Sponsored

Is the engine cover needed?

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
And those are old pics. My engine bay isn’t that dirty anymore 🤭
lol, I was going to ask if you went through a duststorm.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
lol, I was going to ask if you went through a duststorm.
If I recall, that was in the middle of summer and it was stupid hot and dry so lots of dust blowing around. Too hot to even clean under the hood in the garage. But I’m as anal about keeping under the hood clean as I am the outside, so it’s much better now. Which reminds me, I’m about due to clean under there again. Been a few weeks

OP
OP

MotoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Ford F150 XLT Supercab
Mags1…If you want totally unrestricted access to your oil dip stick, remove the sound tube…another Ford dumb idea, My 2c

What is the function of this naughty sound tube? Just went to look at mine. Had no idea.

PXL_20240225_221856625.jpg
PXL_20240225_221909467.jpg

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
How do you clean your engine bay?
IK pump sprayer with Optimum No Rinse (ONR) and some microfiber towels. Everything in the engine bay is pretty well sealed so I spray everything down really good and then wipe it all down. I fold my microfibers into squares so I can fold it around 4 different times to keep getting clean sides. Usually go through 2 or 3 microfibers. Depending on how dirty it is, the really dirty towels I just throw out. The others can be washed and used again. I keep my engine bay microfibers separate from any that will touch the exterior paint just in case.

IMG_2722.jpeg

OP
OP

MotoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Ford F150 XLT Supercab
IK pump sprayer with Optimum No Rinse (ONR) and some microfiber towels. Everything in the engine bay is pretty well sealed so I spray everything down really good and then wipe it all down. I fold my microfibers into squares so I can fold it around 4 different times to keep getting clean sides. Usually go through 2 or 3 microfibers. Depending on how dirty it is, the really dirty towels I just throw out. The others can be washed and used again. I keep my engine bay microfibers separate from any that will touch the exterior paint just in case.

IMG_2722.jpeg
Wow! That's pretty elaborate! I was thinking about just blowing mine off with the air hose and maybe hitting some areas with the shop vac,lol! Thanks for the info.

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
What is the function of this naughty sound tube? Just went to look at mine. Had no idea.

PXL_20240225_221856625.jpg
PXL_20240225_221909467.jpg
It brings in a somewhat amplified air intake baffled sound into the cabin. I removed mine because it looks like crap, clutters up the engine bay, and somewhat blocks the oil tip stick. I wanted to hear my coyote, not an added sound. Very easy mod.

Sponsored

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
I am having trouble understanding the sound difference between leaving the sound tube in place vs removing it…the consensus seems to be that having it detracts from the true engine sound, but removing it and sitting (driving) in an insulated cabin isn’t the engine sound reduced without it ?? ( i am assuming windows up, AC on) thanks.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
You only get an intake noise transfered to the cabin in addition.
Bullitt and Mach1 come without the sound tube / appendix, if the intake noise without the appendix is not enough for you, then install a different intake.

Most people who remove the thing report that the sound has become more pleasant.

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
Most people who remove the thing report that the sound has become more pleasant.

So if one likes loud engine sound, keep the sound tube in place as a contributor to cabin loud sound of the engine? If I understand what you’re saying having the sound tube installed or removed affects the engine sound VOLUME, not necessarily the engine sound QUALITY in the cabin??

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt

So if one likes loud engine sound, keep the sound tube in place as a contributor to cabin loud sound of the engine? If I understand what you’re saying having the sound tube installed or removed affects the engine sound VOLUME, not necessarily the engine sound QUALITY in the cabin??
It's all hearsay, but as I understand the statements, the sound is better, not quieter.
An annoying component is missing.
Just try it out, it's enough to put a dummy plug in there first, you don't have to remove the whole pipe.
Over here there are aluminum plugs available that you put in and then reconnect the hose.
The appendix stays in, but is tied off.

1708951648746.jpeg
Sponsored