Sponsored

January 2018 Sales

ClevelandV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2020 GT or HP Ecoboost
The sooner camaro dies the better. As far as Mustang I think Bill Ford Might have something to say about that. And the way the auto industry is changing I think we might get another 10 years of Mustang before its gone.
Remarks like this, cheering for the Camaro's demise, is both baffling and irritating. You do know that the 2018 Mustang, with all of it's improvements, is a direct response to the Camaro, right ?
Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Don't bother guys..he lives in an imaginary world where the Mustang has never improved due to the Camaro.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
Guys, I hate Chervrolay more than anybody, but we need the Camaro to push the Mustang further.

The joy of battle is done once your enemy is vanquished.

And think of all those sweet tears over at Camaro6. So delicious.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Remarks like this, cheering for the Camaro's demise, is both baffling and irritating. You do know that the 2018 Mustang, with all of it's improvements, is a direct response to the Camaro, right ?
You have the right to your opinion and I have a right to mine Ford always improves Mustang and the biggest improvements always come at the mid cycle refresh. Mustang doesn't need camaro, camaro needs Mustang. Mustang brought camaro to life twice already.

And now comes the same old tired song and dance Mustang needing camaro. :popcorn:

Last edited:

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Man that ugly front end and overpriced Mustang really isn't selling huh!

Sponsored

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
The Camaro has the advantage that it shares a platform with the Cadillac ATS (1,155 sales) & CTS (662). That helps offset R&D and provides production scale advantages over the S550 platform which as far as I can find isn't shared with anything. So, they while they'd surely love to sell more, they may not have to for the model to be profitable. Of course all 3 of those still sold less than the Mustang in January. :D

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
The Mustang sales numbers are not exactly rosy either. Jan 2018 is the lowest Jan sales number for Mustang since 2014. This is an overall trend that is being seen with passenger cars where buyers are favoring SUV/CUV's and trucks.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
The sooner camaro dies the better. As far as Mustang I think Bill Ford Might have something to say about that. And the way the auto industry is changing I think we might get another 10 years of Mustang before its gone.
Why would you want to see it die? I cannot see anything wrong with having competition in the market place. It isn't like Camaro takes sales away from Mustang. People will buy what they like and competition is a good thing.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
Not if the Ford family continues to run the company into the ground in regards to the performance of its competitors. The Camaro sales may be poor but the company is running circles around Ford.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
It's an interesting human tendency that occurs when one chooses between Mustang or Camaro. They really are two very similar vehicles. It's weird that Mustang owners 'hate' on the Camaro, and vise versa. The Camaro and Mustang really are similar vehicles. The characteristics that made one pick a Camaro or Mustang can be "mostly" achieved by the other. I think the "feelings" come from an insecurity that makes one wonder if they chose the wrong team?

Ford (like most other companies) will make its product only as good as the competition pushes them too. If the Camaro goes away, the Mustang development $$ will dry up. If GM keeps pushing the Camaro to better and better performance...Ford will spend the resources to keep the Mustang competitive. We, as Mustang enthusiasts want the Camaro to live.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Why would you want to see it die? I cannot see anything wrong with having competition in the market place. It isn't like Camaro takes sales away from Mustang. People will buy what they like and competition is a good thing.
Plus if competition to Mustang reduced due to Camaro not existing you can bet Ford would increase prices.

Competition is healthy and the Camaro is also a great car. :)
Sponsored