Sponsored

Jmeo's "Take 2" 2017 Auto Build

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
Well I was never happy with the driveline NVH I was getting after the modifications I made to the suspension but what sealed the deal for me was putting a Whipple on my F150. I found myself enjoying driving it more than my Mustang. I figured if a Whippled automatic F150 is this amazing I can only imagine how great a Whippled automatic Mustang would be.

This is my 14 or 15'th mustang and I never thought I'd ever want an automatic but boy was I wrong. Don't get me wrong I did enjoy my 15 and all the others over the years but I'm amazed with how much I love this car.
Congrats on your new purchase. I bought a 2015 GT/PP and got talked into it by a good friend with an 2009 Shelby. I said...if you get a Mustang...you have to get a stick!

Well I absolutely hated it from day one. It wasn't to car, it was just that living in the CA/ Bay area, the traffic just took all the joy out of driving it...rowing through the gears, over and over got old in a hurry.

After 6,000 miles, I sold it back to the dealer and order built a 2016 GT auto.
I absolutely love it and have never looked back.

I haven't done the Whipple yet but can't wait to see your new build with the auto. Although, I have 3:55's, I hope it doesn't end up an issue.
Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I'm curious about your spoiler choice: why did you go with the steeda q spoiler over the gt350 track pack spoiler? Yea, the design is a little bit different, but accomplishes the same look, IMO. I'm just wondering, since you already have a stock spoiler, you already have the holes (for security and aligment), and the track pack spoiler already comes finished gloss black.

Not criticizing, but just wondering if it's something you considered?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I would agree Jaime that an Auto PP is probably coming soon. They did it on the 50th Annv. cars so.... Now i wonder if they will stick with the paddle shifters if they have a 10 speed auto. That's a lot of shifting! Either way, your car looks killer and I bet it is a blast to drive. I'm glad you're enjoying it! Looking forward to seeing more of the build.
Thank you and I think you bring up a good point about paddles on a 10 speed. I can't see them deleting them but that will be a lot of shifting, especially down low where the gears are close together.

Looking good my friend :cheers:
Thanks Dennis :cheers:

Especially love the Forgestars.
Thanks I'm really loving them more and more. The offset is spot on compared to my last wheels.

What a great start to this build. I've really got to take the trip up there to see this thing in person.
Definitely, let's make it happen :cheers:

Congrats on your new purchase. I bought a 2015 GT/PP and got talked into it by a good friend with an 2009 Shelby. I said...if you get a Mustang...you have to get a stick!

Well I absolutely hated it from day one. It wasn't to car, it was just that living in the CA/ Bay area, the traffic just took all the joy out of driving it...rowing through the gears, over and over got old in a hurry.

After 6,000 miles, I sold it back to the dealer and order built a 2016 GT auto.
I absolutely love it and have never looked back.

I haven't done the Whipple yet but can't wait to see your new build with the auto. Although, I have 3:55's, I hope it doesn't end up an issue.
Nice to know I'm not the only one making the swap lol.

I went back and forth about the gears but if your not a track/strip guy the only thing I see happening is it'll be easier to loose traction with the 3.55. It's pretty easy now to just buy a brand new diff with 3.15 if you ever decide. I can set you up with one via a good friend of mine, it's about $700 but you can flip your 3.55 to offset the cost and with the Whipple tune it's stupid easy to change the gear size in the BCM. One of the MANY good reasons for staying with the Whipple tune but even if you didn't want to they have a fairly cheap device for changing gear and tire size for people who go elsewhere for their tune.

I'm curious about your spoiler choice: why did you go with the steeda q spoiler over the gt350 track pack spoiler? Yea, the design is a little bit different, but accomplishes the same look, IMO. I'm just wondering, since you already have a stock spoiler, you already have the holes (for security and aligment), and the track pack spoiler already comes finished gloss black.

Not criticizing, but just wondering if it's something you considered?
Good question, the main reason was because initially I was getting a car without a stock spoiler. I ordered it and had it painted before I decided to add the black accent package which adds a spoiler.

Another reason and probably the biggest deciding factor is I really like the Steeda Q better, I think it has better lines and is a little more aggressive without looking massive.

For me the price was negligible becuse I didn't have to pay for painting. The only downside here would be waiting for it to be done but since I ordered the car I had nothing but time anyway.

Installing it was the only time I considered swapping to the GT350 version and simply for alignment, the mounting itself was pretty easy.

Lastly this time I wanted to keep as many GT350 parts off my car as I could. I had the GT350 steering wheel, shifter knob, valance & exhaust, valance under belly, splash guards, immatation wheels (MRR M350) and howler coyote badges with FFRP blank deck lid and I started to feel like I was impersonating one and that was never my intention. This car will only have the steering wheel and a front howler coyote badge.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
LOVE IT!!
Love the rear spoiler and those tires are super wide! :thumbsup:

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Lastly this time I wanted to keep as many GT350 parts off my car as I could. I had the GT350 steering wheel, shifter knob, valance & exhaust, valance under belly, splash guards, immatation wheels (MRR M350) and howler coyote badges with FFRP blank deck lid and I started to feel like I was impersonating one and that was never my intention. This car will only have the steering wheel and a front howler coyote badge.
Yea, I can understand that. I had bought the howler badge myself, but opted to not use it because I didn't want the car be mistaken for a gt350. So I totally understand the reasoning. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Today I installed my new DSS Carbon Fiber driveshaft and took her up to 100 mph and had zero NVH :thumbsup:

I tried Shaftmaster aluminum, DSS aluminum and DSS carbon fiber on my last car and each time I ended up switching back to stock because of driveline clunking but not this time :headbang:

I did notice the stock driveshaft bolts to the transmission tail shaft directly and doesn't use the big rubber doohickey the manual does. I imagine this is because the auto driveline is much kinder and this explains why the DSS went on without any increase in NVH.

I'm not gonna lie, I wish this driveshaft was a one piece design like the new Shaftmaster shaft that was just released. It would be nice not needing adapters.

1_zpsdg6fkdfh.jpg

Last edited:

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Where did you get the automatic shift knob? Never seen one before.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you get the automatic shift knob? Never seen one before.
It's from White Madness Garage, there is a thread here on the forums about it. Very nice shifter and lots of options as far as colors.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Kinda in a holding pattern waiting to install the suspension so I got a a few little things done today. Nothing special but I made a mount for my wallet badge and finally decided on a cell phone mount.

2_zpsbtag9p1n.jpg

1_zpsjca04vdz.jpg

I also used the Forscan program to turn off the double honk and adjust the tire size in the calibration for the 325/30/19 tires.

Last edited:

stealthfrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 raptor, 99 corvette, 2015 PP mustang gt
looks good, going to be a fun project come winter.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
looks good, going to be a fun project come winter.
Thanks Jon, yes it will. Can't wait to get those amazing calipers you helped me with installed :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, busy day today. Got my Steeda LCA bearings and Ford Racing Knuckle bearings pressed in, KW rear spring & shock with Steeda's new Billet Shock mount for KW's installed, Steeda subframe centering sleeves, Steeda Subframe bushing inserts, RotorPro drilled & slotted rotors and started installing the powder coated rear calipers. Long day, those knuckle bearings suck!

3_zpsx0rafdv3.jpg

4_zpspdc8rlwn.jpg

2_zpsnufxnocr.jpg

1_zpsz1xyhfhy.jpg

5_zpseljvfkh5.jpg

7_zps8afoalax.jpg

8_zpsmpixnjf2.jpg

6_zpsxm50qzce.jpg

Last edited:

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Coming together nicely Jaime :cheers:

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Looking good Jaime. Hope to see ya Sunday. :thumbsup:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Awesome stuff as usual Jaime. Always enjoy reading your updates/posts.
Hopefully I can make it Sunday! :thumbsup:
Sponsored