Sponsored

JMS PedalMax

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
So you are telling me this adjusts the throttle so that I push the pedal down and inch and it's like it is going to the floor? Really? That seems a little exaggerated.
I am using this setup with afe drop in filter and borla catback exhaust system with no tune. In track mode the sensitivity gets intense and i am not exaggrating, the vacuum neddlepoint hits the max with just a little bit of an input.100% in track mode is pretty extreme!

There is absolutely no way its 50% at wot! I would be bouncing off the engine cut off several times at that point. It works best for me when the knob is around 50%.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Installed the sprint booster. Install is easy and straight forward. Install time depends on your OCD for button placement and zip tie habits. Mine is pretty bad so took me a while to settle on the best route and button placement. Don't have time to drive it but I will report back when I do. Full install pics in my build thread. Link in my signature.

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
^ I didn't know they had a sprint booster for the mustang. How much was it?

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
^ I didn't know they had a sprint booster for the mustang. How much was it?
I got it for just under $265 shipped after an advertised coupon code.

Sponsored

woot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Premium PP
Just read this. So these things are amplifiers that boost the accelerator signal to make it more sensitive. Quote from the paper.

Basically, the Sprint Booster makes the accelerator pedal
about 30% more sensitive. A side effect, which can readily be seen in the graphs
in Figure 3 and Figure 4, is that the accelerator pedal becomes dead beyond about
two thirds travel with Sprint Booster.

This is pretty comparable to using an amplifier and increasing the gain for you audiophiles. Sounds like snake oil to me.

- I am an electrical engineer in the computer technology industry.

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
Just read this. So these things are amplifiers that boost the accelerator signal to make it more sensitive. Quote from the paper.

Basically, the Sprint Booster makes the accelerator pedal
about 30% more sensitive. A side effect, which can readily be seen in the graphs
in Figure 3 and Figure 4, is that the accelerator pedal becomes dead beyond about
two thirds travel with Sprint Booster.

This is pretty comparable to using an amplifier and increasing the gain for you audiophiles. Sounds like snake oil to me.

- I am an electrical engineer in the computer technology industry.
Everyone knows what it does, no one is being fooled as to what they are buying. As I mentioned previously, sure you aren't going to see any noticeable power gains, but theoretically, if it is saving you any delay time from throttle response, it is quicker. I understand this may be a negligible amount, but apparently you can feel it.

For $300 I am still not sold on it. I just keep thinking if I drive my vehicle the way I currently do, with this installed, I will go through my tires much, much quicker.

stangdan26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
I have it to make heel toe downshifting more enjoyable when you blip the throttle that's why I use it and I can assure you for that purpose it does exactly as described

momogt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mustang gt
I have a pedal max on my 2012 gt and I like it believe it or not it did what I wanted it to do I have a tune on the car it was to aggressive with tune and the throttle response adjusted so I had my tuner to leave the throttle adjustments stock and the shift points stock and set my adjustment knob to 50% and bingo I love my car again no lag the car feels like a cable driven car and for a 40mph roll when I floor it no lag it just downshifts and go.

momogt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mustang gt
also is there anyone the can provide feed back on the difference in performance between the original pedal max and the updated version

Sponsored

Ayatollah Humungous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
Two things:

1. I ordered the part from Steeda on Thursday night and used their free shipping. It came to my house on Friday. Based on this and my interactions with them in the past, I am pleased with their services

2. The device was installed in about 10 minutes and that was with me doing the work. I am not talented at mechanical duties, so that is high praise. It also works quite well. I took it for a test drive and was pleased with the differences thus far.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Just got mine a few days ago. Overall I like it. I haven't driven it enough to adjust my driving style so I'll hold off on my final opinion. Also my car is a manual premium, but I want to get used to the new throttle response before trying Sport and Track modes.

One thing I love is that it seems to improve shifting. For whatever reason shifting was always smoother for me in Sport mode. Now it's just as smooth in Normal.

When I installed it and verified the green LED was on, one of the red LED's was flashing. Is that normal?

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
Just got mine a few days ago. Overall I like it. I haven't driven it enough to adjust my driving style so I'll hold off on my final opinion. Also my car is a manual premium, but I want to get used to the new throttle response before trying Sport and Track modes.

One thing I love is that it seems to improve shifting. For whatever reason shifting was always smoother for me in Sport mode. Now it's just as smooth in Normal.

When I installed it and verified the green LED was on, one of the red LED's was flashing. Is that normal?
You will notice a big difference when you add sport mode Did you get the dial knob?

NFS3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT convertable

One red blinking on mine too! I have dial. With Stang Nut, Is this normal?