Exhaust setup

HTX.S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Thinking about having my GT dumped from the headers, anybody have any reason to not do this or would it be fine for me to do it. Only had the car for about 3 weeks, has a PEMAS intake, tune, and exhaust but I’ve seen and heard a few 5.0’s with them dumped from the headers and I love it. Any feedback would be appreciated
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Drone. Always loud all the time. Will sound like a tractor without a crossover. You'll miss a bit of high rpm scavenging from no crossover.

OP
OP
HTX.S550

HTX.S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Drone. Always loud all the time. Will sound like a tractor without a crossover. You'll miss a bit of high rpm scavenging from no crossover.
Ok, thanks. So say I get an X pipe and just have it dumped from that, would that be any better or should I just keep my current exhaust system

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, thanks. So say I get an X pipe and just have it dumped from that, would that be any better or should I just keep my current exhaust system
What exhaust?

OP
OP
HTX.S550

HTX.S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
What exhaust?
I bought the car how it is, but I know for a fact that it has Roush mufflers, and the owner before fully straight piped it. I mean it sounds good but Im just looking for something different

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I bought the car how it is, but I know for a fact that it has Roush mufflers, and the owner before fully straight piped it. I mean it sounds good but Im just looking for something different
Too loud gets old very quick. I can tell you from experience you'll eventually hate the car. If you want to go longtubes in the future, keep cats on the car and think about an aftermarket resonator as well. If not going longtubes, Roush with no cats is still ridiculous.

If you want a change in the tone, it's all in the mufflers man. Roush has a unique tone, but so does Corsa and Borla. A lot of people love the Roush axlebacks. There is also a good following for the Corsa Xtremes and Corsa Sports.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If you're ok with the volume, Corsa Xtreme catback. Nothing meaner, more visceral sounding that I've heard (and I had it on my car for 6 mo). It's great fun. Still have stock cats? If so, it's awesome.

OP
OP
HTX.S550

HTX.S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Too loud gets old very quick. I can tell you from experience you'll eventually hate the car. If you want to go longtubes in the future, keep cats on the car and think about an aftermarket resonator as well. If not going longtubes, Roush with no cats is still ridiculous.

If you want a change in the tone, it's all in the mufflers man. Roush has a unique tone, but so does Corsa and Borla. A lot of people love the Roush axlebacks. There is also a good following for the Corsa Xtremes and Corsa Sports.
Yeah, I mean I love loud cars so I know I won’t hate the sound after awhile. I’m always around extremely loud cars. Once I can I’m going to see about catted headers but leave no resonator and get an X pipe. I just wanted something different for now before I can get anything

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Yeah, I mean I love loud cars so I know I won’t hate the sound after awhile. I’m always around extremely loud cars. Once I can I’m going to see about catted headers but leave no resonator and get an X pipe. I just wanted something different for now before I can get anything
If you won't get sick of the loudness, Roush axlebacks, x-pipe, and longtubes sound killer man. Just don't expect to have a conversation in the car without yelling lol. I got compliments everywhere I went with that setup. It sounds menacing. But I eventually had to quiet it down some. It was bananas.

OP
OP
HTX.S550

HTX.S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
If you won't get sick of the loudness, Roush axlebacks, x-pipe, and longtubes sound killer man. Just don't expect to have a conversation in the car without yelling lol. I got compliments everywhere I went with that setup. It sounds menacing. But I eventually had to quiet it down some. It was bananas.
Haha yeah, I mean when I’m just cruising it’s not bad and it’s fully straight piped with Roush mufflers. I love the Roush I’m just looking for something new for the rest of it. Probably going to get a corsa double X pipe with some catted headers eventually

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
My car is still loud AF with catted long tube headers, Corsa Sport, and Vibrant resonators. The rasp is the part that's missing mostly.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
My car is still loud AF with catted long tube headers, Corsa Sport, and Vibrant resonators. The rasp is the part that's missing mostly.
Similar setup except I went Corsa Xtreme. Was great on stock but once I went catted LTH it was insanely loud. Switching from 91 octane to flex fuel helped the cold starts some but not enough. I too ended up adding the vibrant 1794s in front of the mufflers before the x. Calmed down cold starts some, took the edge off through out. Sounds a tad more refined than without. But wot is crazy. I do occasionally miss the face melting at the slightest blip but not the accidental trumpeting of giving a tad too much throttle at an inopportune time. Looking back had I known I was going to go LTH I would have gone Corsa Sport. But if not going lth then like Bmac said the Xtreme is damn near perfect on stock setup.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thinking about having my GT dumped from the headers, anybody have any reason to not do this or would it be fine for me to do it. Only had the car for about 3 weeks, has a PEMAS intake, tune, and exhaust but I’ve seen and heard a few 5.0’s with them dumped from the headers and I love it. Any feedback would be appreciated
I tried it, dumped before the crossover. If you have stock headers, you'll be disappointed. It was incredibly loud and actually sounded good in lower rpms but once I hit 4,000rpms, it sounded like an obnoxious rusted out 90s Chevy 1500 pickup truck with glasspacks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HTX.S550

HTX.S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Man Ya Gotta X it or H it before the dumps
Yeah someone posted a link to "race dumps" which has an X-pipe then leading to the downward tips. Might have to get those if i plan on doing dumps.
Sponsored