Hit & Run

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Freedom and liberty? OMFG. Cameras are great.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
hey all im saying is dash cams can help out LOTS during an insurance claim.

Freedom and liberty?

Well you're entitled to your ideas/views, but thank god we have more video capture devices so we can record and document when our freedoms and liberties are in jeopardy.
A camera probably would have done nothing in this situation. It happened in a few seconds. I saw a blurr of white panel from my left, coming right into my lane, and a second later the van was going up the exit ramp to my right, and meanwhile I had nailed the brakes and slewed to my right.

No way a camera would have caught anything, it was all too close, too fast.

MNShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Vehicle Showcase
you should get a dash cam!

EVERYONE SHOULD GET A DASH CAM.

There should be a law that requires everyone to have a dash cam.
I know there are threads on this, so I'll have to do some research on the best one. I heard Waylens has a good model, but certainly want something discreet but integrated into everything else. That is probably my next purchase.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Freedom and liberty? OMFG. Cameras are great.
I realize 99% of people care nothing for Freedom and Liberty. Those are notions loooooong dead in this country.

Anyways, a camera probably wouldn't have helped in this situation.

AGM2018

Well, the hit actually occurred on a part of the road that is in Maryland. That stretch of the road is where DC and Maryland come together. So that DC cop actually had no jurisdiction I suppose.

My condolences on your accident; some people have no integrity and fortitude. To not stop to see if you...never mind your "Stang...were OK smacks of lack of integrity, fortitude and a simple general concern for your welfare. The Maryland/DC area is a HORRIBLE place to drive; one of the worst...maybe the worst...I have ever experienced. Good luck with your insurance company and repairs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
My insurance company has already decided to cover this under my un-insured motorist coverage. So it won't affect my policy, rates, premiums, etc.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
My condolences on your accident; some people have no integrity and fortitude. To not stop to see if you...never mind your "Stang...were OK smacks of lack of integrity, fortitude and a simple general concern for your welfare. The Maryland/DC area is a HORRIBLE place to drive; one of the worst...maybe the worst...I have ever experienced. Good luck with your insurance company and repairs.
I saw the results of a traffic analysis that was done using satellites.

The result was that inside the Beltway of DC is the worst traffic in the nation. Although NYC and LA drivers opine that theirs is worse.

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance
Truly sucks, and I feel your pain...mine comes out of the shop next week from getting rear-ended.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
My insurance company has already decided to cover this under my un-insured motorist coverage. So it won't affect my policy, rates, premiums, etc.
Will you get stuck with the deductible.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Let us know how it looks after they do the repair!
Surprised he hit you and left. That’s crazy. Skip and Dip.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
So many threads getting shut down this week, due to people linking daily happenings to riots, racism, politics, media, you name it.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
That really sucks. Same kind of thing happened to me in January, although my damage was not as bad as yours (I was in a parking lot and got scraped along the rear fascia). People who do this are so shitty it's almost unbelievable. I've thought about getting a dashcam, but in my case I don't know if it would have captured anything useful because the car approached from a wide angle before hitting me. Also, even if you get something on dashcam, you may not get a clear enough (readable) shot of the license plate.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
That sucks man.
People do suck. Good luck with everything.

AceS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ace
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That sucks man. At least you minimized the damage and it looks like a relatively easy repair for a competent body shop. Good luck on the repair.

Deleted member 35786

I saw the results of a traffic analysis that was done using satellites.

The result was that inside the Beltway of DC is the worst traffic in the nation. Although NYC and LA drivers opine that theirs is worse.
That stinks about your car man. The DC area is a madhouse when it comes to traffic. The issue here in Florida is we have some of the highest rates in the country. In part due to the most uninsured motorists, its like 26% or so and the elder population with high crash rates. Sucks.. We been hit many times, two of them had no insurance. uhhg
Sponsored