Sponsored

High-Flow Catalytic Converters

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Post # 99 will show what experience that I have on the Dyno, guess that I'm not understanding what you meant by the "risk of something breaking" ?
FWIW, I have done crazier things for a lot more money...... :crazy:
Haha yes if you have the money do as you please. The 2nd version looks to be a quality product. For the risk of something breaking, this was referring to a post I saw @honeybadger make where he talked to I believe a Ford engineer that told him anything outside of the OEM cat setup with the vibration dampers risks either the cat going bad down the road/issues with vibrations and stuff breaking. Now chances of this happening? Probably very small but worth nothing since this products main attraction is increased performance but still keep factory warranty.
Sponsored

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Yes Robert , just plain old 93 octane pump gas from Speedway with the "Winter Blend". (Northwest Ohio)
My car also has an "Airaid" filter and the "Lethal Performance" resonator delete X pipe installed. The sound now is AWSOME. Extra "Raspy" on the low end and "Screams" on the high end. I don't know how many more DB, but I love it ! The wife....probably not so much, so I'll leave it in "quiet mode" when she is along... :wink:
*And I put 175 miles on since the install, highway, city, spirited, & normal (HaHaHa) with no check engine light.
I love this! You should post some sound! I want to hear it. Not a bad gain either!

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Any gas smell or hiss? I’ve used Highflo cats before and in one case, on a Nismo Z, and I had a hissing sound on deceleration and at times, gas smell. I’m mean not bad, but was there. I had a custom tune with Nismo air intake with the cats and got a nice power bump.

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
Any gas smell or hiss? I’ve used Highflo cats before and in one case, on a Nismo Z, and I had a hissing sound on deceleration and at times, gas smell. I’m mean not bad, but was there. I had a custom tune with Nismo air intake with the cats and got a nice power bump.
Nothing that I have noticed yet, Aaron at Pure Tuning did indicate that the car was fat on the first Dyno day with the “stock” cats, and was even fatter with the “Fabspeed Highflow” cats on the big end. He indicated that Ford probably had factored this in and it wasn’t just my car.
Basically it’s just wasting gas on the high end. Probably some “tune” out there that would help the situation, might even pick up some more HP ?

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
A tune would lean it out and give a better AFR across the rev range, but of course get too happy and boom it goes. All manufacturers play it safe.

Sponsored

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
A tune would lean it out and give a better AFR across the rev range, but of course get too happy and boom it goes. All manufacturers play it safe.
I get it for sure, and I’m not wanting any “Boom” for sure

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
Also of course a big point of these premium German cats is no tune required/no CEL. Once you tune you have in ALL likelihood voided factory warranty.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
It would be interesting to see what you get with race gas and these cats.

HHXLV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
H
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R '66 GT350R Tribute build
Thanks for sharing all the info OP. Subscribed for further

Sponsored

Creedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
SL8888, what are your plans for the car? Was this a tuning session or just install and dyno to see results?
If planning to track it, that’s where I have my major concerns them holding up especially with the $3k price tag. I was on board when they were initially coming out but started to hear these concerns soon after. I figure now those concerns are solved with version two.

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
SL8888, what are your plans for the car? Was this a tuning session or just install and dyno to see results?
If planning to track it, that’s where I have my major concerns them holding up especially with the $3k price tag. I was on board when they were initially coming out but started to hear these concerns soon after. I figure now those concerns are solved with version two.
Hello Creedog, my reason for the "Dyno" sessions were strictly a "before & after" HP & Torque comparison. I have no plans for any kind of a tune, even though it is extremely rich on the high end. As far as the ability for these high flow cats to hold up under track conditions, we will be finding out May 7th & 8th at Mid-Ohio. My son and I will be running back to back for 2 days, working them over. He is in "C" class and I'm in "D" class, we will just be stopping to change drivers. So they will basically be exposed to 40 minute runs before they get any real break.
I'll post my thoughts & experiences, good or bad

carguy929

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
04 Mystichrome Cobra Covertible
Thanks for the continued updates. I'm considering SW long tubes and their HFC. This is very a interesting alternative for sure. Looking forward to post track day thoughts.
Sponsored