Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
My last car, a 2001 Grand Prix GTP lasted 15 years until the bottom rusted out from midwest winters.

My inheritance and retirement money starts coming in 10 years, so at that point my 13 year old Stang will be replaced with something else more than likely.

Terry
Sponsored

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
think i will get through a few thousand miles and if all is well it will be mod time for more power....so for now it'll be at least 3years, again all goes well maybe my last sports car. of course all changes when i win the lotto

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
Most likely till I'm dead or can't drive. I'm 60 and still have the 86 SVO I bought 30yrs ago. I may (maynot) sell that to pay for FI. We'll see.

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Itā€™s a keeper...
6400 very enjoyable and trouble-free miles.
Paid it off when I picked it up.

Sold the ā€˜08 GT convertible in May and replaced it with a Black 408W powered ā€˜65 Fastback.
The ā€œOriginalā€ and ā€œBig Brotherā€ now share the garage.
So, Iā€™m done.

And like Ghost50, Iā€™ll always have a daily driver.

Last edited:

CurtisH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost PP, 2011 Edge
Kept my 05 GT for 13 years. Probably keep this one at least 10.

Sponsored

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Generally till the warranty expires. I don't keep my DD's that long. I have debated giving this car to my daughter though, as she'll be sixteen as I pay it off.

helloWorld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Maxima SE
I'm at a dilemma because I have always been kind of a mustang person, but I am not really feeling or liking my 18 GT Auto. I purchased it used with 5,000 miles on it about 9 months ago and it currently has 16,500 miles on it.

I have only done an E85 tune on it, because I didn't want to spend too much money on the car just in case I didn't like it. Well... I keep telling myself that I will like it more if I went TT with the car, but my rational side says that will be a literal waste of 10 grand on a car that I don't even look back at when I park it. I have already "wasted" money on purchasing the Sai Li fuel system, ID 1050X's, and an OPG/CS combo during Black Friday that have been just sitting in their shipping boxes in my bedroom since black friday and I'll only get a fraction of what I paid for them if I decide to sell those parts.

I have been throwing around the idea of getting back into a four door performance car, like maybe a 3rd gen V, but Cadillac really screwed people over who like to mod by making those engines direct injection only. I have ALWAYS been an 8-cylinder guy, but I have my eyes on the newer Audi RS3's as well.

I don't know lol, such is life.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I would like to say a while but who knows. But the way the industry is going I could see this one as a keeper for a while.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Hard to say.

I'd like to say forever but I'm jonesing hard for the new GT500; I could conceivably swing one if I could find an MSRP deal with a decent trade allowance. On the flip side I love what I have since I ordered it, it's long paid for, spotless, and has yet to tick 8,000 miles. And since I like to wrench more than I like making payments I'm still thinking about just turboing what already lurks in the garage since I love sleepers....

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I am guessing 2 years (2019 GT). At that point I will have to take everything off the car in order for it to pass an inspection so it seems that would be a good time to move on to something new.

Sponsored

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
If it gets to the point that I cannot physically work the clutch (getting old sucks but no knee issues yet) then I will probably garage it and take it out for special events, but I plan on keeping it forever.

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
Ill give mine 5-7 years

eventually get a gas friendly daily down the road. i currently drive my GT everyday lol

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I currently have no plans on ever selling it. It's been paid off for almost a year with a full Steeda suspension and 750hp which I never owed anything on. My insurance is cheap, I treat it like gold, I don't beat it and it's always kept in my garage. I expect it to last a long time.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Agreed. I get immense satisfaction doing the dumbest little things on this car. I could also probably afford msrp (but not ADM!) on a GT500, but I wouldn't know what to do with myself knowing the aftermarket is basically...wheels.
That's sort of why I went with a GT this time around....I really never felt right about modding the more 'special' Mustangs I've had. On my previous GT500, I basically left it at pulley/CAI/tune. I don't see going beyond that and maybe wheels on a new one. Boring.

I've never had a turbo V8 car either, and had hoped long ago that the new GT500 would be sporting snails this time....

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Hard to say.

I'd like to say forever but I'm jonesing hard for the new GT500; I could conceivably swing one if I could find an MSRP deal with a decent trade allowance. On the flip side I love what I have since I ordered it, it's long paid for, spotless, and has yet to tick 8,000 miles. And since I like to wrench more than I like making payments I'm still thinking about just turboing what already lurks in the garage since I love sleepers....
Something to be said for owning it out right.
Sponsored