Demonic

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Oh yikes I guess their website is inaccurate. Guess I will go with another option then.
That was added back when I talked to them about the re-start batteries having an issue with the Ford smart charging. I just emailed Scott to remind him to update that line. As I said, the ATX20 non-restart battery works fine.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I just talked to Scott. He's sending me an RS30 also to do some tests on through Forscan and also one of the mounting plates to see if it can be modified to fit the mounting points for the stock battery tray. I should have it by next week and will report back.

Sagittaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Hmm well I'll be going with a Braille G30 then this winter I think. I liked the ATX-30 for the restart and the price. The ATX-20's capacity is not something I want to be mindful of on a non-track car. And the RS30 at the price, double the weight, and potential mounting issues is not something I'm all that interested in. The G30 compares to a ATX30... minus the restart and price unfortunately.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Hmm well I'll be going with a Braille G30 then this winter I think. I liked the ATX-30 for the restart and the price. The ATX-20's capacity is not something I want to be mindful of on a non-track car. And the RS30 at the price, double the weight, and potential mounting issues is not something I'm all that interested in. The G30 compares to a ATX30... minus the restart and price unfortunately.
Fair points. Just note that the Braille G30 is actually closer in capacity to the Antigravity YTX20 Iā€™m running. The G30 is listed as 13Ah. The ATX30 is 18Ah. If I recall the YTX20 is somewhere around 12Ah. I think you may have been looking at the ā€œlead acid equivalentā€ (PbEq) numbers, which canā€™t really be compared between manufacturers since the PbEq numbers arenā€™t really standardized. Thatā€™s why Iā€™ve been hoping Scott will turn out a non-restart version of the ATX30 since that would give us more capacity than a Braille G30 at a lower price.

Last edited:

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
The battery is a warranty item if you donā€™t want to spend any money.
Thought about it, but really don't want to hassle with any more dealers. If I get my way, that car will never be touched by another dealer again (nor the truck)

Sagittaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Fair points. Just note that the Braille G30 is actually closer in capacity to the Antigravity YTX20 Iā€™m running. The G30 is listed as 13Ah. The ATX30 is 18Ah. If I recall the YTX20 is somewhere around 12-14Ah. I think you may have been looking at the ā€œlead acid equivalentā€ (PbEq) numbers, which canā€™t really be compared between manufacturers since the PbEq numbers arenā€™t really standardized. Thatā€™s why Iā€™ve been hoping Scott will turn out a non-restart version of the ATX30 since that would give us more capacity than a Braille G30 at a lower price.
Interesting. So for you to get the YTX20 to work you left smart charging enabled and just did a battery reset?

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Interesting. So for you to get the YTX20 to work you left smart charging enabled and just did a battery reset?
Yep, which as I mentioned you should do for any lithium battery you go with, including the Braille if you go that route. I wasnā€™t trying to dissuade you. If you try out the G30 or G30HD that would just give us another data point to go by and Iā€™d be curious how it goes to know if itā€™s another viable option for us.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
Thought about it, but really don't want to hassle with any more dealers. If I get my way, that car will never be touched by another dealer again (nor the truck)
I understand. No one touches my cars but me (unless it is free warranty work). Might as well get to know that Ford dealer in College Station. See if they are good enough to work with in the future. A simple battery replacement should allow you to get to know the service staff to see if they are any good.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
HP Tuners has some options for charging and the Alternator. Maybe that might help the compatibility issues.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I understand. No one touches my cars but me (unless it is free warranty work). Might as well get to know that Ford dealer in College Station. See if they are good enough to work with in the future. A simple battery replacement should allow you to get to know the service staff to see if they are any good.
Unfortunately I've been there 3 times, 2 of which I had to return to fix a problem of their doing (and they still didn't fix it the final time). They DEFINITELY won't ever see one of my cars again.

Still keeping my eye out for a good dealer, but haven't had much luck yet.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
Unfortunately I've been there 3 times, 2 of which I had to return to fix a problem of their doing (and they still didn't fix it the final time). They DEFINITELY won't ever see one of my cars again.

Still keeping my eye out for a good dealer, but haven't had much luck yet.
Thatā€™s too bad. I have no experience with that dealer, but have used a few in here in San Antonio and all have been good.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
How do you do a "battery reset"?
You can either do it yourself with Forscan, or have a dealer use their Ford service computer to do it. Though some people have reported the dealer possibly looking at them with a blank stare. The ones that will do it will typically charge you their standard diagnostic computer fee.

In Forscan:
htk4wSp.jpg

Last edited:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Is the smart charging affecting the batteries by chance? I had to disable that on my car since my BMS system was on the fritz and wouldn't reset on its own like it should leading to my battery not being correctly charged.
Sponsored