Jmeo's "Take 2" 2017 Auto Build

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Awesome stuff as usual Jaime. Always enjoy reading your updates/posts.
Hopefully I can make it Sunday! :thumbsup:
Looking forward to meeting some more locals. Marcus (Terminated) should be coming down also. I haven't seen "Anna" since he upgraded to the Anderson GT350 fenders. And looking forward to seeing Jamie's transformation. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until next year for the Whipple experience. :(
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Looking forward to meeting some more locals. Marcus (Terminated) should be coming down also. I haven't seen "Anna" since he upgraded to the Anderson GT350 fenders. And looking forward to seeing Jamie's transformation. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until next year for the Whipple experience. :(
Very cool.
I am going to try to make it. I have a previous engagement. Very nice of Jaime to invite me. Would love to go, meet everyone and check out some awesome S550 Mustangs.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Coming together nicely Jaime :cheers:
Thanks Dennis :D

Looking good Jaime. Hope to see ya Sunday. :thumbsup:
I'll be there so hopefully you guys come I'm really excited. Hoping Marcus will bring his camera and take some of his amazing photos.

Awesome stuff as usual Jaime. Always enjoy reading your updates/posts.
Hopefully I can make it Sunday! :thumbsup:
Thanks bud, looking forward to meeting you and your car

Look at it this way, when you pull the trigger all the kinks will be worked out :thumbsup:

Very cool.
I am going to try to make it. I have a previous engagement. Very nice of Jaime to invite me. Would love to go, meet everyone and check out some awesome S550 Mustangs.
Hell yah :clap2:

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Rear suspension is all done so I moved on to the front today and installed the Ford Racing front lower control arms. They were stupid easy to install. The only difference in the front one is the addition of the wind deflectors which direct the wind towards the front brakes for cooling. The rear arms use a bearing as opposed to a bushing.

Started installing the front Whiteline Swaybar and ran out of time for today. Will hit it hard tomorrow and try to get the rest of the front done. I would like to get the car on the ground for Sunday when a few members are coming over for a meet :headbang:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Suspension is pretty close to done. Finished installing the front Ford Performance lower control arms, Whiteline swaybar & end links, KW V3's, Power Stop ceramic/carbon pads, Steeda Bumpsteer, Steeda stainless brake lines and powder coated calipers.

Initially I set the KW's to the Roush settings but this proved WAY to low so I brought both the front & rear up to the highest setting listed in the supplied manual. To get a little rake I then dropped the fronts 2 turns and I am now very happy with the outcome. I have had Steeda springs with PP shocks, Steeda springs with FFRP shocks and BMR springs with FFRP shocks and this is kit rides and handles so much better.

No offense to any one spring or dampener, I just have come to realize having a setup where height, compression and rebound are customizable is where its at. I am now officially a believer of coilovers :headbang:

I didn't do bumpsteer on my last car but I decided to this time and I am glad I did. Big difference in steering wheel input on New England roads and I highly recommend them. This is the seconds car I've used Steeda Bumpsteer on and each time I just used the provided spacers to align the LCA and the Tie rod at the same angle and have had good success without doing all the setup thats mentioned in the directions. I am sure they are there for a reason but Im happy with the adjustment I just mentioned.

Whiteline Vs stock

Comparing these Whiteline sways to the Steeda's I had on my last car I would say I like how the Steeda's have the bushing stops welded in place. This is a way better idea than the compression stops that the Whitelines come with. They we're a breeze in the rear but I had to measure and clamp them on before sliding the front sway in place. Ask me now I now know :frusty:

I will say I love the fact that the bushings on the Whitelines are a dry type like OEM. This makes the install way cleaner and I like how I do not have to worry about having to re-grease them or collecting all that road crap and brake dust all over them lol.

I also have to give Whiteline a shout out on their end links. They not only look great but they seem way nicer than the ones I had before.

KW Vs stock

FFRP LCA's & Steeda Bumpsteer.

KW"s, Rotor Pro drilled & slotted rotors, PowerStop pads and powder coated calipers in place all nice nice.

Steeda stainless lines and Whiteline goodies

Buttoned up

Some crappy cell phone pics. Man I need to look into a nice camera and figure out how to use one and edit :frusty:

I just want to note that I have a little more wheel gap than I otherwise would of have had if I stayed with 35 series tires.

Front Rear
Stock PP: 255/40/19 = 27.0" / 275/40/19 = 27.7"
My MPSS: 275/35/19 = 26.6" / 325/30/19 = 26.7"

So all thats left now that I'm done messing with the rear subframe is to install my Steeda Subframe braces, Steeda Driveshaft loop and get me a front brace like Steeda's K brace that works with my Kooks headers.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Loving all the pics! I've got a Paxton kit sitting in my garage ready for install this Xmas. Mine is also 6r80, and am enjoying reading your build :)

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Looks killer Jaime! What a build so far.
Coilovers are hard to beat for adjustable height and comfort. Can't be beat. That looks like the Target I shop at. IT IS!!!!! lol :D

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Loving all the pics! I've got a Paxton kit sitting in my garage ready for install this Xmas. Mine is also 6r80, and am enjoying reading your build :)
Thabks Tim! I really enjoy this and it definitely makes it even more worth it when someone appreciates what has been done.

I follow your build and saw your picture of it being delivered congratulations my friend :cheers: I'll be installing my Whipple just after Christmas so we will be following each others progress lol. I'm hoping to get the OPG and TS in next month before I start the Whipple.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks killer Jaime! What a build so far.
Coilovers are hard to beat for adjustable height and comfort. Can't be beat. That looks like the Target I shop at. IT IS!!!!! lol :D

Thanks my friend! If you shop in my town then yes it it! Ain't gonna lie that's pretty bad that we haven't met up yet :shrug:

Let's make it happen

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Thanks my friend! If you shop in my town then yes it it! Ain't gonna lie that's pretty bad that we haven't met up yet :shrug:

Let's make it happen
You're welcome!
I know. Always doing something on the weekends. I'll see what I can do this Sunday Jaime. :)

Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
You're going to have to put that back on the lift so Marcus and I can look at all those shiny new parts. :D
Looking good sir.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You're going to have to put that back on the lift so Marcus and I can look at all those shiny new parts. :D
Looking good sir.:thumbsup:
Thanks bud and I will have to put them all up one at a time so we can google at each others underparts :love: :eyebulge: :D

Last edited:

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I'm a virgin under there compared to you. :love::lol:

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Took advantage of some time today to install my Steeda Subframe Braces. I purposely waited to install these last after I was completely done with the rear suspension due to them sometimes being a pain in the ass to align up. The height adjustment of the rear KW's needs the subframe to be lowered so I needed to make sure I was happy with the height. Luckily it only took 2 shots to dial it in.

I ended up having to loosen the freaking subframe bolts again to get them on. Two different cars and I had the same passengers side issue on both of them lol.

The rear is finished and man those tires are wide!

I also made some adjustments to my rebound and compression and I think I hit a home run with the settings. I have never had a car ride this good, handle this good all while being this low. Just wow!

While test driving and doing a few errands I couldn't resist taking these pictures even with only my iPhone.

My new camber plates deliver tomorrow so this week I can be 100% done with the suspension. The fronts are at -2.25 so I need plates to get to the -1.75 I'm looking for. Good thing I purchased a lifetime alignment lol.

Last edited:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Man,.......your car looks so killer Jaime! Love it.
Love the look of the wheels/tires/brakes and how they all tie in together. Awesome. :thumbsup:
Sponsored