Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

robw_39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You have the right to your opinion and I have a right to mine Ford always improves Mustang and the biggest improvements always come at the mid cycle refresh. Mustang doesn't need camaro, camaro needs Mustang. Mustang brought camaro to life twice already.

And now comes the same old tired song and dance Mustang needing camaro. :popcorn:
Yeah, the last 2 mid-cycle refreshes for the Mustang came one year after the 2010 Camaro was released and 2 years after the 6gen Camaro... The Camaro and Mustang don't need each other the consumers of both cars need them so we get better products. I for one hope the Camaro sticks around I never understood the hate for other American cars.

BailoutBowtie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KonaKid Chris
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Yeah, the last 2 mid-cycle refreshes for the Mustang came one year after the 2010 Camaro was released and 2 years after the 6gen Camaro... The Camaro and Mustang don't need each other the consumers of both cars need them so we get better products. I for one hope the Camaro sticks around I never understood the hate for other American cars.
When you get burnt by said company, maybe you will understand that there are probably a million reasons LOL .:cheers:

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I can fully understand someone being pissed because of being taken across by one company or another. Trust me, I understand that. I for one am hoping the Camaro can stay around. Competition can be a good thing for the development of both vehicles. The Camaro is a bad ass car, perhaps it helps to keep Ford on its toes to come out with better options, styling, more HP, etc., etc. Hell, I've been more a GM guy than a Ford guy over the years. Right now I have a Chevy, a Ford, and a Dodge at home.

Sponsored

Snagged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra, '17 Corrolla
I absolutely agree. If GM stops making the Camaro then it is us the consumer that loses big time. Make no mistake, competition is one of the reasons why we are seeing these high HP cars nowadays. If Ford didn't have any direct competitors to the Mustang you can bet the current one would be completely different than what is offered now. And different in a bad way. I for sure want the Camaro to stay around.

BailoutBowtie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KonaKid Chris
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Also, the guys at Camaro 6g are panicking. They are frantic and worried about surviving another year. Link to Camaro 6G SALES THREAD
LOL, UltraZLnone is hilarious, him and blackwhole trash the Mustang all the time, it's as if he's treating the camaro/gm as a person LOL.

ULTRAZL1, Don't worry Bro, GM will just go bankrupt again and we the tax payers will gladly bring them back to life. The 2030 Camaro is going to be awesome!! :thumbsup:

BailoutBowtie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KonaKid Chris
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
I absolutely agree. If GM stops making the Camaro then it is us the consumer that loses big time. Make no mistake, competition is one of the reasons why we are seeing these high HP cars nowadays. If Ford didn't have any direct competitors to the Mustang you can bet the current one would be completely different than what is offered now. And different in a bad way. I for sure want the Camaro to stay around.
It is not all Doom and Gloom if the Camaro dies. GM can only thank itself for that. There is competition everywhere and I agree competition breeds innovation as long as the playing field is the same, Just because the Camaro Is its US rival doesn't mean Ford will stop innovating. I remember Gt500's rolling around when no Camaro was alive.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150

Sponsored

BailoutBowtie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KonaKid Chris
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
It is not all Doom and Gloom if the Camaro dies. GM can only thank itself for that. There is competition everywhere and I agree competition breeds innovation as long as the playing field is the same, Just because the Camaro Is its US rival doesn't mean Ford will stop innovating. I remember Gt500's rolling around when no Camaro was alive.
Mach 1 2003 no competition, GT 500 in 2007 no competition, Bullitt in 2008 no competition its to bad Ford doesn't innovate without competition. :lol:

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Mach 1 2003 no competition, GT 500 in 2007 no competition, Bullitt in 2008 no competition its to bad Ford doesn't innovate without competition. :lol:
Now compare that to the progress and advancements ford has made since 2009.

I'll wait.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
It's an interesting human tendency that occurs when one chooses between Mustang or Camaro. They really are two very similar vehicles. It's weird that Mustang owners 'hate' on the Camaro, and vise versa. The Camaro and Mustang really are similar vehicles. The characteristics that made one pick a Camaro or Mustang can be "mostly" achieved by the other. I think the "feelings" come from an insecurity that makes one wonder if they chose the wrong team?

Ford (like most other companies) will make its product only as good as the competition pushes them too. If the Camaro goes away, the Mustang development $$ will dry up. If GM keeps pushing the Camaro to better and better performance...Ford will spend the resources to keep the Mustang competitive. We, as Mustang enthusiasts want the Camaro to live.
Except for being able to see out of the Mustang. :lol:

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I am one of those that doesn't understand the desire to see the Camaro go away. If nothing else, it's nice to have choice, in styling or whatever else. Remember when Ford almost made the FWD Probe the Mustang? If they pull something boneheaded like that again, it might be nice to have another option. I also doubt we'd get a PP2 if it wasn't for the 1LE, so I'm pretty sure competition at least plays SOME role in what Ford does.

Case in point:
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...chmarking-against-2017-camaro-zl1-116567.html
Sponsored