Sponsored

Install PP Gauges on Non-PP Model - Recap

OrangeCRSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Asked my local dealership today about getting the wiring. I swear they know nothing there lol. Parts guy says I’d have to buy a $400 entirely new wiring harness if I wanted the guages!
Sponsored

Pucklord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT California Special
at this point I really dont know what to do... my car its a late 2015 (Premium GT) when I removed the radio the harness was literally hanging there so never had tu cut any wires... with HP tuner I changed the Oil Pressure from Switch to transducer then using Forscan I changed the IPC As-built programming 720-02-01: XXXX XXXX X7XX (I had XAXX)

the gauge works randomly and when it works it shows the low preassure Oil...
Facing the exact same issue! Have you get around it and make it works all the time?

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
There is no jumper harness for adding the oil pressure sensor in place of a switch. It is 2 completely different engine wiring harnesses depending on if the car was built with an oil pressure gauge or switch for 18+ models as far as I know but may be wrong. I do know only PP/HPP ecos have the correct engine wiring harness for a sensor.

I have the gauge pack also but have not installed it yet in my eco premium for the reasons stated here. You have to wire in the 3 wire pigtail for the sensor to your engine harness and then deal with getting the PCM to be programmed to look for a sensor instead of a switch. I have not heard of the issue of it working for a few minutes then going to 100 psi after being shut off when HP tuners VCM editor was used to toggle the PCM from switch to sensor.

A good ford dealer can go in and toggle the parameter in the PCM but finding a good one with knowledgeable techs to do it is a crap shoot at best.

BD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SUN
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang ecoboost
Hello everyone, I have a question I would like to ask for help.I have a 2019 EB Mustang and I have added a PP instrument panel,and I made turner using HPT, fior now the oil pressure gauge can display it, but the display is incorrect,When I start the vehicle, it remains displayed at 50PSI and will not follow the RPM changes,It seems to show the oil temperature,If anyone encounters this problem, please help me, thank you

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Using the HP VCM editor have you gone to the oil pressure switch/sensor function screen and toggled the command from looking for a pressure switch signal to sensor signal. If not the PCM may be just seeing the open/closed switch signal and not a variable sensor signal. You also must change the pressure switch to the sensor and wire in the 3 wire sensor pigtail to engine harness wiring. It's all outlined in this thread.

BD

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SUN
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang ecoboost
Using the HP VCM editor have you gone to the oil pressure switch/sensor function screen and toggled the command from looking for a pressure switch signal to sensor signal. If not the PCM may be just seeing the open/closed switch signal and not a variable sensor signal. You also must change the pressure switch to the sensor and wire in the 3 wire sensor pigtail to engine harness wiring. It's all outlined in this thread.

BD
yep,I used vcm editor change the oil pressure switch to transfer already and I changed the oil pressure sensor.one wire sensor change to 3 wire sensor.I have confirmed that the wire is correct.The sensor 1 pin to PCM 21 pin, sensor 2 pin to PCM 41 pin, sensor 3 pin to PCM 25 pin.The very strange thing is that the instrument panel can now display,but when I riseup RPM, the instrument will not jump towards the correct value and will always display around 50PSI.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
yep,I used vcm editor change the oil pressure switch to transfer already and I changed the oil pressure sensor.one wire sensor change to 3 wire sensor.I have confirmed that the wire is correct.The sensor 1 pin to PCM 21 pin, sensor 2 pin to PCM 41 pin, sensor 3 pin to PCM 25 pin.The very strange thing is that the instrument panel can now display,but when I riseup RPM, the instrument will not jump towards the correct value and will always display around 50PSI.
Those should be the correct PCM pin numbers your using, I assume you are using the correct sender part number as well. Dies the oil pressure drop some as the engine warms up or does it read 50 psi regardless of temp or rpms.

BD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SUN
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang ecoboost
Those should be the correct PCM pin numbers your using, I assume you are using the correct sender part number as well. Dies the oil pressure drop some as the engine warms up or does it read 50 psi regardless of temp or rpms.

BD
yep,the part number is CM5Z-9D290-B,I know the oil pressure will decrease when the engine speed drops,The problem now is that the oil pressure won't rise when you press the accelerator,I have watched many videos, and when their speed increases, the oil pressure gauge will rise from 50PSI to 80PSI and then decrease again,But mine has always been around 50 and won't rise,Very strange.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
yep,the part number is CM5Z-9D290-B,I know the oil pressure will decrease when the engine speed drops,The problem now is that the oil pressure won't rise when you press the accelerator,I have watched many videos, and when their speed increases, the oil pressure gauge will rise from 50PSI to 80PSI and then decrease again,But mine has always been around 50 and won't rise,Very strange.
That is strange and could be a faulty dash gauge that will not go above 50 psi.

BD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SUN
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang ecoboost
That is strange and could be a faulty dash gauge that will not go above 50 psi.

BD
I have replaced two instrument panels and both have the same fault, so I am wondering if the EB of 15-17 is different from the EB of 18-22

Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I have replaced two instrument panels and both have the same fault, so I am wondering if the EB of 15-17 is different from the EB of 18-22
That is odd for sure. The only other thing I can think of and it's a long shot is your PP gauge cluster is for a NA GT not an ecoboost so possibly there is some difference in the circuit board of the GT gauge causing the issue since your vac gauge should read from -25 to +30 IN/HG versus just -25 to 0 vacuum. There are different gauge packs for a GT and ecoboost as well as S/C cars like the GT500.

BD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SUN
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang ecoboost
That is odd for sure. The only other thing I can think of and it's a long shot is your PP gauge cluster is for a NA GT not an ecoboost so possibly there is some difference in the circuit board of the GT gauge causing the issue since your vac gauge should read from -25 to +30 IN/HG versus just -25 to 0 vacuum. There are different gauge packs for a GT and ecoboost as well as S/C cars like the GT500.

BD
I don't think so, because I have two gauges and the other one is from ECOBOOST, which is the same problem,so this makes me very confused

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SUN
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang ecoboost

BD
There is also a very strange thing, I don't know if you have noticed that if the PP instrument is not correct, the display on the LCD should be correct, but the LCD display is also not moving
Sponsored