Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Jason: I don't think most folks, even picky ones, could tell the difference between two coatings with the exception being, how long each brand will last. I've seen both of those coatings, on different vehicles, but while I could certainly tell they were coated, I couldn't see a difference in depth or shine, ceramic in general will do that. But, I don't have enough time with a given job to comment on the lifespan. I plan on eighteen months, minimum and with the topper coatings, you can extend that by a year or more.

So, IMHO, I think as long as you stick with a name brand coating and shop, you will be happy. If you plan to do it yourself, I recommend doing another vehicle first for practice. It's not rocket science but being obsessive and having a bit of practice on a non-special vehicle, definitely makes for a better outcome. :-)
Sponsored

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Jason: I don't think most folks, even picky ones, could tell the difference between two coatings with the exception being, how long each brand will last. I've seen both of those coatings, on different vehicles, but while I could certainly tell they were coated, I couldn't see a difference in depth or shine, ceramic in general will do that. But, I don't have enough time with a given job to comment on the lifespan. I plan on eighteen months, minimum and with the topper coatings, you can extend that by a year or more.

So, IMHO, I think as long as you stick with a name brand coating and shop, you will be happy. If you plan to do it yourself, I recommend doing another vehicle first for practice. It's not rocket science but being obsessive and having a bit of practice on a non-special vehicle, definitely makes for a better outcome. :-)
The shop said that they include a topcoat each year to keep the shine and top layer on. Thats included in the price. Seems pretty decent for someone who doesnt know much about ceramic coatings.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like a reputable outfit Jason, I'd say go for it. If you do, washing and drying the vehicle will be SO much easier. You will not regret the expense, of that I'm fairly certain.

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Sounds like a reputable outfit Jason, I'd say go for it. If you do, washing and drying the vehicle will be SO much easier. You will not regret the expense, of that I'm fairly certain.
Thank you, I think I will get it done. I'm wondering if I should wait till spring or get it done now. I live in Toronto and it snows here till april.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Jason: As long as the shop is warm and stays warm, it doesn't really matter when you have it done since you won't be driving the vehicle until after the coating has cured. I might plan on the first week of nice but cold weather and see if the shop can accommodate. Then she'll be ready for Spring.

I've spent a few nights in your city and I well remember the winters. Love Toronto and many other cities in your country despite the weather. (To me, Montreal was always colder, no matter what. <smile>) I hope your Spring comes sooner than expected. :-)

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Jason: As long as the shop is warm and stays warm, it doesn't really matter when you have it done since you won't be driving the vehicle until after the coating has cured. I might plan on the first week of nice but cold weather and see if the shop can accommodate. Then she'll be ready for Spring.

I've spent a few nights in your city and I well remember the winters. Love Toronto and many other cities in your country despite the weather. (To me, Montreal was always colder, no matter what. <smile>) I hope your Spring comes sooner than expected. :-)
I think I will get the work done in March during a week when its not below -10 deg celsius haha. I will park it in my garage for a few days afterwards in warmth to let the coating settle down I guess. I appreciate the advise from all here. Thank you.
Sponsored