Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
What made you sell the 2015?
Well I was never happy with the driveline NVH I was getting after the modifications I made to the suspension but what sealed the deal for me was putting a Whipple on my F150. I found myself enjoying driving it more than my Mustang. I figured if a Whippled automatic F150 is this amazing I can only imagine how great a Whippled automatic Mustang would be.

This is my 14 or 15'th mustang and I never thought I'd ever want an automatic but boy was I wrong. Don't get me wrong I did enjoy my 15 and all the others over the years but I'm amazed with how much I love this car.
Sponsored

Afdyce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT auto
Love the auto shifter, I have one on order from White Madness at the moment and can't wait to get it.

I recommend the CJ Pony parts paddle shift extenders at $99.99. I have them on my GT350 wheel and I love them! They are metal so they make the paddles feel much better and more positive, just nicer to use. Very nicely made and an easy fit with 3M double sided automotive tape (the tape is not included). Out of town I use Sport manual nearly all the time.
Build is looking good!

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
That shifter looks killer. Makes you do a double take if it's an auto or manual.
Have you played with the shift paddles yet Jaime? Curious as to your thoughts on those.
I thought hard about getting an automatic as well. I test drove an auto before purchasing mine and the thing I loved the most was having it in race mode and the way it blipped the throttle for you when downshifting using the paddle shifters. Very nice. Around town I still think about having an auto. I just couldn't pass up everything you get for $2,300 in the performance pack. Damn I wish Ford would make the PP available with the auto trans! :shrug:

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
If I was making my decision today I'd sell the mid muff but I'm waiting till after I install the headers and Whipple to decide. It's my back up in case it gets crazy loud or drones.
Good call. When I added the long tubes I had to tone it down from "the neighbors have burning stakes and pitch forks" to "the neighbors dislike cold starts" and went from the FRPP Sport to FPPP Touring and could still use a little less. :headbang:

Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Thank you!

I have a little and its pretty cool. Its a whole new world for me but I'm loving the change. Right now I'm trying to find what setting I should be using. I've got "S" mode on the shifter, Sport mode, sport + mode, track mode. Once I figure this all out I'll play more with the paddles.

Honestly only because I don't like how the plastic looks on either side of the boot. The (PRNDS) indicators don't even show you what position the shifter is in, thats all on the center display so its pretty worthless anyway. I'm not trying to look like a manual, I just like the look better. I would even use this boot with the stock shifter but I feel its the new shifter that makes it look like a manual the most. Unfortunately there are very few options for auto knobs but this knob is sooooo much better than the factory one and I love it. I did this for me and I'm not worried about looking like a "poser" and I say if you like it just do it :thumbsup:

Easily the best decision I have ever made. I am so in love with this car its not even funny. This thing feels so good I even thought about NOT installing the Whipple. Well, for a second anyway because that would be plain crazy :crazy:

If I was making my decision today I'd sell the mid muff but I'm waiting till after I install the headers and Whipple to decide. It's my back up incase it gets crazy loud or drones.

I drive with the shifter in "S" and toggle on Sport+. If I feel like getting more "sporty" I switch to track and use the paddles. With that Whipple tune on there I'm not sure what, if anything, the toggles will matter. I'm sure when you tell Whipple that your an A6 now they will adjust the shifts and shift points. If I had the Whipple I'd probably just put it in "S" and be on my way. Can't wait to hop in next year sir. :headbang:

Joshg120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Love the new project, congrats it's coming along nicely. I'm going to be very tempted to trade up on an '18 with the 10 speed auto...

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I thought hard about getting an automatic as well. I test drove an auto before purchasing mine and the thing I loved the most was having it in race mode and the way it blipped the throttle for you when downshifting using the paddle shifters. Very nice. Around town I still think about having an auto. I just couldn't pass up everything you get for $2,300 in the performance pack. Damn I wish Ford would make the PP available with the auto trans! :shrug:
Same here Chris. I'm thinking my next one will be an automatic as well.
That's pretty awesome about the downshift blips when using paddle shifters in RACE mode. Making me really want one now. lol :doh: :headbonk: I agree with you about the PP stuff being available for automatics. That should be an option.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Love the auto shifter, I have one on order from White Madness at the moment and can't wait to get it.

I recommend the CJ Pony parts paddle shift extenders at $99.99. I have them on my GT350 wheel and I love them! They are metal so they make the paddles feel much better and more positive, just nicer to use. Very nicely made and an easy fit with 3M double sided automotive tape (the tape is not included). Out of town I use Sport manual nearly all the time.
Build is looking good!
Very nice, I think your gonna like it. Its very comfortable and works as good as stock. I will definitely check them out thanks for the info :thumbsup:

That new shifter set up is slick. Looks great
That you :)

It rev matches (blips) in all mods besides "drive" and its awesome. I can understand the PP thing as I had it on my last car for the same reason. What helped my decision is I ended up changing almost everything from PP to aftermarket anyway lol. Only things I'll be missing is the Brembo, Torsen and PP gauges. Fort me I don't "need" the Brembo's and i really like having a spare for all the long trips the wife and I take. The Torsen is a little noisier and I will never track the car anyway. The only miss for me is the look of the PP gauges. I have a nice boost gauge setup for when I install the Whipple so that'll do i think. Either way both manual and autos are great :thumbsup:

Good call. When I added the long tubes I had to tone it down from "the neighbors have burning stakes and pitch forks" to "the neighbors dislike cold starts" and went from the FRPP Sport to FPPP Touring and could still use a little less. :headbang:
Lol, I hear ya. This Roush active exhaust is actually pretty efficient at quieting down things but the reaL test will be when the headers are in.

I drive with the shifter in "S" and toggle on Sport+. If I feel like getting more "sporty" I switch to track and use the paddles. With that Whipple tune on there I'm not sure what, if anything, the toggles will matter. I'm sure when you tell Whipple that your an A6 now they will adjust the shifts and shift points. If I had the Whipple I'd probably just put it in "S" and be on my way. Can't wait to hop in next year sir. :headbang:
Thanks for the info and yes I have heard the shift points are changed in the Whipple tune so thats good.

Love the new project, congrats it's coming along nicely. I'm going to be very tempted to trade up on an '18 with the 10 speed auto...
Thank you! I debated waiting for the 10 speed but didn't want to risk things changing to the point my parts and plans wouldn't work on the 2018 and I would have to wait for new parts to arrive.

Same here Chris. I'm thinking my next one will be an automatic as well.
That's pretty awesome about the downshift blips when using paddle shifters in RACE mode. Making me really want one now. lol :doh: :headbonk: I agree with you about the PP stuff being available for automatics. That should be an option.
I have a feeling and auto with PP is coming soon to a dealer near you :ford:

3 pedals LOL
Pretty much lol :headbonk:

Sponsored

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
I would agree Jaime that an Auto PP is probably coming soon. They did it on the 50th Annv. cars so.... Now i wonder if they will stick with the paddle shifters if they have a 10 speed auto. That's a lot of shifting! Either way, your car looks killer and I bet it is a blast to drive. I'm glad you're enjoying it! Looking forward to seeing more of the build.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got my Steeda Q spoiler installed today :headbang: Glad I did it so soon because the stock spoiler popped right off and all the 3M tape stayed on the spoiler making this the easiest removal I have ever done lol.

I only have two complaints about this spoiler. One, it only comes flat black so if you want any other color it'll cost ya. Luckily for me my neighbor manages a auto body shop at a dealer and hooked me up :clap2: Two, it is 100% stick on. It uses a 1/4" 3M tape around the border and comes with a tube of 3M adhesive that is applied right next to the 3M tape. This makes perfect placement a real chore :headbonk:

1_zpslw8zsbuw.jpg

2_zpsiky1jwe0.jpg

3_zps7xe2uzr8.jpg

4_zpspuvkf1rg.jpg

5_zpso9swmxqs.jpg

6_zpsg1ivgja2.jpg

7_zps4cstfwxa.jpg

Also got my 2016 gloss black heat extractors in and love the way they look with the black hood. I'll wire up the blinkers over the winter when I remove the front end.

8_zpsogsdtegj.jpg

Stupid simple but I also installed my SpaceCity trunk closing pull strap :)

9_zpsirh0nohb.jpg

Last edited:

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Looking good my friend :cheers:

D.Brown

Save the Manuels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
15' GT
What a great start to this build. I've really got to take the trip up there to see this thing in person.
Sponsored