Sponsored

Install PP Gauges on Non-PP Model - Recap

Sponsored

Fiveohfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So I did the install but it seems my car gets confused. I changed the as built data, but my cluster still shows oil pressure low. I don’t get the low oil warning either. For the gauge to work I have to push the start button but don’t actually start the engine. The oil gauge reads 100. After a few seconds it will sweep and go to zero, then I can start it where it will work. If not the gauge will read 100 all the time.

hotcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1969 Mustang vert restomod, 69 SS Camaro
So I did the install but it seems my car gets confused. I changed the as built data, but my cluster still shows oil pressure low. I don’t get the low oil warning either. For the gauge to work I have to push the start button but don’t actually start the engine. The oil gauge reads 100. After a few seconds it will sweep and go to zero, then I can start it where it will work. If not the gauge will read 100 all the time.
Hi,
I have to say I have no idea what your issue is. However, I'd be looking at your tune, maybe or not. That is my guess.
John

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Do all non-pp cars need their as-built changed to make this work or does this only apply to certain/earlier model years?

I hoping it will be plug and play in my 2020 since my trial FORScan license has expired and I don’t want to pay the Russians to extend it. :D

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Do all non-pp cars need their as-built changed to make this work or does this only apply to certain/earlier model years?

I hoping it will be plug and play in my 2020 since my trial FORScan license has expired and I don’t want to pay the Russians to extend it. :D
I’ve been reading quite a few later model threads and from what has been discussed with some other components, it seems Ford is using body harnesses that now have the appropriate connectors or offshoot harnesses already attached. I don’t know when they started doing this, but it seems it’s after 2019 time period.

The only way for you to know aside from someone confirming it for sure would be to remove your upper center dash panel w/ the HVAC vents as well as the upper center dash speaker grille. If you see a harness in that cavity or under that part of the dash, it’s most likely for the center PP gauges.

Sponsored

Roy_Steeda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP, 2014 Mercedes E550
Vehicle Showcase
Got my guages all in. Plug and play, although slightly annoying getting the harness from behind radio. Base 2020 GT

20210701_173335.jpg

20210701_183259.jpg

JPEG_20210701_185440.jpg
congrats - looks amazing

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Got my guages all in. Plug and play, although slightly annoying getting the harness from behind radio. Base 2020 GT

20210701_173335.jpg

20210701_183259.jpg

JPEG_20210701_185440.jpg
Inspiring. :)
Can you share your source for the panel and the gauges themselves? Did you bother with the matching piece near your left knee?

Widow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6
Inspiring. :)
Can you share your source for the panel and the gauges themselves? Did you bother with the matching piece near your left knee?
I actually bought them off another member on this forum who lived nearby. They had a patterned aluminum finish, but I wrapped it in the most realistic looking carbon fiber wrap I could find. Its temporary until I can get some recaros reskinned with white leather, then im gonna wrap the dash in a matte white with some custom red mustang lettering like the new ford bronco white interior.
Sponsored