January 2018 Sales

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4
I wouldn't be too gleeful about the possible demise of the Camaro, with the noise coming out of the new CEO of Ford it would not surprise me one bit if the next generation of Mustang also bites the dust.
Yes, he's going to be boring and count beans. However, Mustang is probably Ford's most well known model. The last thing a bean counter does is retire a nameplate that has the highest Q score out of all his cars. He's more likely to abuse the nameplate for sales with a vehicle that either goes challenger style (few changes, which would be OK at this point) or is some cheaply revamped more familyish thing that he thinks will sell more.
Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Yes, he's going to be boring and count beans. However, Mustang is probably Ford's most well known model. The last thing a bean counter does is retire a nameplate that has the highest Q score out of all his cars. He's more likely to abuse the nameplate for sales with a vehicle that either goes challenger style (few changes, which would be OK at this point) or is some cheaply revamped more familyish thing that he thinks will sell more.
I'd actually say the F series trucks come first, and then the Mustang.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Why would you want to see it die? I cannot see anything wrong with having competition in the market place. It isn't like Camaro takes sales away from Mustang. People will buy what they like and competition is a good thing.
Why because of those smug asses who preach camaro is Gods gift to the automotive world, who beat there chest and shoved sales into every ones face when the Mustang revived gen 5 camaro sold more than Mustang. Those same people who now say sales don't mean anything ours is faster. Even with all of chrylers electrical problems I'd still buy a Challenger before I'd buy a camaro or any gm product for that matter.

Last edited:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Why because of those smug asses who preach camaro is Gods gift to the automotive would, who beat there chest and shoved sales into every ones face when the Mustang revived gen 5 camaro sold more than Mustang. Those same people who now say sales don't mean anything ours is faster. Even with all of chrylers electrical problems I'd still buy a Challenger before I'd buy a camaro or any gm product for that matter.
Because it's so hard to just ignore people?... You aren't any better on the other side of things with your attitude. You are a broken record on these for sale threads.

Who knew owning a Ford Mustang could be so serious...:lol::lol:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's an interesting human tendency that occurs when one chooses between Mustang or Camaro. They really are two very similar vehicles. It's weird that Mustang owners 'hate' on the Camaro, and vise versa.
Yes, people like to give each other crap. I used to like the GB Packers until I moved to Minnesota and had to listen to all the grief from the Packers fans.

Generally the Camaro is not a terrible vehicle. If there were no Mustang I might own one. However, there has never been a time when after driving both I picked a Camaro over the Mustang. And I might pick the Challenger over the current version of the Camaro. The Challenger isn't the best at turning corners, but it's a solid car and rides great on the highway. Good visibility and comfort in the Challenger.

Sponsored

SVTSNAKE351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Why because of those smug asses who preach camaro is Gods gift to the automotive would, who beat there chest and shoved sales into every ones face when the Mustang revived gen 5 camaro sold more than Mustang. Those same people who now say sales don't mean anything ours is faster. Even with all of chrylers electrical problems I'd still buy a Challenger before I'd buy a camaro or any gm product for that matter.
I hear what your saying. The under cover chevy lovers don't want to see the Crapmaro go under. What Scrapmaro or Tug boat Challenger inspired the 07 GT500?I think one of the guys from Ford said the Crapmaro was not even looked at when the 2015 mustang came out. After that boom GT350. That FPC motor was being worked on a long time ago.:ford::lol:

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
From gm authority

The Mustang also outsells the Camaro pretty consistently. But, you know, who’s counting?
(Source: GMAuthority)
Was this quote from 2002 or 2018:lol:

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Back in the late '70s and '80s I liked the Camaro much better than the Mustang, and that didn't really change until fourth gen of the Camaro - I just didn't like the looks of that car and it just wasn't comfortable to sit in for me.

If they were reversed, and the current Camaro and Mustang switched name plates (i.e., the Camaro looked and performed like the Mustang and vice-versa), I'd like the Camaro better. I have nothing against the Camaro, the current version is just not a car I'd like to own over the current Mustang.

BailoutBowtie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KonaKid Chris
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Because it's so hard to just ignore people?... You aren't any better on the other side of things with your attitude. You are a broken record on these for sale threads.

Who knew owning a Ford Mustang could be so serious...:lol::lol:
It is serious man, Catch up! This rivalry has gone on since the beginning. Its like US vs Russia, Israel vs Palestine or Cowboys vs Giants... Let people post what they want as long as its within forum rules no? This is a Mustang Forum No? The mustang did just fine when the Camaro met its demise. I hope it happens again by the way as i cant stand GM as a Company. I have my reasoning.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
I do appreciate your opinion. I have been around the automotive block for a long time. My first Mustang was a 1987 GT that I bought new. That car had me hooked and I am now on my 7th one (with a helluva lot of other makes and models in between). I have never owned a Camaro, but have driven one as a rental car a few times. Yes, they were all V6's so I don't have experience with the V8. I found their fit and finish to be good (not on par with Mustang, though) and the V6 performed quite well for what it was. I do love the exterior styling of the latest Camaro. My biggest gripe? I CAN"T SEE OUT OF IT! LOL I love to be able to see out of what I am driving as I am constantly looking around. For this reason alone I would never buy one.

As for their smug owners. Yes, they have their share. But so do Ford, Dodge, BMW, etc. All brands have their nutswingers. Just take them with a grain of salt and enjoy what you have :) .

Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I get the feeling most of you can't grasp what it could mean if GM kills the 7th gen. I'm sure they won't and probably will rethink the whole "I'm only going to listen to 5th gen owners and not make a car thats more livable and appealing on a daily basis like the Mustang".
That would be a switch. GM's problem generation after generation has been that they think they're making a 2+2 sports car when the market really wants what a pony car has always been - and sporty, affordable, personal sports coupe that is practical enough to be a daily driver. And, oh by the way, it can be optioned to provide good performance if you're so inclined.

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT DIB
I was 13 years old when the Playstation 3 came out and I remember how big of a fanboy I was. Any positive thing that Microsoft put out for the Xbox, I would shoot down, because it didn't come from Sony. By the time I was 15, I looked back and thought to myself, "my, what an idiot I was. I didn't get to enjoy other video games that I thought looked awesome, because I was too busy holding loyalty to a brand." Fast forward another decade and I can't believe that I see people that are 20+ years old acting like these companies truly care about them. It's like you have a horse in this race (...). Yes, it's fun to be the fastest, or the most technological, or the best looking, but the bashing gets a little ridiculous. I've been a Mustang fan since I was 6 years old, and it's the only type of car I have ever owned, but those Challengers are some of the most beautiful things I've seen on the road, and the Camaro is pushing the limits of what we have seen in a muscle car.

We all ended up in the vehicle of our choosing because of different decisions, but in the end, I think Mustang, Camaro, or Challenger owners can all agree, we own them because we have a love for cars. It's why we go to car shows, and join car forums, and show our cars off to others. It goes beyond a hobby sometimes and becomes our passion, and I think that's all in good fun, but some people take it just a little too seriously sometimes...

BailoutBowtie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KonaKid Chris
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
I was 13 years old when the Playstation 3 came out and I remember how big of a fanboy I was. Any positive thing that Microsoft put out for the Xbox, I would shoot down, because it didn't come from Sony. By the time I was 15, I looked back and thought to myself, "my, what an idiot I was. I didn't get to enjoy other video games that I thought looked awesome, because I was too busy holding loyalty to a brand." Fast forward another decade and I can't believe that I see people that are 20+ years old acting like these companies truly care about them. It's like you have a horse in this race (...). Yes, it's fun to be the fastest, or the most technological, or the best looking, but the bashing gets a little ridiculous. I've been a Mustang fan since I was 6 years old, and it's the only type of car I have ever owned, but those Challengers are some of the most beautiful things I've seen on the road, and the Camaro is pushing the limits of what we have seen in a muscle car.

We all ended up in the vehicle of our choosing because of different decisions, but in the end, I think Mustang, Camaro, or Challenger owners can all agree, we own them because we have a love for cars. It's why we go to car shows, and join car forums, and show our cars off to others. It goes beyond a hobby sometimes and becomes our passion, and I think that's all in good fun, but some people take it just a little too seriously sometimes...
Nice. The reality is EGO! We all have them so if some want to voice the demise of the Camaro, Why do you care or anybody for that matter?

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT DIB
Nice. The reality is EGO! We all have them so if some want to voice the demise of the Camaro, Why do you care or anybody for that matter?
I don't really care, I just wanted to point out that the whole thing is childish is all. I love the Mustang more than just about any non-exotic car. I love the heritage behind it and the stories and the memories, but I don't want to see the Camaro die (Let's face it, less competition means less meaningful updates). I guess some of us just have bigger egos than others. :shrug:

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Honestly, I think my pony car preferences somehow reflect the sales number...I'm pretty a number of people think the same.

I've rented a Camaro 2SS for a week and the Challenger R/T for another. Anyone can say whatever they want about performance or whatnot, the Challenger just felt more enjoyable. Almost the perfect cruiser...the exhaust, interior, driving experience, everything seems to be matching the cruiser experience. On the other side the Camaro, it's fast, handles well, but the driving experience is not there. I don't know if it's visibility (or lack thereof), exhaust, ride, batshit ergonomics, weird controls or what...it's just one car I wouldn't rent again. Even my cousin's 5th gen Camaro, everything seems to be wrong with the driving experience (wrong side ebrake placement, for example).
Sponsored