Does anyone have detailed illustrations on installing these rails>

Thanks
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
There are many different jacking rails available from different vendors; can you be more specific as to which set you have?

or are you asking a general question before buying?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Yes - please let us know, if Steeda, then you can see our installation instructions here -

Attachments

OP
OP

fat boy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
There are many different jacking rails available from different vendors; can you be more specific as to which set you have?

or are you asking a general question before buying?
I purchased the BMR super low profile.

Sponsored

lugbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
how does the dealer lift the car on their lift? I'm pretty sure they aren't buying/installing rails onto the car.

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
There are jacking points listed in the owner's manual and also in the technical manuals. I have Steeda rails, but there are specific positions the lift must utilize to balance the car properly. Nobody wants a car to fall... but it happens.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
how does the dealer lift the car on their lift? I'm pretty sure they aren't buying/installing rails onto the car.
There are a lot of solutions out there in search of a problem…
Not saying that 100% apply to the rail but i never had an issue in my life lifting a vehicle. Including unibody
Beside the 4 jacking points, anyone with a bit of experience can find a bunch of other lifting points such as:,rear axle tubes, differential, suspension, subframe, and countless other locations

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
There are a lot of solutions out there in search of a problem…
Not saying that 100% apply to the rail but i never had an issue in my life lifting a vehicle. Including unibody
Beside the 4 jacking points, anyone with a bit of experience can find a bunch of other lifting points such as:,rear axle tubes, differential, suspension, subframe, and countless other locations
First time you have a jack slip off a OEM jacking point and take out a body part on the way down. Or the pinch weld fail as the car moves while jacking it.
Needed, no, not really, but less likely to slip off a 1" wide tube thn a 1/4" pinch welded sheet steel.
In my case I put the car on stands all off season. I don't know if I would trust the factory pinch welds that long, they are not designed for that.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I just laid on the ground without the car raised and used a mirror to help install. Easy Peasy.
Same here, only I didn’t even raise the car.

I just got them loosely in position, supported them close to the floor pan on some random cardboard boxes, then bolted them in place using a bathroom mirror :

1667843305609.jpeg

WD :like:

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
First time you have a jack slip off a OEM jacking point and take out a body part on the way down. Or the pinch weld fail as the car moves while jacking it.
Needed, no, not really, but less likely to slip off a 1" wide tube thn a 1/4" pinch welded sheet steel.
In my case I put the car on stands all off season. I don't know if I would trust the factory pinch welds that long, they are not designed for that.
I almost never use the pinch weld but when I do i use a special rubber puck designed for it, so no chances of damages or slipping off
And btw, those pinch weld locations are engineered by the factory to be lifting points so I’m not sure why you think that they can’t held the car safety for months on end
506B06EB-2209-4169-9DF4-14184F122A64.png

Last edited:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I did the same, with a help holding them up instead of cardboard boxes. Took about 15 min per side.

Same here, only I didn’t even raise the car.

I just got them loosely in position, supported them close to the floor pan on some random cardboard boxes, then bolted them in place using a bathroom mirror :

1667843305609.jpeg

WD :like:
Sponsored