Sponsored

Install PP Gauges on Non-PP Model - Recap

SesiomSummers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Build
Vehicle Showcase
at this point I really dont know what to do... my car its a late 2015 (Premium GT) when I removed the radio the harness was literally hanging there so never had tu cut any wires... with HP tuner I changed the Oil Pressure from Switch to transducer then using Forscan I changed the IPC As-built programming 720-02-01: XXXX XXXX X7XX (I had XAXX)

the gauge works randomly and when it works it shows the low preassure Oil...
Sponsored

sonicblue2004

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT California , Roush Phase 1 S/C w/ VMP Tune
at this point I really dont know what to do... my car its a late 2015 (Premium GT) when I removed the radio the harness was literally hanging there so never had tu cut any wires... with HP tuner I changed the Oil Pressure from Switch to transducer then using Forscan I changed the IPC As-built programming 720-02-01: XXXX XXXX X7XX (I had XAXX)

the gauge works randomly and when it works it shows the low preassure Oil...
I’m running a VMP tune on my 2017 ROUSH Supercharged CS/GT. Have not had any issues and gauge works properly, although it the oil pressure/boost combo

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I’m running a VMP tune on my 2017 ROUSH Supercharged CS/GT. Have not had any issues and gauge works properly, although it the oil pressure/boost combo
Very cool that it works. There were some incremental changes for each model year. I wonder if this functionality was still part of an alternate/performance pack harness back in 2015 but integrated into a single part number for 2017.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know if broken clips on the gauge pod are a problem? It seems that everyone breaks these when extracting them from their donor car.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my guages all in. Plug and play, although slightly annoying getting the harness from behind radio. Base 2020 GT
I have a base 2020 GT too...
EDIT…

Nevermind. I found it!!! The way it was tucked behind the Black support for the Synch module, I couldn’t see the white in the connector. I went back and poked in that hole with a screwdriver and I was able to push it free.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jsquires4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Vert
On A 2016 Gt premium non performance pack the wiring for the gauges is already in place. Its behind the radio look for a small square hole and you should see one or two pins through the hole. Simply push this pin backwards untill its comes loose and then fish it up into place. This is a factory connector for the gauges and by default if its a not Pp car its placed there.

I found this in a youtube video. By keith stilson

Under the comments section

I can confirm this works on a GT premium non performance pack
After plugging in the gauges and getting your tune updated it will show proper oil pressure.
In my case i use Lund.
There is no other wiring involved or splicing. Just plug the connector in and trim your vents to fit.
The oil pressure switch is already present on the 2016 cars and does not need any additinal wiring just the updated tune and mycolor works properly as well.
9E7DA890-7324-4AAE-B3C8-DE87C4DC42EC.jpeg
Question for you. Do you lose the vent option? I know you have to trim but do you re route the air or lose it?

jsquires4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Vert
Just installed the PP gauges in my 2018 base gt. I had the plug behind the Sync module from the factory. Just plugged it in and both gauges seem to be working but not sure how to tell if my Oil pressure is reading accurate.
Did you have to re route the air? Or did you just lose that option for the gauges?

SesiomSummers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Build
Vehicle Showcase
as far as I know the tune only changes the Switch to transducer type of sensor in HP tunners nothing more... and my mustang is the latino version wich is a fucked up mix version between the american and the eurostang....

as far as I see I only have 3 opions...
1. check if the sensor is actually damaged or the wired is messed up (I had recently installed long headers so this could be a reason)

2. One of the guys at the shop says FOMOCO uses diferente sensors on our mustangs so...Ill try to swap the sensor from a GT350

3. If that doesnt work Ill have to add "T" and add my own oil pressure and wired it directly to the servo that moves the gauge needle and try to no fuck it up my pp gauge to much....

jsquires4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Vert
Just for the people wondering, it is plug and play with no tune required on the 2018 401 GTs. Just got mine hooked up today, and oil pressure and vacuum work correctly. To verify, I put the oil pressure and vac on my gauge cluster and went for a drive, and they seemed to be in the same positions at the same time as the physical gauges
How did you route the middle vent? And how much trimming did you have to do?

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
I have a 2019 gt and I had to cut out a chunk
But that was what I had to do

4F0FCDC2-7EC0-4FD1-B0F5-5BC00D2A2601.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

kweb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I actually bought them off another member on this forum who lived nearby. They had a patterned aluminum finish, but I wrapped it in the most realistic looking carbon fiber wrap I could find. Its temporary until I can get some recaros reskinned with white leather, then im gonna wrap the dash in a matte white with some custom red mustang lettering like the new ford bronco white interior.
I purchased the dash panel with the gauges brand new from Quirk Parts online for $338.00

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Widow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Im a big fan of the carbon fiber you put on there. Did you remove the outer metal skin before applying the weave?
No, I sanded off the silver/grayish vinyl dip pattern they put over the top. The metal stayed. I sanded the metal and laminated the CF over the metal skin.

Widow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6
No, I sanded off the silver/grayish vinyl dip pattern they put over the top. The metal stayed. I sanded the metal and laminated the CF over the metal skin.
Ill have to buy another dash piece to try it out on. Ive never done anything like it, but I like learning new skills. Is the fiber tucked behind the panel or is it cut flush with the metal with some kind of adhesive?
Sponsored