Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Hey everyone. I just picked up a 2016 (6/16 build date) Oxford White Mustang GT (base) with the PP. I have been a long time Mustang fan for over a decade but they just never fit the bill. Now, life is different and said, screw it why not. The S550 is by far my favorite Mustang body style produced. From the curves, lines to the fastback roof line, it's just a glorious car to stare at.

I traded in my 2015 Subaru WRX which I had all the bolt-ons + water/meth. I was putting down 342whp/348wtq. It was a quick and fun car but I just always loved the V8 sound of the Fords.

I can't wait to start doing a few things. I am avoiding power mods for a little bit until I learn the car and it's characteristics. Coming from multiple AWD turbo cars in previous years, it's going to be a different game.

First plans are, taking back to the dealer this week to get them to touch up a few spots I found on the paint the other day after detailing it. Then I am taking it to get tinted (20%-30%), hitting the roof with black gloss vinyl (did this on my WRX as well) and depending on the cost I will get the front bumper/half hood/a pillars and mirrors filmed. Then I would like to drop it down a little to close up the fender/wheel gap.

Right now my car is at 280 miles (I live 50mil from the dealer I purchased it from). I did a little drive Saturday with a friend and his WRX. While I am trying to do a proper "break-in" I got on the car a few times (no redlining) and man I am pleased with the sound and the power. It will take getting use to N/A but man does that car want to pull in the upper RPM range! Unlike my WRX, where power typically starts dropping.

Anyways, i'm not gonna bother posting pictures of my stock car but stay tuned. I am also on Instagram with a new channel called bodycount5.0. I will also have a page to track on wheelwell.

https://wheelwell.com/profile/56fafb3cb1f15bfd6bbe194d/garage/
Sponsored

Wrascally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Saying HI

Hello!

Wanted to introduce myself. Have been into classics for years (chevy) just joined the ford camp with a new to me 2015 GT Convertible (17k on it).

Ordered exhaust this am - have to do something about the factory 235 rubber as well!

Hoping to make a trial auto cross run this weekend.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
So I went INGOT a silver Mustang. After many years of being a fan and months of lurking on the forum, I finally pulled the trigger on a 2016 Premium GT w/ PP. I look forward to being an active member on here now that I'm officially an owner. :headbang:

23maqus.jpg

A.Gilliland31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT
New to the forum, just purchased a Race Red 2016 GT 6 speed manual with 3:55 gears. Been a blast so far and looking forward to upcoming projects.

Sponsored

Bankss550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maurice
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium 6SPD
New mustang owner here but not new to modding. Purchased a Magnetic Gt during a memorial day sale. Seems like a really fun car to own and plan on enjoying it.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Hello everyone, just picked up the first brand new car I've ever owned in my life, a 2016 Ecoboost. I plan to drive it during the winter and for a daily 60 mile round trip commute to work so I decided on the 2.3L rather than the GT (I've driven several of the 5.0 cars but not an S550 platform so I know approximately what I'm missing). I traded in a modded and tuned 2013 Mazdaspeed 3. Power is down somewhat, the MS3 was making 326/352 at the wheels with the stock k04 maxed out but not having FWD any more is totally worth it and mods are plentiful for the ecoboost, although I might drive it stock for some time and try to hold off the itch.

I have some past with mustangs, I've owned a 2010 GT, 2003 Terminator and 1999 Cobra. All of them were lots of fun but this 2016 is so much more refined it doesn't even seem like a Ford any more, especially compared to the awful interior of the new edge cars.

I got the premium car but no PP as I really don't like the wheels that come on it. The only thing I don't like about the cars appearance right now is the stripe, I'm trying to decide if I want to pull it off or not. What really strikes me after a few days with the new car is the things I thought wouldn't matter have quickly become my favorites, like the keyless entry/start. Its so nice just walking up the the car and putting my hand in the door handle to open it!

And since everyone likes pics, have some:

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Hello everyone, just picked up the first brand new car I've ever owned in my life, a 2016 Ecoboost. I plan to drive it during the winter and for a daily 60 mile round trip commute to work so I decided on the 2.3L rather than the GT (I've driven several of the 5.0 cars but not an S550 platform so I know approximately what I'm missing). I traded in a modded and tuned 2013 Mazdaspeed 3. Power is down somewhat, the MS3 was making 326/352 at the wheels with the stock k04 maxed out but not having FWD any more is totally worth it and mods are plentiful for the ecoboost, although I might drive it stock for some time and try to hold off the itch.

I have some past with mustangs, I've owned a 2010 GT, 2003 Terminator and 1999 Cobra. All of them were lots of fun but this 2016 is so much more refined it doesn't even seem like a Ford any more, especially compared to the awful interior of the new edge cars.

I got the premium car but no PP as I really don't like the wheels that come on it. The only thing I don't like about the cars appearance right now is the stripe, I'm trying to decide if I want to pull it off or not. What really strikes me after a few days with the new car is the things I thought wouldn't matter have quickly become my favorites, like the keyless entry/start. Its so nice just walking up the the car and putting my hand in the door handle to open it!

Nice! Welcome. I bought my first new car too and also went with the Ingot. I was torn between Magnetic and Ingot but seeing it in person, I fell in love. It's the best color IMO ;)

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Congrats! Looks Great! The ecoboost has a unique look slightly different from the GT... but stunning. I like the wheels. I'm not sure about the rocker stripe either...maybe it's because it tends to blend in and not stand out like the traditional rocker/lower door stripe on past mustangs...

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Nice! Welcome. I bought my first new car too and also went with the Ingot. I was torn between Magnetic and Ingot but seeing it in person, I fell in love. It's the best color IMO ;)
Congrats! Looks Great! The ecoboost has a unique look slightly different from the GT... but stunning. I like the wheels. I'm not sure about the rocker stripe either...maybe it's because it tends to blend in and not stand out like the traditional rocker/lower door stripe on past mustangs...
Thanks guys, and yeah I love the color. I've always like silver cars, it was between the ingot silver and the lightning blue, but there was no blue ones in stock anywhere near me and I'm impatient. Now I just have to find a reputable tint shop to fix up the windows.

Sponsored

Majolo71

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Hey from NJ everyone! I'm new to the forum and new to Mustangs. Just picked up a brand new '15 GT Convertible Manual in Triple Yellow with every option except PP that had been sitting on the lot collecting dust. I'd been in the market for a BMW and was a regular on Bimmerfest and Bimmerpost. Long story short, I stumbled upon this Mustang and couldn't say no. I look forward to learning as much here as I did on the other forums. I'll post a pic as soon as I figure out how :)

ravengenesis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rai
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Oxford White
I've lurked on this forum for almost 9 months. I read a lot of people's thoughts and input regarding picking the right Mustang and all the awesome mods people have on their ride.

I started off with a brand new Chevy Aveo ($8000 manual stripper car), into a Mazdaspeed 3 (My wife forever hates me for trading it in), then a Mazda 6 (family), traded that speed3 for a Mercedes C250 Coupe (biggest regret ever)... going through a 1/3 life crisis so I went back to a stick shift Mustang GT and instant euphoria.
12717859_10153523580993845_3455738045845842672_n.jpg

SteedaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Ecoboost
New here as well. Been lurking a bit, but decided to join today because I found something to buy in the classifieds haha.

My name is Mark and I generally frequent svtp and focusst.org. However, the woman decided to buy a '16 Mustang Ecoboost a few weeks ago on a whim so here I am. Was looking at the ATS and other 4 door cars but somehow ended up with a Mustang. Not that I'm complaining though, I've owned my mustang since 2004 and have had many since plus my focus st.

Seems like a great forum so far!

Edit: forgot photos

lsbcvs

Black TORO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Hi Im Leo From McAllen TX Here is my ride Thanks for the welcome

Sponsored