Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Just curious, why FTW?

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
For The Win in this context.

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
I went with the 2x HP old racer trick, saves weight and $$, use two on your jack against the inner rail. Easy works every time.

Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 8.59.37 AM.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Different strokes for different folks. They all work well. With 20's you have to jack that front way up to get the rears hight enough off the ground. Thus, I use the rails also.....funny how we don't need to use rails on our other cars though. :)

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Can just use the front jack point and it will lift rear up as well....been doing it forever and works fine with vert as well.

My car came with out a jack. Got lucky and found one in local classifieds with a u grove on the top. Has the shop weld a lug sized nut on it and just sue the impact to jack.

Swapped four wheels and tires in 20 min the other day:)
Yeah you can do it without them, but the rails make getting the car on 4 jack stands much easier

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
On my Performance Pack GT I just lift at the jack point and the whole side lifts. It's not rocket surgery.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I believe it to be rocket science, or brain surgery...

But, yea, I love my jacking rails. My car is up and down off jack stands etc often, and the rails just take all the guess work out and are extremely convenient. YMMV but for me, itā€™s a no thinker.

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
Whatever works for ya. I track my car so any added weight is always calculated. Can't have too many places to jack a vehicle though. Always some scenario where getting a stand in the right spot is a PITA. Nice ride.

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I canā€™t imagine a world where jacking rails are a bad thingā€¦ the additional weight (unless your racing as a career) is negligible. The added ease of getting the car up is tremendous, especially if you regularly jack up the car. Necessary? No, but the Mustang in it of itself is not a necessity, itā€™s a toy. Jacking rails make it a better toy.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
The added ease of getting the car up is tremendous
I still don't get how though? I've had 2 S550s, one with and one without...and I do not notice a discenrable difference in getting the car up on stands. It literally takes me an extra 10-15 seconds per side to slap on a magnetic pinch weld mount and then jack up half the car and place 2 stands at each end over having a rail.

Sure, 30 second savings is technically "faster" and "easier", but I wouldn't call it a tremendous improvement.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I still don't get how though? I've had 2 S550s, one with and one without...and I do not notice a discenrable difference in getting the car up on stands. It literally takes me an extra 10-15 seconds per side to slap on a magnetic pinch weld mount and then jack up half the car and place 2 stands at each end over having a rail.

Sure, 30 second savings is technically "faster" and "easier", but I wouldn't call it a tremendous improvement.
Oh, youā€™re saying you Jack the car up in the middle with the pinch weld mount and jack up both front and rear at the same timeā€¦ Iā€™ve never used one of those so it has never been a consideration of mine.

The additional ease if thatā€™s the case comes from being able to jack/support from any place along the rail, not worry about marring up the pinch welds or placing the jacks in the perfect spot. Itā€™s easier and faster in my mind because I donā€™t have to be as ā€œpreciseā€, but again, most of the improvement comes from not having the pinch weld mount for a jack or stands.

Somewhere is an argument for rigidity added, but Iā€™m not sure I buy all thatā€¦

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Jack the car up in the middle with the pinch weld mount and jack up both front and rear at the same time
Yes. It's not in the middle of the chassis, it's more towards the front but jacking it up from there lifts both wheels off the ground.

The additional ease if thatā€™s the case comes from being able to jack/support from any place along the rail, not worry about marring up the pinch welds or placing the jacks in the perfect spot.
Those are definitely true facts, however as mentioned before it doesn't add (at least in my mind) a tremendous amount of difference. It's quite easy to jack up the car from the same exact spot and place 2 stands in the front and rear subframes in the same spot every time. It just gives you more options, but those options aren't necessarily that much better.

On other cars that you don't have these OEM options and that you can't jack up the whole side of the car in one shot, these would be a huge deal. With the stiffness of the S550 chassis and they way it's laid out, it's only marginal. I was very much surprised the first time I jacked up the car at the track to change out the wheels and saw both wheels off the ground. This cut my time to change wheels in half compared to my previous car.
Sponsored