Immigration and border issues

Discussion in 'Politics | Firearms | Religion' started by Hack, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Blade007

Blade007 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    Not so many facts guys, their heads will explode :giggle::cwl:

Qcman17 likes this.
  2. kz

kz Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Mustangs & F150
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    And what are these - exactly ? And what is insane about them ? I always find Trump supporters being real experts on immigration and it's quite hysterical to listen / read them...

Maybe you're talking about those that allowed Melania come here on H-1B ? Or her parents become US citizens by "chain migration" ?

The Chairman and Blade007 like this.
  3. Weather Man

Weather Man Persistance is a Bitch

Vehicle(s):
    2015 I4 T Prem Auto
    0   0   0
    She came here legal.

Absolutely agree chain migration should stop,

4. Weather Man

Vehicle(s):
    2015 I4 T Prem Auto
    0   0   0
    He didn't have 60 in the senate and the rino's were almost as bad as the D's. Praise McCains service, but as a politician he was a greasy fuck.

Hack likes this.
  5. kz

kz Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Mustangs & F150
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    Applying for asylum on the border is also legal, mind you.

Whether H-1B for a model was legal is a whole another question...

Blade007 likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Hack

Hack Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Fiesta
    0   0   0
    You must have missed something - or getting your news from a fake source. There have been record high numbers recently.

Have the numbers been going down or up? You just posted they were going down, now you say they are up?

That's hilarious blaming the US for illegals trying to come in. You are really partisan on this topic, aren't you?

I do agree that the republicans should have fixed this when they had control. Many republicans are just as bad as the Democrats. What ever big corporations or special interests are bribing the Democrats - the same special interests are bribing the Republicans.

I'm grateful that at least Trump is more interested in helping the American people than in taking bribes from every special interest. His changes in Turkey reducing military presence recently was very revealing - both the Dems and Repubs want more military spending, not less. Neither want to do what's best for the country - just get in the way of the bribes and both sides go nuts.

7. bjstang

bjstang Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bill
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT Premiums a.k.a "Crazy Horse" & "Doll"
    Garage Profiles:
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    I make no claims of being an expert on illegal immigration and I don't find this funny...

The decision by a California appeals court Friday overturning the conviction of an illegal immigrant who shot and killed Kate Steinle in San Francisco in 2015 once again put the national spotlight on the serious problem of crimes committed by people in the U.S. illegally.

The appeals court in San Francisco overturned the conviction of Jose Inez Garcia-Zarate on a charge of being a felon in possession of a firearm. Garcia-Zarate was earlier found not guilty of first- and second-degree murder, involuntary manslaughter and assault with a semi-automatic weapon.

Garcia-Zarate said he unwittingly picked up a gun, which he said was wrapped in a T-shirt, and it fired accidentally. The appeals court overturned his conviction on the firearm possession charge because it said the judge at his trial failed to give the jury the option of finding him not guilty on the theory that he only possessed the gun for a moment.

Opponents of federal efforts to enforce the immigration laws enacted by Congress repeatedly claim that illegal immigrants are “less likely” to commit crimes than U.S. citizens – and thus represent no threat to public safety. But that’s not true when it comes to federal crimes.

Non-citizens constitute only about 7 percent of the U.S. population. Yet the latest data from the Justice Department’s Bureau of Justice Statistics reveals that non-citizens accounted for nearly two-thirds (64 percent) of all federal arrests in 2018. Just two decades earlier, only 37 percent of all federal arrests were non-citizens.

These arrests aren’t just for immigration crimes. Non-citizens accounted for 24 percent of all federal drug arrests, 25 percent of all federal property arrests, and 28 percent of all federal fraud arrests.

In 2018, a quarter of all federal drug arrests took place in the five judicial districts along the U.S.-Mexico border. This reflects the ongoing activities of Mexican drug cartels. Last year, Mexican citizens accounted for 40 percent of all federal arrests.

In fact, more Mexicans than U.S. citizens were arrested on charges of committing federal crimes in 2018.

Migrants from Central American countries are also accounting for a larger share of federal arrests, going from a negligible 1 percent of such arrests in 1998 to 20 percent today.

Critics will try to downplay the importance of the Justice Department’s report by pointing out that the majority of crimes in the United States are handled by prosecutors in state and local courts. But even there the data is shocking.

A recent report from the Texas Department of Public Safety revealed that 297,000 non-citizens had been “booked into local Texas jails between June 1, 2011 and July 31, 2019.” So, these are non-citizens who allegedly committed local crimes, not immigration violations.

The report noted that a little more than two-thirds (202,000) of those booked in Texas jails were later confirmed as illegal immigrants by the federal government.

According to the Texas report, over the course of their criminal careers those illegal immigrants were charged with committing 494,000 criminal offenses.

Some of these cases are still being prosecuted, but the report states that there have already been over 225,000 convictions. Those convictions represent: 500 homicides; 23,954 assaults; 8,070 burglaries; 297 kidnappings; 14,178 thefts; 2,026 robberies; 3,122 sexual assaults; 3,840 sexual offenses; 3,158 weapon charges and tens of thousands of drug and obstruction charges

These statistics reveal the very real danger created by sanctuary policies. In nine self-declared sanctuary states and numerous sanctuary cities and counties, officials refuse to hand over criminals who are known to be in this country illegally after they have served their state or local sentences.

This refusal to cooperate with federal immigration officials suggests that state and local officials supporting the sanctuary movement believe it’s better to let these criminals return to their communities rather than being removed from this country. Not all of their constituents would agree.

The Texas report is careful to note that it is not claiming “foreign nationals” commit “more crimes than other groups.” Whether that is true or not – and it is certainly true when it comes to federal crimes – is irrelevant.

What is highly relevant to the current debate about immigration policy is that the Texas report “identifies thousands of crimes that should not have occurred and thousands of victims that should not have been victimized because the perpetrators should not be here.”

We know that in Texas and around the country some individuals would be alive today – and their families would not be mourning their loss – if we had a secure border and an effective interior enforcement system.

Instead of trying to obstruct enforcement of our immigration laws, state and local officials should do everything they can to help the feds reduce the very real – and all too often fatal – dangers posed by criminal illegal immigrants.

One of the worst recent examples of a state official who refuses to help federal immigration authorities carry out their duties is North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper.

The Democratic governor recently vetoed a bill that would require local law enforcement to cooperate with federal immigration authorities. Cooper did so just days after Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents captured an illegal immigrant charged with first-degree rape and indecent liberties against a child.

The man arrested in that crime was on the loose because he had been released from custody by county officials, despite the existence of a federal detainer warrant for him.

Politicians who declare their jurisdictions to be sanctuaries for illegal immigrants who commit crimes are needlessly endangering their law-abiding citizens. That is shameful.

Here's the real reason "The Resistance" won't pass immigration reform.
    Criminal.jpg

Wut?
    pelosi.jpg

Hack and Jimmy Dean like this.
  8. ctandc72

ctandc72 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    '19 GT 6 speed Base
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    What?
    Where the hell are you getting your info?

I got mine from the CBP website.

Immigration stats.JPG

9. Weather Man

Vehicle(s):
    2015 I4 T Prem Auto
    0   0   0
    https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...=socialnetwork

EXCLUSIVE: Mexico comes through for Trump, tackles border crisis when Congress wouldn't

So the president turned to Mexico with a combination of negotiations, controls, threats and even an explicit quid pro quo: Do something to stop 4,000 people from crossing Mexican territory each day en route to the U.S. or face crippling tariffs.

Mexican negotiators ran to Washington to make a deal. Mr. Trump didn’t get everything he wanted, but he got enough.

By July, the numbers were dropping. By September, they were in manageable territory and falling.

With additional help from El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala — the countries of most of the children and families that made up the surge — the president effectively outsourced the border problem to Mexico and got the Mexicans to do what Congress wouldn’t.

“It is painfully ironic that Mexico has done more than Congress to stem the tide of illegal immigration to our southern border since May,” Ken Cuccinelli, acting deputy Homeland Security secretary, told The Washington Times. “Mexico is not perfect by any means, but they’re doing more now than any time in your adult lifetime to partner with us actively to drive the numbers down.”

More than 60,000 were pushed back across the border through the Trump administration’s Migrant Protection Protocols. Nicknamed the “Remain in Mexico” policy, the MPP requires asylum seekers to stay in Mexico to wait for their hearing dates in U.S. immigration courts.

Other migrants had their claims denied outright under tougher asylum rules enacted by the Homeland Security and Justice departments. Those who do get through this phase are increasingly held in detention, making them more likely to be deported.

Others never even got a chance. They said Mexico’s increased enforcement of its own borders deterred them.

As several officials put it in interviews with The Times, crossing the border without authorization now comes with real consequences, and that means they have been able to end the “catch and release” policy.

Hack likes this.
  10. watisthis

watisthis Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Justin
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 GT Pro-charged
    Cyber/GSM
    0   0   0
    How is it the same 3-4 people in the political forums are literally experts in every aspect of politics, economics, immigration, science, etc. I don't know how anyone could have their head so far up the left or the rights ass to think everything they say is unequivocally true. I've never seen so much naivety, its mind-boggling.

For the record, I have no problem with people saying Bush and Obama are to blame for this mess too, no matter who was the worse baby cager. What I have a problem with is the people who use that argument to try to justify what’s going on. Blame the media for lax coverage when the guy in the office was charismatic and well-spoken. Blame uninformed voters for only paying attention when someone live tweets our government’s atrocities.

But don’t act like you care that Obama did awful things and then try to use it to justify Trump’s behavior.

P.S. More immigrants penned up? Sounds like Obama's policies were better at deporting than Trump's, but that's none of my business. *sips tea* And no I'm not for either of their immigration policies.

11. The Chairman

The Chairman Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    GT500KR & GT350 Track Pack
    0   0   0
    It appears to me that you folks up north have been fooled by the fake crisis created at the border. Those of us that live in south TX don’t see a problem. We need these people to work here and they blend in just fine.
    Like Prez Bush said; “They take the jobs Americans won’t take.” Most of the migrants come here to escape the drug cartels that we created with our drug problem. If you want to work the problem, get rid of USA’s drug problem.
    Sure, there is a bad apple once in a while. But most of the bad actors flew in through our airports and didn’t leave.

Qcman17 and watisthis like this.
  12. bjstang

bjstang Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bill
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT Premiums a.k.a "Crazy Horse" & "Doll"
    Garage Profiles:
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    Interesting...but much different than facts.

Figures from Texas Department of Public Safety reveal more than 210,000 criminal aliens were booked into jails in Texas between June 1, 2011 and the end of 2016.

The website states during their criminal careers, the undocumented aliens were charged with more than 559,000 criminal offenses. The arrests include 1,132 murder and manslaughter charges; 66,687 assault charges; 66,289 drug charges; 16,304 burglary charges; 682 kidnapping charges and 43,723 obstructing police charges.

Texas Department of Public Safety listed 39,689 theft charges associated with undocumented immigrants, 3,677 robbery charges; 8,375 weapons charges and 5,903 sexual assault charges. The website said of the total “criminal aliens” arrested in that timeframe, over 139,000 or 66 percent were identified by Department of Homeland Security being in the US illegally at the time of their last arrest.

DPS criminal said to date the immigrants received 251,000 convictions including 464 for homicides; 24,928 assault convictions; Almost 8,000 burglary convictions; 32,818 drug convictions and 228 kidnapping convictions.

DPS said the immigrants were convicted of 17,956 thefts: 21,480 obstructing police convictions; 1,861 robbery convictions; 3,495 weapons convictions and 2,674 sexual assault convictions.

It hasn’t stopped since 2016, it goes on, and on, and on!

Despite making up only 7% of the entire U.S. population, non-citzens amounted for 64% of all federal arrests in 2018. Federal arrests of non-citizens over the past twenty years increased by 234%, while federal arrest of U.S. citizens only grew by 10%. While a majority of the arrests were due to immigration violations, a high proportion of non-citizens were booked for federal fraud, property and drug arrests.

Hack likes this.
  13. Jimmy Dean

Jimmy Dean Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Al
    Vehicle(s):
    71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 02 150, 06 250
    0   0   0
    you mean jobs that American's won't take because they don't even pay min wage because they are cash under the table? Those kind of jobs? The one's that would pay a decent damn wage at least if there weren't so many folks willing to take $5/hr cash under the table to do it? Instead of paying your Mexican gardener or lawn mower 30 bucks to cut your acre, which comes out to about 5 bucks for an hours work with overhead, pay the person who does that job enough to make $10+ an hour, and see how many more people besides Mexicans come to take up the job. I am not claiming innocence here, I have some Mexicans doing the sheet rock and painting in my house this month, and my mom has some doing her yard, but it is looking for the cheapest person to do the labor that really contributes, or even causes, this issue.

I live in the south too, and am from Texas originally, and have seen quite the opposite problem. The vast majority of the crime in the small town I live in is due to illegal immigrants, with the (most of) rest being meth heads and cops. When I was in Texas, our neighborhoods were being run down by illegals renting or buying houses (bit longer talk there on how they manage that, there are ways...) and cramming 20 fuckers into a 3 bedroom 1400 sq ft house with 8 trucks parked in the drive and along the street and a damn rabid dog chained to the porch all day.

Funny, btw, how the weed and coke problem is the fault of the users or government, but the opioid problem the fault of the doctors. Pick one, the fault is on either the supplier or the user, or both, but is the same for each drug.

14. Weather Man

Vehicle(s):
    2015 I4 T Prem Auto
    0   0   0
  15. The Chairman

The Chairman Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    GT500KR & GT350 Track Pack
    0   0   0
    What a terrible source for anything. Stay away from the Russian Propaganda machine...