Highest N/A rwhp?

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
In for equal length as well. On a side note, I hope that at some point Ford Performance offers a tune for our cars. Most likely wishful thinking but the performance capability of the 2018 with the PP2 option is nearly equal to our cars. Would just be nice for Ford to throw GT350 owners a bone or two. I for one, and I don't think that I am in the minority, would definitely like a little more oomph while still keeping my warranty. Everything else about the car is exactly what I was searching for when I was in the market for a performance car and enjoy the hell out of driving it.

l'Ingegnere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
All of this sounds fun until the vibration cracks something *really* expensive ;)

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Explain. The harmonic balancer isn't changing here and the accessories aren't changing so I don't understand your logic.
There are dampers on the headers as well. Unless the exhaust companies know the critical frequencies to properly place the dampers, any changing of the headers will degrade durability.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
There are dampers on the headers as well. Unless the exhaust companies know the critical frequencies to properly place the dampers, any changing of the headers will degrade durability.
They're on the cat pipes, not the headers.

569c0fbc6336d_FORD_2016_GT350_UNDERSIDE_VIEW_07.JPG.347c6290591c18136ef381ee2d5cbb10.jpg

11secls1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.axxis-corp.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Before the flexpipe, not after. So it will act as a dampener for the engine itself through the headers. Everything prior to that point is hard mounted.
Adding and or removing a fixed mass to/from the exhaust system will not effect vibration. It is there for other reasons.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Adding and or removing a fixed mass to/from the exhaust system will not effect vibration. It is there for other reasons.
No. In a vehicle primed for weight reduction (carbon fiber composite front end, rear seat delete, complete aluminum reworking of front suspension, etc), they won't leave a random weight. It's a mass damper. During DV work they literally sat in a chassis dyno running the vehicle with accelerometers and slowly adding mass until they met their metric.

I have nothing to gain arguing this point. I am an engineer in Southeast Michigan. Please listen.

Sponsored

11secls1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.axxis-corp.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
No. In a vehicle primed for weight reduction (carbon fiber composite front end, rear seat delete, complete aluminum reworking of front suspension, etc), they won't leave a random weight. It's a mass damper. During DV work they literally sat in a chassis dyno running the vehicle with accelerometers and slowly adding mass until they met their metric.

I have nothing to gain arguing this point. I am an engineer in Southeast Michigan. Please listen.
I have had headers and OR X-Pipe on my car since I bought it. Zero changes in vibration.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I have had headers and OR X-Pipe on my car since I bought it. Zero changes in vibration.
The vibrations this damper was designed to help with aren't with regards to making the engine sound better, rather it is to help with durability.

Perhaps customer street vehicles won't have a problem. I just know that in the engine DV (which is MUCH more extreme than whatever a customer will do to their vehicle) needed many NVH counter-measures to pass, this being one of them.

11secls1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.axxis-corp.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
The vibrations this damper was designed to help with aren't with regards to making the engine sound better, rather it is to help with durability.

Perhaps customer street vehicles won't have a problem. I just know that in the engine DV (which is MUCH more extreme than whatever a customer will do to their vehicle) needed many NVH counter-measures to pass, this being one of them.
That thing looks like it's attached to the factory exhaust, which I removed

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I'll chime in here. I just did Kooks LT's on my 350 and I removed the vibration dampeners from the stock cats location and bolted them onto the where Kooks had designated on their headers.

Now another person with a R did not do this and he had serious vibration issues. So much so that the oil came apart and yeah you know how that nealy ended...Luckily it was caught just as he reached the shop.

I would not recommend driving the car without the dampers connected...unless your exhaust has some type of counter vibration built in or in the design of the headers.

OP
OP
MrCincinnati

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I'll chime in here. I just did Kooks LT's on my 350...
How do u like the LT’s? Worth it? Insanely loud? Are you still able to quiet it down to non hoon levels with valves closed?

What time/measured gains? Pulling harder up top?

Sorry for the 20 questions..
Sponsored