OP

Sytx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Have you considered Ford Performance with the Ford Performance resonator ?
I have not, if I can recall I researched and it’s basically a touring system by Borla? For the same price I was leaning toward the awe touring. Probably similar results with either one I’d bet though

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I have not, if I can recall I researched and it’s basically a touring system by Borla? For the same price I was leaning toward the awe touring.
Without Cats it’s going to be loud, that’s why I suggest the FP resonator (it’s not fiber packed like Borla’s resonator it’s hollow)
Stay away from the MF Tru-X, it’s a huge exhaust gas flow restriction.

OP
OP

Sytx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Without Cats it’s going to be loud, that’s why I suggest the FP resonator (it’s not fiber packed like Borla’s resonator it’s hollow)
Stay away from the MF Tru-X, it’s a huge exhaust gas flow restriction.
Do you think in my original question, if I added some 1794 vibrant resonators, it would tame it some? I love the sound of the outlaws, very aggressive and deep, just so f-ing loud lol

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
That’s why I kinda moved away from mbrp quickly because of the drone I would get. Yes I live in an area where salt is used during winter
MBRP makes a "street" version which has actual mufflers. I actually ordered it about a month ago, it finally shipped recently so I should have it installed by mid week. I got the stainless version to avoid corrosion issues down the line.

Sponsored

Not2Day

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang gt
I have the corsa double h pipe with stock everything else. Sounds great, louder but not obnoxious. Factory mufflers have a nice tight sound to them.

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
If you're catless I can recommend the xforce varex system. They come with butterfly valves in the mufflers that you can open or close based on desired sound level. It comes with a keyfob style remote and optional Bluetooth controlled setup using your phone. At idle I get a low deep rumble maybe wish it was a tad louder but at WOT it screams and I get no drone up to like 90 mph with the mufflers wide open.

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
If going MBRP I'd say just not the race version as then you'd run into the same drone scenario.
I had the MBRP race system on mine before I switched to the Xforce setup and had no issues with drone or anything. The only reason I switched is because I got an awesome deal on a complete system from summit for $1500 including headers, cats and complete varex catback.

Milktasd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 cobra, 2000 Sonoma LSx, 2021 velocity blue gt
I have the corsa double h pipe with stock everything else. Sounds great, louder but not obnoxious. Factory mufflers have a nice tight sound to them.
Would you happen to have any videos of your setup? Been trying to find a Corsa double h video with stock mufflers. Do you have active exhaust or regular?

Not2Day

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang gt
Non active. I do not have any videos. I had a full corsa catback on order and returned the axle back portion. It's not loud its just right. It's mellow at idle and barks if you get on it.

Sponsored

n2ofusion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6M
I’m not enjoying the MBRP street at all. Angry minivan sound.

Looking for something to weld into the mid pipe then go back to a race style axle back

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I put in 20" bottle resonators on my H pipe, barely made any difference at all, if any. Uncatted with free flowing unrestrictive mufflers is just going to be hella loud and with mufflers it will probably drone.

Personally I think the MBRP street had near 0 drone compared to my current magnaflow setup, but the overall volume of the custom magnaflow setup is a bit lower.

n2ofusion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6M
I put in 20" bottle resonators on my H pipe, barely made any difference at all, if any. Uncatted with free flowing unrestrictive mufflers is just going to be hella loud and with mufflers it will probably drone.

Personally I think the MBRP street had near 0 drone compared to my current magnaflow setup, but the overall volume of the custom magnaflow setup is a bit lower.
What brand of resonators? Still, 20” is pretty long and if that didn’t make a difference I probably shouldn’t bark up that tree

OP
OP

Sytx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Okay all. Update, I went ahead because it was relatively inexpensive. I went with two of the Vibrant 1794 resonators welded in right after the cat deletes. Parts and installation only cost me around $200 and it made a Huge difference. I'd say it cut down on the drone and metallic raspiness by I'd even say like 50-75%. Gave the car a much deeper tone and inside the cabin drone is much less.

If anyone has a similar setup, for the low cost I would definitely recommend the vibrant 1794 resonators.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Okay all. Update, I went ahead because it was relatively inexpensive. I went with two of the Vibrant 1794 resonators welded in right after the cat deletes. Parts and installation only cost me around $200 and it made a Huge difference. I'd say it cut down on the drone and metallic raspiness by I'd even say like 50-75%. Gave the car a much deeper tone and inside the cabin drone is much less.

If anyone has a similar setup, for the low cost I would definitely recommend the vibrant 1794 resonators.
Excellent. Ya for being relatively small and cheap they do a pretty good job.
Sponsored