Jmeo's "Take 2" 2017 Auto Build

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Love the build progress my friend and it looks amazing :thumbsup: It's nice to hear your feedback from your first build and this build with some of the changes you've made. Keep up the great work and looking forward to watching the progress :cheers: Be good my friend :cheers:
Sponsored

AvaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
How did you end painting the brakes, G2? If so, any complaints? I know the 4 Pistons have a bit of texture to them, I'm worried it wont turn out well.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
How did you end painting the brakes, G2? If so, any complaints? I know the 4 Pistons have a bit of texture to them, I'm worried it wont turn out well.
Disassembled, powder coated and re assembled. I have never used G2 but quite a few people with good success. I am a big fan of powder coating though. A buddy of mine hooked me up as he has a really good powder coater fairly close to him so he did all the work for me.

AvaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Disassembled, powder coated and re assembled. I have never used G2 but quite a few people with good success. I am a big fan of powder coating though. A buddy of mine hooked me up as he has a really good powder coater fairly close to him so he did all the work for me.
Oh that's good on you then. If I had to pay for powder coating Id probably just get the 6 piston Brembos for the $1000. I wanted to do mine red with white lettering. And since they're not Brembos, I'd have to put Mustang lol

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Man,.......your car looks so killer Jaime! Love it.
Love the look of the wheels/tires/brakes and how they all tie in together. Awesome. :thumbsup:
Thanks Tony I appreciate it. I really wanted to make the rotors and calipers pop to break up the black wheel thing. Someday we will see each others cars :headbang:

Love the build progress my friend and it looks amazing :thumbsup: It's nice to hear your feedback from your first build and this build with some of the changes you've made. Keep up the great work and looking forward to watching the progress :cheers: Be good my friend :cheers:
Thaks Dennis! I learned a lot with my last car and this time I put what I liked in this car while keeping out what I didn't. Not a lot of parts carried over other than the soon to be installed Whipple and headers. The only things suspension/driveline wise I carried over are the Steeda centering sleeves, subframe inserts and subframe braces otherwise all other parts are new and/or different brand. The whole hindsight is 20/20 kinda thing lol. But again I thank you for your kind words :thumbsup:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh that's good on you then. If I had to pay for powder coating Id probably just get the 6 piston Brembos for the $1000. I wanted to do mine red with white lettering. And since they're not Brembos, I'd have to put Mustang lol

You'd be surprised how inexpensive it can be.... if you find a good place. The powder coating was right around $200 and then it's only your labor to disassemble and assemble them. My buddy did them for me otherwise I would have, it's not exactly easy but it isn't hard either just takes patience and a few hours.

Last edited:

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
If you have a base GT, they're still brembo brakes; just not the 6 piston ones.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If you have a base GT, they're still brembo brakes; just not the 6 piston ones.
Not quite. They're made by Continental. They're good brakes though.

stealthfrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 raptor, 99 corvette, 2015 PP mustang gt
looking good, don't go to fast... wont have any projects for the winter lol.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Thanks Tony I appreciate it. I really wanted to make the rotors and calipers pop to break up the black wheel thing. Someday we will see each others cars :headbang:
You're welcome bro.
Well you did it, I think it looks killer. Good job.

Yes, we will hang out eventually. I'm not going anywhere and we're not that far from each other. (I got your cell number in my phone now too. Thanks.)
We need to photoshoot all the Mustangs together someday, maybe when it gets warmer! :headbang:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
looking good, don't go to fast... wont have any projects for the winter lol.
Your absolutely right. I'm trying like hell to spread it out but it's my favorite thing to do and it's my happy place lol.

You're welcome bro.
Well you did it, I think it looks killer. Good job.

Yes, we will hang out eventually. I'm not going anywhere and we're not that far from each other. (I got your cell number in my phone now too. Thanks.)
We need to photoshoot all the Mustangs together someday, maybe when it gets warmer! :headbang:
Thanks man! Yes hopefully Marcus will come to our neck of the woods and make that happen :headbang:

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! The family and I will celebrate tomorrow since I worked a 24 at the firehouse. The guys and I cooked a turkey and as nice as it was it doesn't compare to your own food and family :amen:

As much as I tried not to, I spent too much on Black Friday goodies lol. One of them won't even ship till the end of next week, hopefully. Cant wait for everting to get here.

Incase you guys didn't notice, I have a problem :doh:

Cheers :cheers:

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
And you're not going to at least give us a hint of what those goodies might be?

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

That's awesome Jaime! Can't wait to see the new goodies.
Happy Thanksgiving bro! :thumbsup: