Sponsored

How do I do donuts/drift

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Serious question, do I just turn the steering wheel all the way one way, and dump the clutch? Can I already have it rolling in 1st gear and then stomp it? Never done anything like this but would like to learn lol
Sponsored

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Hold traction off for 5 seconds. Start rolling. Turn wheel full luck and add a bunch of gas. Make sure you do it on the roof level of a Rosslyn parking garage where there are walls and lamp posts about so you have a place to put your camera to record your exploits.

Much safer would be to find a known flat grass field like a soccer practice field and try there. The low traction surface will let you spin and slide with ease. Best to do it when no players are on the field. So during half time water break.

OP
OP
stannypack

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
What area do you live in? I want to make sure to avoid any cars and coffees within a 100 miles this weekend....
Northern VA, and now for the hardest part of actually finding a spot :crackup:

Sponsored

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Doing donuts used to be completely legal in NJ during the frequent snow storms. The only stipulation was no passengers, of course it's more fun with participants, screaming or otherwise.

Overcoming traction in the rear of the Mustang is the easy part, what you do with it afterwards is what litters youboob.

Don't be that guy.

Sponsored

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I had played around with rear wheel drive sporty cars in the rain and in light snow in local mall parking lots early in the morning before everyone else was even awake when I was first driving. Best time I had as far as actually getting instruction was on the wet skid pad at an HPDE event held at Summit Point track in West Virginia. Not only can you drift the crap out of your car around the pad, but you’ll get someone in the car telling you how to do it more better! AND because it’s a wet skid pad, you won’t leave with no tread on your tires.