I need new ceramic coating.

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
I got a year at best out of my ceramic coating. Had a guy do it and im not sure what he used. That being said im wondering what brands are recommended by the community here? Going to mustang week in myrtle beach in 2 months and want to get it redone before then.
Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I am really loving the new cquartz SIC ceramic. I did my new hood in it but the rest of the car was done in the cquartz euro which requires you to apply a coat of the reload every now and again. But the new SIC formula doesn't require it since it is actually slicker than the reload. Its a night and day difference in slickness. I am planning to redo the whole car in the SIC stuff. Not sure how long it will last but very happy with the results thus far.

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 black/tech/handling no ADM +$10K tax
some are saying that graphene, instead of ceramic, is the way to go but I haven't tried it yet

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I am really loving the new cquartz SIC ceramic. I did my new hood in it but the rest of the car was done in the cquartz euro which requires you to apply a coat of the reload every now and again. But the new SIC formula doesn't require it since it is actually slicker than the reload. Its a night and day difference in slickness. I am planning to redo the whole car in the SIC stuff. Not sure how long it will last but very happy with the results thus far.
When I got my GT last September I instructed the dealership to Ceramic Coat her. They did it but it's losing the hydrophobic nature and I also see a couple of spots where something hit it so I'm looking to redo the whole thing. I have no idea what they used.

How are you stripping your old stuff or do you just reapply over top?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I got a year at best out of my ceramic coating. Had a guy do it and im not sure what he used. That being said im wondering what brands are recommended by the community here? Going to mustang week in myrtle beach in 2 months and want to get it redone before then.
Time out Jason. You had a “guy” coat your car and you don’t know what he used? Why didn’t you ask? Is the guy still around?

If all you got was a year your guy did not use an actual ceramic coating. Those last 3 to 5 years and usually come with a warranty. You probably got a ceramic based sealant spray. Cost around $25 and takes an hour to do.

Now if you want a professionally done service look to spend some bucks. You can do it yourself but it takes a lot of time and patience. It’s all in the prep and depending on the condition of the paint could take hours or days.

As far as product, I’m a Gyeon man. The new Evo coatings are highly rated. There are others and they are all good. Just do not confuse an actual coating for a spray detailer.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
When I got my GT last September I instructed the dealership to Ceramic Coat her. They did it but it's losing the hydrophobic nature and I also see a couple of spots where something hit it so I'm looking to redo the whole thing. I have no idea what they used.

How are you stripping your old stuff or do you just reapply over top?
I’m sorry but I do not understand how people allow a stranger to do work on their car and not know what they did. I’m guessing you too did not actually get a real ceramic coating. Probably just a spray on product with no more than a six month lifespan.

This said you need to be sure before you go any further. You should have a pro look at it and determine what has to be done.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Opti-Coat Pro+

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I’m sorry but I do not understand how people allow a stranger to do work on their car and not know what they did. I’m guessing you too did not actually get a real ceramic coating. Probably just a spray on product with no more than a six month lifespan.

This said you need to be sure before you go any further. You should have a pro look at it and determine what has to be done.
Woah, woahhhhhhhhhhh, pull over off the pretentiousness turnpike. We all start somewhere!

Considering I had the car shipped from roughly 2500km away yes I should have waited until it was here prior to getting a third party to do it.

Agreed on the having a pro look at it. Once the new hood, stripes and spoiler go on I'll def be looking to have someone look at it and provide a recommendation. I'm just curious to what is needed so when said pro is talking to me I'll actually have reference ya know?

OP
OP
smokescreens

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
Time out Jason. You had a “guy” coat your car and you don’t know what he used? Why didn’t you ask? Is the guy still around?

If all you got was a year your guy did not use an actual ceramic coating. Those last 3 to 5 years and usually come with a warranty. You probably got a ceramic based sealant spray. Cost around $25 and takes an hour to do.

Now if you want a professionally done service look to spend some bucks. You can do it yourself but it takes a lot of time and patience. It’s all in the prep and depending on the condition of the paint could take hours or days.

As far as product, I’m a Gyeon man. The new Evo coatings are highly rated. There are others and they are all good. Just do not confuse an actual coating for a spray detailer.
Lol. Yes, shame on me. The guy is still around and he told me what was used but i forgot what it was at this point. I sent him a message last night asking what he used. I know its not what everyone was talking about at that time however he did a buddies mustang 2 years before and it was doing great. It was supposed to be a 3 year product but my water is fairly hard and i fight the water spots. Im likely the reason for the short life of the coating due to fighting the water spots. Some spots still bead like new however i have areas that dont bead very well anymore. I now have a inline filter on the gargen hose that helps a ton and a real Water filtration is on the list of things to do however other priorities are ahead of that still. I got some of that turtle was ceramic stuff i was going to try out as a quick pick me up but i would like to get it the coating redone asap.

I also deal with a crap ton of dust. Like living on a dirt road level amount of dust even though im not the one on a dirt road...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Lol. Yes, shame on me. The guy is still around and he told me what was used but i forgot what it was at this point. I sent him a message last night asking what he used. I know its not what everyone was talking about at that time however he did a buddies mustang 2 years before and it was doing great. It was supposed to be a 3 year product but my water is fairly hard and i fight the water spots. Im likely the reason for the short life of the coating due to fighting the water spots. I now have a inline filter on the gargen hose that helps a ton and a real Water filtration is on the list of things to do however other priorities are ahead of that still. I got some of that turtle was ceramic stuff i was going to try out as a quick pick me up but i would like to get it the coating redone asap.
Ok, sorry to you to. I guess it happens. Honestly hard water should not effect a quality ceramic coatings lifespan. Water spotting should also not really be an issue as water should be beading off your car pretty quickly. You should also be drying your car immediately after rinsing.

I would suggest have a pro look at it before adding anything more. Once you know what you have you can move forward.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
So the ceramics are only good for a year, I'm surprised.
I was thinking much different, considering what's being spent for them.

To quote a couple of famous infantry soldiers in the bush, german accent. " Very Interesting"

• Haha
Reactions: MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Once you know what you have you can move forward.
This! Totally this.

Now that I've owned the car for 9 or 10 months I'm more in tune with what it has and what it needs. When I dealt with Mercedes for my old car everything was basically done for me. Easy to get spoiled with that level of service LOL

Now it's time to educate myself on what, where, and how.
Sponsored