Sponsored

How loud is Active Exhaust?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I love the AE but since the EU models are fitted with OPF filters, I thinks its much quieter than the U.S models.
So I will be installing Borla Atak next week. - hope that will make a difference :clap:

I heard the 2016(?) GT start up and drive past me in the underground car park, which at that point did not have quad pipes and AE, and I could not even tell that it was a Mustang until I turned around a looked at it. It was very quiet at low rpms.

Also have the B&O system installed. After replacing the sub, it sounds decent. Nothing breathtaking but certainly not bad.
As supplied, the pre facelift / pre MY18 / Gen 2 U.K. S550’s are particularly quiet … (and they don’t have GPF’s)

There was a big jump in volume with the arrival of the facelift (even in normal mode) :like:

WD :like:
Sponsored

Moaslon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitrii
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Grabber Lime, 2016 BMW 116d M Sport
As supplied, the pre facelift / pre MY18 / Gen 2 U.K. S550’s are particularly quiet … (and they don’t have GPF’s)

There was a big jump in volume with the arrival of the facelift (even in normal mode) :like:

Yes, the facelift AE certainly don't sound bad. But are you planning on doing any mods to yours?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just a H pipe :like:

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure there really is that much of a difference. It may be a bit more quiet due to the filter, but not by much.
I agree, I am pretty content with the exhaust in both normal and sport modes. Possibly it's a bit less loud than US cars but it's still the loudest stock exhaust on the market, I have no intentions for changes whatsoever :clap:

Last edited:

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Here is what AE sounds like with headers and no exhaust connected :) We did this before installing a Borla Type S last night. Will post clips of that later.

Moaslon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitrii
Vehicle(s)
What sub did you replace it with?
If only I knew... :blush:
I just took it to the car shop and they did it for me. But it fitted just perfectly in the same place as the old one. I think they also installed the amplifier (?). I can have a look at the make of the speaker and amp if you want, but I have no idea what spec it is, sorry

Moaslon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitrii
Vehicle(s)
I agree, I am pretty content with the exhaust in both normal and sport modes. Possibly it's a bit less loud than US cars but it's still the loudest stock exhaust on the market, I have no intensions for changes whatsoever :clap:
It does sound great. But when I've heard how the Borla S exhaust sounds, I was like wow. So really can't wait to see how the Borla Atak sounds when I finally install it

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
AE?

Resurrecting this thread to say that with a 6 speed manual doing a lot of down shifting in track mode.....you'll likely draw way more attention from dumbasses in 20 year old trucks and ricers than you wanted.....(It's annoying when they pull up beside you and start revving not realizing you weren't revving at them....you were just driving)

I put it back into normal mode after the 3rd or 4th idiot in a 20 year old truck tried to race me..... (in other words....it's pretty awesome)

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
It does sound great. But when I've heard how the Borla S exhaust sounds, I was like wow. So really can't wait to see how the Borla Atak sounds when I finally install it
How did this install go?

LDHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 GT Premium California Special 10sp
Speaking as a guy that has had his GT in the body shop for 4 weeks now for a simple tap from behind and is now driving a 2020 basic no frills bright red Camaro rental with a relatively quiet exhaust and a good but not great V6 I must say that even this Camaro gets it's share of unwanted attention by people that feel challenged just by its presence and GOD FORBID I pass someone even if they're driving under the speed limit. I think this is something that's just starting to get bad in the last few years. It's almost like a road rage people seem to experience when they get their feelings hurt buy another car or truck and now that a LOT of cars and trucks are getting high performance motors it seems that people are getting more and more competitive and more easily offended.

Oh... And one more thing. The people that seem to be the most sensitive to being passed are the owners of high performance BMW's and Mercedes cars. It seems that they will go up to crazy almost insane speeds to repass me if I "dare" to pass them. I think it's funny and childish but it's certainly dangerous as heck.

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
Speaking as a guy that has had his GT in the body shop for 4 weeks now for a simple tap from behind and is now driving a 2020 basic no frills bright red Camaro rental with a relatively quiet exhaust and a good but not great V6 I must say that even this Camaro gets it's share of unwanted attention by people that feel challenged just by its presence and GOD FORBID I pass someone even if they're driving under the speed limit. I think this is something that's just starting to get bad in the last few years. It's almost like a road rage people seem to experience when they get their feelings hurt buy another car or truck and now that a LOT of cars and trucks are getting high performance motors it seems that people are getting more and more competitive and more easily offended.

Oh... And one more thing. The people that seem to be the most sensitive to being passed are the owners of high performance BMW's and Mercedes cars. It seems that they will go up to crazy almost insane speeds to repass me if I "dare" to pass them. I think it's funny and childish but it's certainly dangerous as heck.
I never did that in my Audi S6 (450hp AWD, AWS) or RCF (472hp with TqVs) etc......

.....Unless they cut me off and then slowed back down.....

To be honest though.....its extremely rare that a muscle car driver will cut you off and slow way down. It's the V6 challengers and camry etc. drivers who invite road rage by doing that. Also some of the people who pull up beside you and Rev aren't road raging.....50% are just enthusiasts who think your car sounds good.

My GT500 had roush exhaust it was so loud it would shake the glass if you were backed up to a store front. I'll never forget one time I pulled up at an outback and accidentally revved with an elderly man walking behind my car.

He angrily yelled "you scared the shit out of me"

Even in the age of 300hp Accords., the stupid thing is there isn't much on the road that can challenge a muscle car except another muscle car, a built sleeper or an expensive import and most of them are enthusiasts who drive with respect.

Its continually the shitbox 4cy and 6cy standard passenger car drivers or redneck coal rollers in trucks creating havoc everywhere.

Imagine the daily dose of complete BS tesla drivers must endure.....

I always have to remind myself that 50%, of the people who lay down a challenge aren't raging....they are just enthusiasts who found their opportunity to give the fuel injection system it's daily Italian tune up.

Oh by the way.... the old man...
......then smiled and said.. "Rev it again!!!"

Last edited:

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
Sound levels:
quiet mode - about the same as my V6 was stock.
normal mode - loud. not obnoxious. but neighbours commented (in a good way)
louder than a typical car off the lot.
sport - bit louder at higher RPMs
track - highly recommended when there is a concrete highway barrier, or tunnels
Im sure it would attract a ticket - though I have heard louder cars (obviously modified). I get a few notes at lower RPM randomly that are louder, though a lot of the time its like normal. just maintaining say 40mph, its deep when you give it a feather on the gas. However when you accelerate above 3K rpm - esp bouncing off a concrete barrier in the fast lane, its like a stock car.

for me - it fits the bill perfectly for early departures to work, through to windows down fun.
Sponsored