How loud is Active Exhaust?

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
Good to know I have ordered 9 speaker and will definitely go with an amp first to just to see what happens then do speakers if needed and possibly a sub. Maybe $2K all in.

Wanted the B&O but the price bump from base EB vert to Premium + B&O to get it made no sense.
Sorry, not following your math, you will spend $2k to upgrade the 9 speaker, but not $1k on B&O?
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Also, you may end up spending $2k on top of the $1k if you later on discover that you don't like B&O either.

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I have AE and a res delete x pipe. Quiet mode sounds like a stock pick up cruising and normal driving, above 4000rpm it starts making noise again. Normal is considerably louder but doesnā€™t drone at all, silent at speed. Sport isnā€™t much louder revving or acceleration but it has a faint drone with the cruise set. Track is a little louder than sport and very noticeable louder than normal. Has a very obvious drone while driving at speed. I constantly get asked if my car is stock and told that it sounds good. I live out in bfe and thereā€™s probably an acre of dense woods between my neighbors house and the road. Every once in a while when I leave for work driving normal shifting 2500-2800rpm, light throttle, Iā€™ll get a text from him ā€œsounds good neighbor!ā€ Lol

and yes I would pay extra for lth from Fordā€¦.

Sponsored

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
Good to know I have ordered 9 speaker and will definitely go with an amp first to just to see what happens then do speakers if needed and possibly a sub. Maybe $2K all in.

Wanted the B&O but the price bump from base EB vert to Premium + B&O to get it made no sense.
The biggest problem with the 9 speaker system is there's no bass. The speaker in the lower door is actually a decent speaker, the ones on the rear package tray have about a 1" magnet so I don't know what the point of them is. And the 3 1/2" in the upper door and center dash are just junk, I doubt Ford paid more than 50 cents for them.
Changing them to Kenwoods really made the sound a lot clearer. I know Kenwoods aren't the best quality but I went with what Crutchfields recommended for a speaker only change. Spending more on speakers without adding more power would be a waste and honestly I'm old enough that as long as I can still hear it I'm happy.
To get it to have some bass I've got the bass turned up to max and the treble and mid range turned way down. Then it doesn't sound too bad. I think some of the issue is at low volume the exhaust note may drown out some of the bass and I'm not a fan of cranking it up for long periods of time. I don't have a picture of the 3 1/2" but here's the rear deck speakers versus the Kenwood.

speakers.jpg

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
Also, you may end up spending $2k on top of the $1k if you later on discover that you don't like B&O either.
Canā€™t see not liking B&O. I have the 19 speaker B&O in my SQ5 and GT rivals it. Also, not sure everyone is aware, but Iā€™ve heard from some audiophiles that like a lot of things on new cars, speakers need break in period so will sound better later.

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Their are You Tube Videos comparing the decibel levels on different modes and with X pipes etc. I like mine with Borla Switch fire. Just load enough.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
LOL! My guess is, a lot more people would too, if they were factory installed and tuned.
I for one would be all over a stealth Mach 1. No stripes, no badges, no larger "Look at Me" spoiler. Naturally aspirated. Kind of like the C7 Grand Sport. Z06 underpinnings w/o the heat soak issues of the s/c. A few engine tweaks here and there ................ BLAMO ! A true rat racer !

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
another vote for AE- I dont think I could own another Mustang without it
This right here.

Track mode is loud. Real loud. I keep mine there all the time but hold my breath going by law enforcement.

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
Ok ok you called me out šŸ˜ƒ
Ran it in sport and track mode today šŸ˜Š
Sounds great. Nice growl! I was only around town so didnā€™t really open it up but there is a big difference šŸ˜ƒ
Now back to stealth normal mode šŸ˜ƒ
IMO, track is pretty awesome. Definitely could not drive around a lot in that mode, it would upset some people I think, but I love it! Sounds great going up a hill and stuff like that.

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
I have AE and a res delete x pipe. Quiet mode sounds like a stock pick up cruising and normal driving, above 4000rpm it starts making noise again. Normal is considerably louder but doesnā€™t drone at all, silent at speed. Sport isnā€™t much louder revving or acceleration but it has a faint drone with the cruise set. Track is a little louder than sport and very noticeable louder than normal. Has a very obvious drone while driving at speed. I constantly get asked if my car is stock and told that it sounds good. I live out in bfe and thereā€™s probably an acre of dense woods between my neighbors house and the road. Every once in a while when I leave for work driving normal shifting 2500-2800rpm, light throttle, Iā€™ll get a text from him ā€œsounds good neighbor!ā€ Lol

and yes I would pay extra for lth from Fordā€¦.
You're lucky. Would love to be able to do that. Living in a HOA sometimes sucks, because I've had complaints my car is too loud. I work from home now, used to leave for work at 5am, so I told them they're lucky I am not leaving at the hour I used to. Good for you that you can let it out!
Sponsored