Sponsored

JMS Pedalmax vs SprintBooster on 2015 Mustang GT

997S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hi all

I'm currently running SprintBoosters on a couple of Porsche 997's and really like the applications.

I'm considering the same on a 2015 Mustang GT with auto trans but am also considering the JMS PedalMax.

Does anyone have experience with both of these products and, if so, how would you compare them? The throttle/trans lag on the Mustang is a PITA and would like to improve it but, for warranty reason, do not want to tune, yet. The GT has approximately 1900 miles and is seldom used.

Pros/cons for either on the Mustang GT would be greatly appreciated.

Great site and many thanks for your input.

And, yes, I'm done many searches but found nothing comparing the two systems.

Which vendors are offering the best deal on the PedalMax with the controller or the SprintBooster?

Thanks.

RJ
Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
best advice would be to put your money towards something else as a modification of electronics with void your warranty. as far as the JMS pedal Max goes lots of people seem to favor that I've never heard of the Sprint Booster being used by anyone on the forum yet. the jms pedalMax and boost max claim not to void your warranty but someone with an EcoBoost not too long ago file the warranty claim and they ended up denying it because of what he had installed. Fords rather specific about not wanting your warranty if you use Ford Racing parts installed by them only, so if you don't want to spend tons of money now on things you might not like from Ford Racing I would just put the money in suspension or cosmetics or maybe an exhaust. if you plan on getting a tune later anyways that would just be a waste of money using something to reduce pedal leg as most tuners can adjust it in your tune.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
best advice would be to put your money towards something else as a modification of electronics with void your warranty. as far as the JMS pedal Max goes lots of people seem to favor that I've never heard of the Sprint Booster being used by anyone on the forum yet. the jms pedalMax and boost max claim not to void your warranty but someone with an EcoBoost not too long ago file the warranty claim and they ended up denying it because of what he had installed. Fords rather specific about not wanting your warranty if you use Ford Racing parts installed by them only, so if you don't want to spend tons of money now on things you might not like from Ford Racing I would just put the money in suspension or cosmetics or maybe an exhaust. if you plan on getting a tune later anyways that would just be a waste of money using something to reduce pedal leg as most tuners can adjust it in your tune.
That specific Ford Ecoboost had a boostmax not pedal max! That specific device altered the boost on the turbo and voltage on the fuel pump if i m not mistaken! Pedal max only adjusts throttle response and won't void warranty!

You can always take it off or use the knob to turn it off if you are going for warranty work! I have it on my car and its amazing! No lag on the throttle and the throttle body opens a lot faster making the car even more fun to drive! I havent heard of the other brands but pedal max is totally worth it! If you dont want to void your warranty my advice is pedal max with steeda no tune intake plus a catback exhaust system! :thumbsup:

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
He had both the Boost and Pedalmax

The boostmax caused the engine to fail, he didn't tune it with the added boost to the car lol

Sprint and Pedalmax are probably going to be the same thing

I have the Pedalmax and I honestly can't imagine not having it. It's a must and love it!!

If you go in for warranty work, take it off, there is no sign or trace left behind!

The time to buy is today...Lethalperformance has a sale on it today, create an account, put "JMS" coupon code and you get like $40 off. Last day to get that deal.

Dwlow09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT manual 301A, with black package. 2014Cadillac XTS
can somebody how hard or easy it is to install the pedalmax on a 15 mustang gt. is there wire to run under hood or just plug it in.

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
It just plugs between the wire harness to the gas pedal in line; takes 2-3 min to unplug and take out.

the only issue I can foresee is if you break down somewhere and tow the car to the dealership forgetting to take it out. Otherwise you pop it out when you take the csr in no biggie.

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
yep, that thread is best threat out there on the pedal max,

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I would get a tune and not waste my time.

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
This information is key.
PedalMax Sheet.jpg

Sponsored

MagneticGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
American Muscle sells both the Pedalmax and Sprint Booster. However, the Sprint Booster is more compact, even easier to install, and comes with the control (and it doesn't look like a knob off a stereo from the 70s). If they have essentially the same effect, why not go with the Sprint Booster? Is the Pedalmax more responsive? :shrug:

Also, what do either of these devices do above and beyond the existing Sport+ drive mode?

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Neither. Put your foot down more. The normal mode driver demand table is already slightly positively exponential (non-linear) as it is.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
best advice would be to put your money towards something else as a modification of electronics with void your warranty. as far as the JMS pedal Max goes lots of people seem to favor that I've never heard of the Sprint Booster being used by anyone on the forum yet. the jms pedalMax and boost max claim not to void your warranty but someone with an EcoBoost not too long ago file the warranty claim and they ended up denying it because of what he had installed. If you plan on getting a tune later anyways that would just be a waste of money using something to reduce pedal leg as most tuners can adjust it in your tune.
The boost max is a piggyback only for the ecoboost that increases turbo boost. I could see that voiding the warranty, as it increases boost only relying on the ecu as the safe guard.
The pedalmax or sprint booster increase the electric signal to the throttle only, not effecting anything else in ANY way (ecu, fuel, timing..). It doesn't actually increase performance. No different than running an axleback really and if moved, no trace it was ever there.

I had the pedalmax on my last 14' mustang GT auto and here are my thoughts:
It makes the car noticeably more responsive, especially on throttle tip-in. Downshifts are easier with less throttle input(obviously).
I had a couple different tunes as well on my 2014 and the pedalmax increased the throttle tip-in response a lot more than the tune ever did. The pedal max compliments the tune nicely. Overall the pedalmax makes the car feel more alive. The car will still feel a bit lazy doing pulls in the higher gears starting at lower rpms as that's the nature of the Coyote motor. If you want to fix that, get a blower or trade car in for a scatpack or new crapmaro SS:)

Last edited:

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
I have the sprint booster on my 14 GT and like it a lot. The throttle feels a lot more responsive. I left mine on 100% and took off the adjustment cord. I have not used the pedal max but I imagine from what I read that it does the same thing.

Wayne