2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 black/tech/handling no ADM +$10K tax
I'm going to give Turtle Wax Graphene a try and see how it compares to my ceramic.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Carpro Cquartz UK 3.0 for me!
Carpro Dlux for the matte kit
Carpro Cquartz for tires ( new product added last week )
If I ever jump into the ceramic coating pool, I think Cquartz UK 3.0 would be the top of my list. DLUX I have messed around with and really like it's finish.

Deyon won't let that "new product" business simmer too long, he'll have a report before you know it I bet. <BIG grin> I'm most curious as well but competing with Perl will be tough.
I guessing the "new product added last week" would have been Blackout -

My favorite detailing task is dressing the tires, a long term tire coating would not suit my desire to chop and change.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
<smiling>

D: I also enjoy dressing tires although my serious zen moments come from different parts of the process. Scrubbing wheel barrels, gently washing a horizontal surface, rinsing and rinsing and rinsing. <chuckling> (When I was a hot rodding teenager, I would often take my ride to the "Quarter Car Wash." Yep, two bits and, you even got a good number of minutes for your money. :-) Anyway, ever since I got my first car washing pressure washer, I've zenned (sp?) out on LONG rinse times that are (nearly) free. <smile>

Then there is the blow drying part, another fave but I think my own all-time moments only occur when polishing.

As you well know, and perhaps most importantly, it helps to be a wee bit obsessive. :cool:

Laterz all, it's mowing day at Casa KB AND, the installation of an aluminum property fence I've been waiting for since about January, starts today as well.

Sponsored

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
thx lizardrko I've got a professional 5yr ceramic ($3000) on the car now and I have been stacking it with annual ceramic apps myself. Turtle Wax states on their website, as you have just pointed out, that Pro Graphene is only a sealer for the underlying wax coat. So, I will continue to annually stack the ceramic until its time for a re-do.

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
Its worth noting that the paint on these cars and most modern cars is boo-boo ass and chips very easily. So if your car gets beat up on the front from rocks I wouldn't sweat it much. Hopefully you find a good ceramic to keep the ride looking nice.

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Living in the great white north where winter begins, continues for 6 months and ends with much sand and gravel and salt spread on the roads, I opted for ceramic and then the max PPF and also undercoating and rust protection.

OP
OP
smokescreens

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
Got a care package in the mail today. Ignor the table, lol. Im working 80+ hours a week and the wife is doing about the same. By the time we get home during the week were to tired to clean, lol.

20220526_184820.jpg

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
I am looking for Carpro Descale on Amazon but only Carpro Reset pops up. Same thing but new name??
Sponsored