Sponsored

Introduce yourself!!

5.0Nasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Triple Yellow Eco Vert
Hi all, new member here.
2 month owner of a 2016 Shadow Black GT 6MT, base model.

Was a member of AFM years ago. Not new to mustangs, this is my 3rd. Details of my past mustangs are below.

2005 Mineral Gray GT 5MT Base - Pacesetter O/R long tubes with H-pipe, Mac Boomtubes, GT500 throttle body, SCT 93 Race tune, Hurst short shifter, JLT intake, FR500 staggered wheels, 3.73 gears, aluminum driveshaft. SOLD after 8 years of ownership

2013 Black Premium Vert 6AT - Stock. SOLD after 3 months of ownership

Current: 2016 Shadow Black GT 6MT Base - MBRP street catback

Looking forward to many years with my '16 GT
Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
New member from Manheim, Pa

Hi gang,

I don't know if too many people look at these introduction threads, but I'm from Manheim, Pa, I love my 2016 GT PP (first new car, ever), I've already done some mods, and loving the s**t out of it. :headbang: I sometimes work too much, I don't drink enough, and I love women, goofing off, and helping anybody I can if need be. I'm a screwball outside of work, and I love to say stupid s**t. :headbonk:

ravengenesis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rai
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Oxford White
What was wrong with the C250 coupe? Those are nice looking cars. I considered getting a used one before I got the '15 Mustang.
It's a sluggish 7speed auto, it's german steel with an under spirited 1.8L turbo

You feel like driving a luxury cruiser without the actual power. It has a mean engine note when pressed but launching and stopping german steel in non AMG format can feel iffy

but biggest complaint is the transmission... can't compete with my Mazda6 auto at all.

Tall Mike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 2015 F350 Lariat 6.2L
Hello from Binghamton, NY..

Last Mustang I owned was a 89 GT that I owned waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back then....Just picked up a 2015 V6 yesterday as a 2nd vehicle or summer car..

In a perfect world I would have went with another GT, but I'm making a rather HUGE payment on a F250 Lariat so it just wasn't gonna happen..

Looking forward to hanging out !

Sponsored

JasonB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
Hi all from the South of England. I'm very happy that the new Mustang is being sold over here. I took one for a spin and I was smitten. I am used to European sports cars but I suppose my closest thing to this was my C63 AMG.

When I test drove the Mustang I just could not stop smiling.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all from the South of England. I'm very happy that the new Mustang is being sold over here. I took one for a spin and I was smitten. I am used to European sports cars but I suppose my closest thing to this was my C63 AMG.

When I test drove the Mustang I just could not stop smiling.
congratulations on the new Mustang. I have a friend who live in England and we have been talking back and forth about the popularity of the Mustang in the UK. It really does have a great personality and does evoke a smile every time.

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
Hello everyone, just picked up the first brand new car I've ever owned in my life, a 2016 Ecoboost. I plan to drive it during the winter and for a daily 60 mile round trip commute to work so I decided on the 2.3L rather than the GT (I've driven several of the 5.0 cars but not an S550 platform so I know approximately what I'm missing). I traded in a modded and tuned 2013 Mazdaspeed 3. Power is down somewhat, the MS3 was making 326/352 at the wheels with the stock k04 maxed out but not having FWD any more is totally worth it and mods are plentiful for the ecoboost, although I might drive it stock for some time and try to hold off the itch.

I have some past with mustangs, I've owned a 2010 GT, 2003 Terminator and 1999 Cobra. All of them were lots of fun but this 2016 is so much more refined it doesn't even seem like a Ford any more, especially compared to the awful interior of the new edge cars.

I got the premium car but no PP as I really don't like the wheels that come on it. The only thing I don't like about the cars appearance right now is the stripe, I'm trying to decide if I want to pull it off or not. What really strikes me after a few days with the new car is the things I thought wouldn't matter have quickly become my favorites, like the keyless entry/start. Its so nice just walking up the the car and putting my hand in the door handle to open it!

And since everyone likes pics, have some:
Cool man, I also traded my 2013 Genpu in for a Mustang. I decided to go with the 5.0, though. I loved the Speed3, but I'm not upset at all that I traded. Seems to be a pretty popular trade up in the speed community.

Sally15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium MT-82 PP; black/black.
Hi, in FL. I work a box truck here in FL. "Sally" may sound cliche, but it also means princess. She is my first owned mustang. In the 1990's, I attentended Bob Bondurant at Sears Point. Those cars were fox 5.0. The names, and cars have changed from my youth.

I had mkii supras back then, and the familiarity you get. Wonderful car for its time

I sold my Honda Accord 5spd and Kawasaki ZX6r to get into this generation Mustang. It was the irs that got me stung, showed the 5g v6 to gf....

Anyway, I see a lot of you local guys on the road. Plus, I am close to biff burger and quaker

Waldo013

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Finally, after forever and a day, I can finally say Hello all! Just picked up my 2016 Mustang GT Premium Today. Have had an 05 mustang V6 since 2008, the first car I bought, and have now been fortunate enough to get this car. I have been Browsing the Forums for several years regularly and finally have my S550! Greetings From E.Texas

Sponsored

IZZy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hello everyone! I just bought a 2106 GT base and I'm loving it, not new to mustangs by any means, I have been heavily involved in the mustang scene in the Chicagoland area, previously owned several fox bodies and two 03 Cobras.

JDVisualz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Mustang GT Premium/PP
Checking in. Just bought a 2016 Mustang GT Premium with the Performance Package. Transitioning from a Supercharged 04 BMW M3. This being my first v8 car I must say the sound of the engine and the car itself is mesmerizing. Very excited with this purchase and looking forward to the future.

WSUBUM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EB Premium Guard
2016 Ecoboost Premium auto in Guard Metallic. Switching over from a Mazdaspeed3.