Jmeo's 2015 PP Premium Magnetic GT Build

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Thanks Todd I appreciate you getting me one :thumbsup: I'll be watching your thread as well to keep me busy till I can start a new one!
You bet buddy:thumbsup:

I am finally having a photoshoot of my car on Sunday after caffeine and octane. This means, I will have some awesome pictures to share.
Sponsored

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
More goodies just arrived
OEM GT350 "absolute black" mirror caps
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457138636.750233.jpg
Do you have the partnumbers for the mirror covers? or where can i get a set?

Cheers
Stan

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Got my GT350 rear under belly installed :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458667407.300235.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458667421.450132.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458667432.050364.jpg
Looking good, Can't wait to install my GT350 rear section with the catback exhaust and i still need to get that under belly section :)
How are you finding the rear section? any improvements on handeling?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the partnumbers for the mirror covers? or where can i get a set?

Cheers

I don't have part numbers anymore as they didn't fit and I sold then.

Stan
Looking good, Can't wait to install my GT350 rear section with the catback exhaust and i still need to get that under belly section :)
How are you finding the rear section? any improvements on handeling?
Not sure if you read my post of yesterday but I returned my car to stock to trade in. I sold my GT350 valance setup to a friend. I noticed no difference other than the sound of the exhaust.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Looking forward to the new car and build Jaime!
Good luck sir. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Wow, your car was absolutely gorgeous! I just read the whole build thread and especially liked your custom grill. Isn't it funny how the little details can make such a difference? Maybe I missed it, but why did you decide to go to the newer automatic? Because of the Whipple? I can say I drove both before buying mine and I might have went with the auto if it came with the PP. Something about the paddle shifters and the blip of the throttle went it down shifted made me think I might not miss the stick. Just wondering... either way, I'm really looking forward to your next build.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, your car was absolutely gorgeous! I just read the whole build thread and especially liked your custom grill. Isn't it funny how the little details can make such a difference? Maybe I missed it, but why did you decide to go to the newer automatic? Because of the Whipple? I can say I drove both before buying mine and I might have went with the auto if it came with the PP. Something about the paddle shifters and the blip of the throttle went it down shifted made me think I might not miss the stick. Just wondering... either way, I'm really looking forward to your next build.
Thank you very much!

If I had to pick one definitive reason I would say yes, because of the Whipple. I put a 2.9 Whipple on my 15'F150 last year and I can honestly say I prefer driving it over my mustang and that just shouldn't be lol. The auto makes the Whipple just that much funner for me and ever since I did it all I can think about is how great it would be in the car that can actually handle it. My truck is way more powerful than it should be lol.

Also, my wife is scared to death to drive it but more because it's a manual. She's petrified of accidentally dumping the clutch and ending up three lanes across the street lol. But what really made the final decision was being stuck in NY City traffic for 2.5 hours to travel 25 miles and ALL of it on an incline!

Looking forward to starting over with an auto that's for sure. Yes, it's a shame the PP isn't an option but I have purchased all the bracing from the PP and really that's what matters to me. The brakes on the non PP are pretty dam amazing as they are and since I don't track I really don't need the Brembo's anyway. The Torsen is great but honestly I won't miss it. I already picked up a Mishimoto radiator which flows way more than the PP radiator. I have a nice new set of black wheels for it and don't need the PP ones. The only thing I'll miss is the gauges, not because they are of great quality but because I love the way they look as opposed to the 3 vents.

Anyway, stay tuned if your interested because I'm gonna do a few things differently this time :)

Jaime

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Jaime, That's what I figured - in traffic the stick can get old fast! lol Maybe back when I was younger, but after driving for 35 years, I agree the auto is much easier. There are times when I am really glad I went with the 6spd and then times, (traffic or just feeling lazy) that I wish I had the auto. I bet your F150 is a handful when you get into the boost. The big thing for me on the PP was the brakes. I drove both and really liked the Brembos compared to the others. Funny, but I didn't like how soft the regular non-PP suspension was and the body roll was not ideal, but now I have replaced the springs and installed IRS support braces and a k member brace anyway, with sway bars and more to come. Go figure! I just thought everything you get for $2,300 was a steal so why not. I'm sure you will make your new 'stang even more amazing than the '15 and if nothing else, you'll have fun doing it! By the way, part of my auto/stick decision might have been that my wife does NOT know how to drive a stick...lol!

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jaime, That's what I figured - in traffic the stick can get old fast! lol Maybe back when I was younger, but after driving for 35 years, I agree the auto is much easier. There are times when I am really glad I went with the 6spd and then times, (traffic or just feeling lazy) that I wish I had the auto. I bet your F150 is a handful when you get into the boost. The big thing for me on the PP was the brakes. I drove both and really liked the Brembos compared to the others. Funny, but I didn't like how soft the regular non-PP suspension was and the body roll was not ideal, but now I have replaced the springs and installed IRS support braces and a k member brace anyway, with sway bars and more to come. Go figure! I just thought everything you get for $2,300 was a steal so why not. I'm sure you will make your new 'stang even more amazing than the '15 and if nothing else, you'll have fun doing it! By the way, part of my auto/stick decision might have been that my wife does NOT know how to drive a stick...lol!

Lol, I can understand the wife thing. My wife wouldn't wanna take the car on her own somewhere but sometimes when we are on a trip together, like stuck in traffic, it will be nice to have the option to let her drive.

I totally agree and thing the PP is a great value for what you get and the car does drive night and day better than the non PP. But, only if you are going to leave it stock. I ended up changing 100% of the suspension anyway lol. The only things I was left with from that PP were the Brembo's, the Torsen, the radiator and the gauges and as I mentioned I have a better radiator to put in and wont miss the Torsen. The Brembo's and gauges will be missed the most but I'm sure once I brace the car up and change the suspension to better than PP the breaking will also feel better even before I swap the pads for better ones.

I'm not at all saying anything negative about the PP as I also paid for the option, I just believe a non PP will feel the same as a PP once all the same things are done to it. Stock for stock there is no comparison but as even you know the only thing kept was the Brembo's lol.

I'm and old bugger myself clocking in at 45 birthdays so the auto is gonna be welcomed lol. Also, they are not like they used to be. I remember picking up a 90' GT auto after having 3 different Fox body manuals and being surprised how horrible it was compared to the manual. Now the auto is better in every way except enjoyment of rowing through the gears with a manual.

Anyway, take care my friend :)