Sponsored

JMS PedalMax

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
like this, when you have a "cable" a cable moves relative to the position of the pedal, so if you mash it, the butterfly in the TB is open exactly relative to the pedal position

with the drive by wire, you mash it, but the throttle still gradually opens to wide open, the box allows you to make it even , more than even less than even, but more than what it does now, etc..
Appreciate the reply and it was helpful. Now I am wondering if I impatiently get it at current pricing or wait a few weeks and possibly get it for a better price.
Sponsored

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
Ok, so would that work? Maybe, but that's not the point. I'm going to try to explain it. There is what feels like a slight delay in these electronic throttle systems. You press the pedal down half way, but you're only opening up the throttle body 25%. Its not like an old cable driven throttle, where if you press down half way, you're opening up the throttle body 50%. Will you gain any power? No, but your car will be more aggressive or touchy on the throttle. It takes away that "Lag" feeling. Let's try to make an analogy:

Have you ever used a water slide before? Some are rather easy, with no steep decents, and it takes a little bit of time to get moving up to speed. Like it's not wet enough. But then, there are steep ones where you get up to speed almost immediately. Eventually you'll be going the same terminal speed on either slide, but the steeper one is closer to actually falling, and gives you more of that adrenialne rush....lol

That's the best I can come up with on a Monday after a long day at work. Hope it helps someone who may e as crazy as me!
Yeah. I totally understand what you are saying, the hard part is translating it into feel without actually feeling it. Everyone seems to really enjoy this mod so I guess it is a safe bet.

roguestang001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/ 2000 Mustang GT/ 1990 Mustang GT
Yeah. I totally understand what you are saying, the hard part is translating it into feel without actually feeling it. Everyone seems to really enjoy this mod so I guess it is a safe bet.
It is, you'll notice a difference, but it may not feel that difference at first. I would recommend if you do get it, plug it in, drive it for a bit, then unplug it, and you'll feel a difference for sure lol

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

panic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
like this, when you have a "cable" a cable moves relative to the position of the pedal, so if you mash it, the butterfly in the TB is open exactly relative to the pedal position

with the drive by wire, you mash it, but the throttle still gradually opens to wide open, the box allows you to make it even , more than even less than even, but more than what it does now, etc..
If you export to Spain, please shoot me a cute price for a pedal max...Thanks.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Just waiting for Black Friday deal (hopefully) to pull the trigger on this.
we have been running a coupon / forum special for 6 weeks, it won't get any better than that :) we always take care of the guys

If you export to Spain, please shoot me a cute price for a pedal max...Thanks.
pm me shipping addy

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Let me clarify things here, you need the knob to actually set the throttle sensitivity to simulate the cable throttle reponse, this product at 100% sensitivity does not simulate that.

It revs all the way up to 100% throttle at 5-10 % pedal travel which you won't see anywhere but with this setup. You have to play with the knob to actually find the sweet spot. Cheers!

fogus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, DI Blue, Base
Let me clarify things here, you need the knob to actually set the throttle sensitivity to simulate the cable throttle reponse, this product at 100% sensitivity does not simulate that.

It revs all the way up to 100% throttle at 5-10 % pedal travel which you won't see anywhere but with this setup. You have to play with the knob to actually find the sweet spot. Cheers!
"5-10%" - That is not my experience. Watching the vacuum gauge, it looks more like 60% travel or more. Yes, it does go WOT before the pedal hits the floor now (without the knob installed), but it's not 5-10%. That would make the car nearly impossible to drive anywhere but a drag strip.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP

So you are telling me this adjusts the throttle so that I push the pedal down and inch and it's like it is going to the floor? Really? That seems a little exaggerated.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
VERY exaggerated. WOT happens about at 50% pedal travel, I estimate.

Sponsored

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
VERY exaggerated. WOT happens about at 50% pedal travel, I estimate.
I really want to try this mod before I buy it. Obviously everyone loves it, but I don't see why. Just have a heavier foot, it seems. People were saying it doesn't make the car faster.. but it sounds like it would be faster because the delay is removed?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
it could make the car slightly quciker, not a ton, but a little bit

roguestang001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/ 2000 Mustang GT/ 1990 Mustang GT
You don't need the knob. It comes out of the box set for maximum sensitivity over stock. There's a red plug that comes in the box that will allow you to tone it down to 60% sensitivity over stock. The knob just allows you to change it on the fly from 0-100%. If you like that option.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Five0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium
I really want to try this mod before I buy it. Obviously everyone loves it, but I don't see why. Just have a heavier foot, it seems. People were saying it doesn't make the car faster.. but it sounds like it would be faster because the delay is removed?
It doesn't add any power but it feels faster I guess you can say. Yes it removes delay and responds faster

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Here's the sprint booster. I will be installing here shortly.

Sponsored