Sponsored

Introduce yourself!!

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hello everyone,

My racing days started in 1990 with Ford and my new to me, white 1988 Notchback Foxbody 5L with 10K KM's (6K miles). It had power - nothing lol. My racing also started with Joe and Paul Dasilva (called J&P back in the day) as the first to "mod" my car (dynomax exhaust, punched cats and timing - done by hand lol). Hey it was good enough for a 13.9 pass at 101 MPH.

Since that time I have been extremely fortunate to have owned cars from many manufacturers and to mod many of them, from simple bolt-on builds to fairly extreme setups - 600-2000 HP. As I have become more "seasoned", I have turned down the wick a tad and even enjoyed some of my car purchases bone stock lol. This 2019 Mustang GT 10R80 build will be my last - and I have again teamed up with Joe Dasilva from Dasilva Racing whom I have known for over 30 years for that final dance.

The build will be a Gen V Whipple - likely broken up into two stages; stage 1 is with the stock engine, and stage 2 would be building at least the shortblock. I have no desire to set records, and this car will be on the street 95% of the time, so over-engineering for safety is important to me. I am going to start a build thread. My goals are high 9's (9.9's) at 141+ on pump gas if possible and maybe a lowish to mid 9 on E85/98 before needing to touch the engine. I was able to secure a nice base model with a performance pack 1 and an aftermarket exhaust for a great price with just under 6K KM's (about 3700 miles) on the odometer.

I look forward to sharing the build with all of you and to get the feedback from you experienced car and Coyote folk as we move into the 2021 season - Cheers!
1988_Format.jpg
Mustang_F.jpg

BrandoS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brando
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
CJ from the Puget Sound checking in. Just picked up my 2d Mustang a 2020 GT/CS Vert in Race Red. Got new springs, sway bars, H pipe, FP race struts and shocks waiting to install. Going to be fun! Plan to race it in autocross next season at Bremerton.

Got hooked last year when I bought a 2014 base vert. Just had to get the V8 with active exhaust.

Peace!
Yo im in the Puget sound too!

BrandoS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brando
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Well guys I'm not new to Mustangs but this is my first S550 model. Been a import guy all my life because it was cheap to go fast with a Honda. My last car was a Honda Civic but it got stolen! I've had plenty Hondas in the past but anyways. Which lead me to buy this PP2 velocity blue Mustang. I was in the process of saving up for a Mach1 handling package, I did put a down for it at a dealership but when my civic got stolen I had to get my money back and search for a PP2 GT asap.Not a big fan of the GT350 with the pre facelift headlight. I made a good deal with a dealership to get a PP2 a "2020" model off their lot. So here I am now. I'm happy with the buy.

IMG_1839.jpeg

62638597180__EE5E94F0-89C3-4A3C-ADA1-E66BD369F846.jpeg

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Well guys I'm not new to Mustangs but this is my first S550 model. Been a import guy all my life because it was cheap to go fast with a Honda. My last car was a Honda Civic but it got stolen! I've had plenty Hondas in the past but anyways. Which lead me to buy this PP2 velocity blue Mustang. I was in the process of saving up for a Mach1 handling package, I did put a down for it at a dealership but when my civic got stolen I had to get my money back and search for a PP2 GT asap.Not a big fan of the GT350 with the pre facelift headlight. I made a good deal with a dealership to get a PP2 a "2020" model off their lot. So here I am now. I'm happy with the buy.

IMG_1839.jpeg

62638597180__EE5E94F0-89C3-4A3C-ADA1-E66BD369F846.jpeg
Welcome! Beautiful car.

Ajmack1970

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I’m Aj 👋🏾 Dad always loved mustangs, so he got me into it. He got a 93 fox body, & I wanna say a year or 2 after he got his I looked into trading in my magnum for a mustang. Wasn’t making as much back then so I didn’t get a newer 1, & I definitely couldn’t fit into anything 2009 or older, so I ended up settling & getting an 11’ V6 convertible. Long story short, some idiot totaled my car & almost killed me 10/8/19,
1606453849589.jpeg
1606453879310.jpeg
so obviously that cars gone..& I considered a few others, but finally decided to get the GT I had wanted in the 1st place 😄 & now I’m happy I got it & I love my car

shinoda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost HPP
Hey everybody.... I'm Ray. I live in New York about 50 miles north of NYC. In August, I bought my first Mustang since my last 28 years ago. It's an automatic 2.3 HPP model in Iconic Silver. Absolutely love the car 👍

20201127_190633.jpg

20201127_190648.jpg

tomdwa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
white mustang ecoboost hpp
Hi, I'm Tom and I live in Belgium (Europe). In a couple of days, I'm welcoming my brand new Oxford white Stang ecoboost. It sits on the parking lot of the Ford dealer right now, getting all cold and wet 😨! In a couple of days, it will sit nice and cosy in my garage :like:.
STANG aangepast.png

Sponsored

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv (totaled by a puma); 2021 GT Conv PP1
Hi folks. I'm Artem. I might be the only forum member out here who does not drive. That's right, I don't even have a driver license! I've spent most of my life living in big cities and travelling for work all over Europe, where you don't really need a car. Nevertheless, I've been a Mustang fan for quite some time. (Mostly based on exterior, of course.)

Last year we moved to the US with my wife Kate, and this summer we got our first car—a used 2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible. (My wife drives, of course.) We used it quite extensively, driving all over Washington state, our new home, and travelled to nearby states several times. We absolutely loved this car.

Last week we went for a social distancing vacation to hike in rural California. And on US-101 north a huge mountain lion jumped right in front the car. I mean, we could not weight him because he somehow managed to run away. But Wikipedia says they may weight up to 220 lb/100 kg, which sounds about right. So, the car went from 65 mph (~105 km/h) to 0 in a second. I have to admit, it turned out to be a very safe car. We almost did not feel anything! (Later, Kate discovered some light scratches and bruises, but nothing serious.) In fact, the most intense feeling was the smell of airbags which of course deployed (and probably saved our lives.) I'd say they smelled shit, but the cop told us lately it was normal.

1606637996450.png

1606638021588.png

(On the 2nd photo, you can see some cat fur above the radiator and some blood below it.)

And then it was quite a challenge to get home, given it's weekend and we're in the middle of nowhere without a car. But it all ended fine, except for unplanned expenses of little over $3,000. ($2,000 to get home with all random junk we used to have in the car, and $1,000 is our insurance deductible.) But that's another story, probably not very relevant to this forum.

So, here I am, researching the options of getting a new car. It ought to be another Mustang, of course. This is how I found this forum, and it looks like a helpful and entertaining place so far.

tomdwa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
white mustang ecoboost hpp
Hi folks. I'm Artem. I might be the only forum member out here who does not drive. That's right, I don't even have a driver license! I've spent most of my life living in big cities and travelling for work all over Europe, where you don't really need a car. Nevertheless, I've been a Mustang fan for quite some time. (Mostly based on exterior, of course.)

Last year we moved to the US with my wife Kate, and this summer we got our first car—a used 2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible. (My wife drives, of course.) We used it quite extensively, driving all over Washington state, our new home, and travelled to nearby states several times. We absolutely loved this car.

Last week we went for a social distancing vacation to hike in rural California. And on US-101 north a huge mountain lion jumped right in front the car. I mean, we could not weight him because he somehow managed to run away. But Wikipedia says they may weight up to 220 lb/100 kg, which sounds about right. So, the car went from 65 mph (~105 km/h) to 0 in a second. I have to admit, it turned out to be a very safe car. We almost did not feel anything! (Later, Kate discovered some light scratches and bruises, but nothing serious.) In fact, the most intense feeling was the smell of airbags which of course deployed (and probably saved our lives.) I'd say they smelled shit, but the cop told us lately it was normal.

1606637996450.png

1606638021588.png

(On the 2nd photo, you can see some cat fur above the radiator and some blood below it.)

And then it was quite a challenge to get home, given it's weekend and we're in the middle of nowhere without a car. But it all ended fine, except for unplanned expenses of little over $3,000. ($2,000 to get home with all random junk we used to have in the car, and $1,000 is our insurance deductible.) But that's another story, probably not very relevant to this forum.

So, here I am, researching the options of getting a new car. It ought to be another Mustang, of course. This is how I found this forum, and it looks like a helpful and entertaining place so far.

OMG, man, I'm happy there are no mountain lions in the country I live in !!!

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt

1606637996450.png

1606638021588.png

Welcome to the forum! Sorry you aren't coming here under better circumstances though. Hope you can find a new one perfect for yall soon though! Glad yall are ok.

highgate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hans-Juergen
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 Convertible Ruby Rojo
Hola de España,

even her it is nice to drive a Mu
IMG-20201001-WA0025.jpg
stang 5.0 GT convertible in ruby rojo.

Actually I am German, but we live here in Spain since 5 years.

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
Hey guys!
I'm Yosy, from Miami. Owner of SNAKR (2020 Shelby GT350R) in Kona Blue and White stripes with red pinstripes.
Delivered in September 2020
You can follow us on Instagram: @shelby_snakr
Here she is:
AR1T0952_1.jpg

I feel so lucky for owning this magical Voodoo engine and had been able to place the order choosing my favorite combination and optional packages. Thanks to all who made it possible.
Also happy to belong to this amazing Mustang family. Thanks, guys!
Sponsored