Introduce yourself!!

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; New here today. I have a reason for joining this forum. That being I have been figuring to buy a new Mustang GT. Attempted such already but had some failures along the way. More about that later.

I do not own a Ford product now. I have owned Fords in the past. Full sized ford vans and an F-150 pickup, all prior to 2004. In 2004 my F-150 was totaled and due to financial consideration I wound up with a Chevy Silverado. A story perhaps worth telling but not here.

To my reason for joining the forum. I have shopped the new Mustang GT's a few times using a strategy with flaws. Came close to a deal a couple of times but something happened each time so far. Might be decent stories but not in this thread.

To the point finally. I have suspended my search for a new Ford with a V8 because of some unsettling information I discovered a few weeks ago. Short story is I was about to trade the Chevy for a leftover 2019 F-150 with the generation 3 coyote V8. Had the deal I wanted and was about to start the process of removing the truck bed box from the Chevy, but was waiting for the rain to stop. To use the time I began to search for bed steps to add to the truck. Found some steps but ran across articles about excessive oil consumption in the new version of the Coyote V8's.

To be sure I have already done lots of searching on that topic, including this forum. I became concerned enough to walk form the F-150 deal when I read the Ford TSB about the oil consumption. Figured any issue that warrants a TSB ought to taken seriously. I think I have read all the posts in two threads in this forum plus looked at many other places on the web.

Now being a member here I hope to ask for insight about the oil consumption in terms of what is the latest information available and more specifically about where to look for such information. I have talked to the service managers at two dealerships and was told they cannot give me any information about the issue. I was wanting to find out, if possible, what sort of numbers of engines are affected. No luck even after I contacted Ford directly. I still do not know if the problem is in only a small fraction of engines or may be more wide spread. I still want to buy a new Mustang GT but also want to know more about the coyote V-8.

The last Ford engine I rebuilt was back in 1987. A 351 W out of a Ford E-150 van. I spun a crank bearing one afternoon.

( And yes I am long winded in my posts)

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Hey everyone my name is Em. I’ve been on and off of here since last year when I got myself a 16 gt in August. I would love to meet up with some people in Northern VA to learn more about my car and get some good advice from.

Thanks...
Hi all, I'm back again. I had to sell my 16 gt last year and decided to chill out for a while. I bought another 16 gt recently but manual this time and metallic blue vs the orange gt I had. I'm loving it as always and just wanted to hop back on here. I'll post some pictures later.

Sponsored

Brutal_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Hi! I'm Andie, I own a 2019 Ecoboost Premium w/ the PP. This is my second Mustang, before this, I owned a 2004 that was owned by 3 generations of my family - my grandfather bought it, he eventually gave it to my dad, and when my dad passed away I got it. When I traded up for something more reliable it was a bit bittersweet, but I love my S550 and I am proud to carry on the family tradition.

Haven't done many modifications to her yet, just a new axle-back exhaust (Flowmaster Outlaw), and I am here to learn more about how I can get my hands dirty and make the car my own. I can't wait to get to know everyone better and to learn a lot about cars!

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
CJ from the Puget Sound checking in. Just picked up my 2d Mustang a 2020 GT/CS Vert in Race Red. Got new springs, sway bars, H pipe, FP race struts and shocks waiting to install. Going to be fun! Plan to race it in autocross next season at Bremerton.

Got hooked last year when I bought a 2014 base vert. Just had to get the V8 with active exhaust.

Peace!

BrandonATX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT. 2015 Mustang GT - RIP
Hey guys. Brandon from Texas here. Got a great deal on this 2015 Mustang Gt premium performance pack with 30k miles on it. Not sure what has been done to it, other than the tail lights. Haha. But gonna start modding it soon.
If anyone recognizes this car and knows the previous owner that would be helpful. Thanks.

FDBFC8F7-A0FE-4152-BBE1-F00DEE55395D.png
6966F83F-E3D2-4C7B-B256-F859BEB112B8.png

F1883DBC-F8E0-41E3-A8BF-C03A48177368.png

Last edited:

BrandonATX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys. Brandon from Texas here. Got a great deal on this 2015 Mustang Gt premium performance pack with 30k miles on it. Not sure what has been done to it, other than the tail lights. Haha. But gonna start modding it soon.
If anyone recognizes this car and knows the previous owner that would be helpful. Thanks.

FDBFC8F7-A0FE-4152-BBE1-F00DEE55395D.png
6966F83F-E3D2-4C7B-B256-F859BEB112B8.png

F1883DBC-F8E0-41E3-A8BF-C03A48177368.png
I took off the “hot wheels” logo. I see it has a CAI, muffler deletes and wheel spacers. I don’t know why the strut tower brace is missing. But that’s about it. Oh... and it came with a LIFETIME transmission and engine warranty.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I took off the “hot wheels” logo. I see it has a CAI, muffler deletes and wheel spacers. I don’t know why the strut tower brace is missing. But that’s about it. Oh... and it came with a LIFETIME transmission and engine warranty.
Nice congrats!

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
also the front coyote badge and the spoiler, and the red trim on the front bumper. Cant see interior to speak to that, or underside of the car. thank you for removing the hot wheels logo lol

Those taillights are very hit or miss. some love them, I personally think they look like spaced out eyeballs and do not like them lol. nice car though. youll love it im sure

edit: did you see a Carfax saying its a performance pack? That would explain the missing strut tower, and a different rear spoiler. Don't think that front lip is a pp lip either but could be wrong, hard to tell. ***it does have the front Brembo 6 piston and the wheels, so most likely is. just worth asking.

BrandonATX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Hahaha. It’s one of those.... I would never buy those and put them on my car. But they are already on there. I’ll let them be for the time being. Will mostly likely look for some factory tails to replace.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Hahaha. It’s one of those.... I would never buy those and put them on my car. But they are already on there. I’ll let them be for the time being. Will mostly likely look for some factory tails to replace.
yeah, they are fine for now for sure. you could honestly probably find a set for sale on here and sell the ones you have on there for a profit. or at least break even; or do a trade.

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Hi everyone. My name is Chris, I have a 2016 base GT with PP, which is my 2nd mustang. I live in the Tampa Bay area, specifically in Riverview / Apollo Beach part of town. I've been lurking around this site for 6 months or so and finally decided to sign up. I'm not much of a social media guy, I don't do Facebook, Twitter, etc. The extend of my social media footprint is LinkedIn and now this site.
Looking forward to chatting with everyone. Below is a picture I took while visiting my parents in the Blue Ridge area of Georgia. Mine is the silver and the black is a 13 GT that my dad owns. Funny story on how he got that car, he had an 87 GT and a 95 cobra. He drove my car and about a month later sold the 87 and bought the 13. He couldn't believe how much power the coyote engine had. Found a great deal on the 13 and pulled the trigger. He still has the 95 cobra too.
Stang3.jpg

Eco-Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Metallic Ecoboost
Hi all, wanted to introduce myself. My name is Justin, from Mesa AZ and I just took delivery of a '16 Guard Metallic Ecoboost Performance Pack. Excited to be back in a performance-oriented car after a relatively long stint in mainly commuters. Only picture I have for now is when it was being dropped off by Carvana. Looking forward to learning as much as possible from this site and expertise of the members and may look into some minor mods in the future but for now just going to enjoy.

Looks like the previous owner installed the FP Power Pack CAI, and Eibach anti-roll sway bar. Unsure if they also had the car tuned with the full Power Pack as there was no "tool" included with the sale. Any thoughts on an easy way to check w/o heading to the dealer (still have roughly have the powertrain warranty left).

Drop Off .jpg
Sponsored