.50" R)
BMR Drag: 150/800 (1.2" F / 0.5" R)

I'm running a 285/35-20 front and a 305/35-20 rear, wheels are MRR in 20x10 @ ET35 front, 20x11 @ ET50 rear, the fitment is perfect (more offset that stock, but still tucked in so no clearance issues, even at that ride height).

Note those sizes are the same front-to-rear ratio as the stock PP setup.

Alignment is just a really exact stock specification.

Well, the rear end was getting a little light at 165, so I had to do _something_.

:lol:
I love that wing....what brand is it?

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The SP763 is the min drop set of 4. I run the same front springs included in that kit (SP089). As you can see below you're currently at 150 lb/in with your stock springs in the front. Both the SP089 (min drop) and SP080 are rated at 170 lbs/in, not too big of a change either way. The difference is your going to get more drop with the SP080s. Too much for my taste considering a heavier vert will drop more than a coupe. My car dropped darn close to an inch in the front with the min drops. This level of drop should allow you to get your alignment in spec with out camber bolts or plates.

As far as ride quality I felt my car was too "floaty" stock, and changing only the springs made it a little worse. I have since swapped in PP dampers and 350R sway bars. For my taste the ride is like it should have come from the factory, subtle but firm. Certainly not going to lose any fillings.

I'd be willing to bet that if you paired a set up min drop springs from Steeda or BMR with the Steeda fixed dampers your ride quality would actually be better than stock.

Other projects have taught me the lesson of the importance of quality dampers, so I'll probably be going that route this summer as well.

GT: 160 / 668
GT PP: 165/728
BMR Performance: 170/740 (1.2" F / 0.5" R)
BMR Handling: 300/980 (1.2" F / 0.50" R)
BMR Drag: 150/800 (1.2" F / 0.5" R)

Thanks SVT.. I guess my ultimate goal would be to maintain as close to the stock ride quality as I can while lowering the vehicle for better performance. I am a little concerned with the fact that all of the BMR springs are linear vs progressive. From everything I have heard and researched the linear springs are not going to be as comfortable as the progressive....

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The wing or the "wing" ? :D

The larger yellow product is a Zap Pro custom, the smaller black, more permanent wing is an MMD by Foose.

My car started as a PP car, so I just did the springs, but I have seriously considered the GT350 swaybars, the price is right and I hear they work great with the rest of my setup. The Steeda billet rear shock mounts are supposed to work amazingly well too, and also reasonably inexpensive.

Thanks SVT.. I guess my ultimate goal would be to maintain as close to the stock ride quality as I can while lowering the vehicle for better performance. I am a little concerned with the fact that all of the BMR springs are linear vs progressive. From everything I have heard and researched the linear springs are not going to be as comfortable as the progressive....

Right, so progressive change rate as they compress, so they're more compliant at less compression (like easing around a parking lot, over speed bumps, cruising on bad roads, etc.), but during more aggressive maneuvers the rate increases as they compress.

Linear stay as stuff as they are through the entire compression range.

In my experience, linear are a bit less compliant at low[er] speeds, but I feel like the trade for more predictability under more "aggressive" use is well worth it.

YMMV.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The wing or the "wing" ? :D

The larger yellow product is a Zap Pro custom, the smaller black, more permanent wing is an MMD by Foose.

My car started as a PP car, so I just did the springs, but I have seriously considered the GT350 swaybars, the price is right and I hear they work great with the rest of my setup. The Steeda billet rear shock mounts are supposed to work amazingly well too, and also reasonably inexpensive.

Right, so progressive change rate as they compress, so they're more compliant at less compression (like easing around a parking lot, over speed bumps, cruising on bad roads, etc.), but during more aggressive maneuvers the rate increases as they compress.

Linear stay as stuff as they are through the entire compression range.

In my experience, linear are a bit less compliant at low[er] speeds, but I feel like the trade for more predictability under more "aggressive" use is well worth it.

YMMV.
Little black one lol

The bars were a nice addition, very little decrease in ride quality and the car certainly corners flatter. Highly reccomend
The Steeda mounts are on my radar as well!

[MENTION=24573]Lorne34[/MENTION] Masked Racer pretty much summed it up but I'll just say that for springs that are only 12% stiffer than stock you wouldn't want progressives imho. The first bit of travel would have to be less than stock which would have you feeling like a 1987 Chrysler Lebaron driving down the road.

If you were looking at a spring in the 300 lb/in then a progressive spring might be something to consider

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Update: I just got off the phone with Kelly at BMR. I was thoroughly impressed with his knowledge and explanation of the lowering springs options and suspensions general. I just ordered the SP763 kit.
I am confident they will suit my needs. Will post an update as soon as I have them installed!

Last edited:

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Update: I just got off the phone with Kelly at BMR. I was thoroughly impressed with his knowledge and explanation of lowering springs in general. I just ordered the SP763 kit.
I am confident they will suit my needs. Will post an update as soon as I have them installed!
I think you'll be very happy!

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Springs

I wanted progressive springs so BMR was out of the considerations. I finally installed SVE which are Eibach pro kit spec or close. I drive 80-100 miles 5 days a week in many different situations. City & Hwy. With the OEM shocks & springs they work well at 26,500 miles.
IMG_20180325_115336_041 (1).jpg

drummergelly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
I have been very happy with my Steeda Progressives.
Really noticed the increased rate when I was driving up the mountains to Estes Park. It was smiles the whole way!

b2466164-e9ac-46b6-a6eb-00d2ba4c22f3.jpg

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I have been very happy with my Steeda Progressives.
Really noticed the increased rate when I was driving up the mountains to Estes Park. It was smiles the whole way!

b2466164-e9ac-46b6-a6eb-00d2ba4c22f3.jpg
Thank you for sharing - appreciate your feedback!

TJ
Sponsored