Sponsored

How long would you guess will Ford be making OEM parts for the S550?

mookieit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2015 v6
I am planning to keep my car for as long as I can.

I was wondering for how long do you think I would be able to easily find OEM Ford parts?

Do you think I would be able to find parts in like 10 years or more from now?

Like right now, until what previous model of a Mustang would I be able to find OEM parts?
Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
I believe there is a federal law that they have to make parts for 7 years after manufacture. So you’re probably good until at least 2030.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
2033 for me since I bought the 10-year warranty.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I am planning to keep my car for as long as I can.

I was wondering for how long do you think I would be able to easily find OEM Ford parts?

Do you think I would be able to find parts in like 10 years or more from now?

Like right now, until what previous model of a Mustang would I be able to find OEM parts?
Interesting read. Looks like they have to supply parts as long as the provide warranties from fi
Ford.

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/20...e-to-provide-replacement-parts-for-older-cars

Sponsored

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS - Ruby Red Metallic
Probably also depends on the particular parts. The S650 cars seem to share a lot.

GT_MTL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yves
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium - 2018 F-150 XLT
By the law in Europe it's 10 years.
There are still so many Mustangs on the roads, that would be great if Ford does like Porsche : You can order and get everything in 24/48hours even for your 40 years old car. For even rare parts/car , like bodywork, they wait for a pile of orders and do some refabrication from time to time. That's awesome !

spankybranch

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2019 Edge ST, 2022 Mach1
I believe there is a federal law that they have to make parts for 7 years after manufacture. So you’re probably good until at least 2030.
Unfortunately the reality is that the manufacturers “make” the parts but they’re on endless backorder sometimes … even for things still in production.

With the Mustang specifically I don’t think there will be an issue with most stuff, just due to raw numbers produced and popularity. Even when Ford/contractors stop production of something a 3rd party will likely step in and buy the tooling/start producing OEM quality parts.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
There is still a lot of overlap between the S650 and S550. Hell the doors are the same. It is not a huge change.

Many suspension and brake components fit both cars.

I'm also planning to keep mine for as long as possible and I'm not worried at all.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
For S550 Mustang specific OEM parts from the dealer I'd guess 7-10 years fairly reliably. For less specific parts, stuff used between platforms/models probably several years longer. After that there will be aftermarket, refurbished, used and new old stock. Much like what's available for the first gen and fox body cars.
In short, parts availability isn't something I'd spend a lot of time worrying about.

Sponsored

JBR14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT, 1995 EB Bronco, 1967 F100 SWB
I would imagine at least 15 yrs from the date of last production. Granted, I am basing this off of looking for 1995 Bronco parts. On occasion, some dealers still have OEM parts avail for that. The fact that they share so many parts with the 92-96 F150's / 92-97 F250's definitely helps given how many were originally produced.

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS - Ruby Red Metallic
As long as the Cars & Coffee meets keep happening there will be plenty of spare parts from the junkyard too. :)
If only that applied to the GT/CS grille badge for my car... I'm losing my mind trying to find one with the proper mount!

TrueBlue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.3L High Performance Package Fastback
I can still easily get anything I need for my nearly 14yo S197 5.0L. Not that it’s needed much. 😀 About to dig into the front lower control arms and struts.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Being in this hobby/enthusiast arena over 30+ years now and having owned 22 Mustangs now, this is usually the case:

Ford Dealers Parts Dept. will stock most parts up to (10) years after initial production of XYZ model year. Things like say specific floor mats to XYZ model, interior hard/soft components, exterior hard/soft body panels, larger engine components and the like. Normal common maintenance items such as anything relating to oil changes, PCV system, sensors, cooling system, small hoses, and HVAC are usually in stock items just a little over the 15-20 year mark.

However as mentioned above on the model year specific parts (ie: non-maintenance and not so common) after the 10 year mark, those parts are inventoried at the Dealership level, stuck on pallets and then sold off to XYZ vendors or via auctions where such buyers deal with reselling.

So if there is something that is unique to your Mustang and it’s in stock now (such as specific floor mats), buy it and store it now.
Sponsored