Sponsored

High-Flow Catalytic Converters

GaryGolz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Hey All, just installed the new Fabspeed high-flow catalytic converters on my 2017 GT350, sound improvement was fantastic especially at WOT. I'll try to get more videos of out of the car and driving this week. They came in at the high-side on the price, but they don't trigger a CEL or require a tune.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GaryGolz

GaryGolz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Lmao, sorry Galaxy šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ Figure'd I'd at least share here for those interested, we were getting a few calls and inquiries from the forums.

Shoot me a DM, maybe I can shuffle things along a bit if you put yours in already.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Sounds amazing. I love the tone of my OEM exhaust, but a little louder would be nice. If it wasn't for the cost I'd drive over there tomorrow.

Maybe one day down the road

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I had wondered why we didnā€™t have more high flow cat options given how many of us want to keep the exhaust otherwise stock. Had sticker shock at first but if that claim of 21whp and 27wtq holds up without tune, thatā€™s a pretty nice bolt on mod.

OP
OP
GaryGolz

GaryGolz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Exactly Austin, I really didn't want to change much honestly. When it came to the resonator delete already on the R's and most base owners doing so, I thought the sound was perfect albeit I'd love to get a bit more power and about 10-20% tune/volume without it being utterly obnoxious. I think this is the best of both worlds.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I had wondered why we didnā€™t have more high flow cat options given how many of us want to keep the exhaust otherwise stock. Had sticker shock at first but if that claim of 21whp and 27wtq holds up without tune, thatā€™s a pretty nice bolt on mod.
I agree about the price. If these power claims are backed up when customers start to get their's and can put them on the Dyno and confirm the power upgrade using the stock intake then the price point doesn't seem too bad now.

QCGoose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (Velocity Blue)
I find that kind of power outside the realm of possibility. Headers and no cats (and I think most will agree this is even less restrictive) yield only a few hp/tq through the mid and peak.
That's why I'm skeptical, too. If those numbers are real after more tests for proof, however, I'll be placing an order. Those cats and a carbon driveshaft aughta be a nice combo.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
That's why I'm skeptical, too. If those numbers are real after more tests for proof, however, I'll be placing an order. Those cats and a carbon driveshaft aughta be a nice combo.
THIS is the same logic Iā€™m in. From what research Iā€™ve done, even if the true numbers arenā€™t astronomical, youā€™re certainly not losing anything. And from what Iā€™ve read about what high flow cats and off road pipes do for how well the engine revs and spins up, that alone with the driveshaft should be quite an amazing combo.

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
I am glad to see this new HFC option posted here. Will be interesting to follow this thread. My thoughts were/are: many of us desire increase of the unique FPC signature sound but are not comfortable with any modification which must be accompanied with aftermarket tune. Also: IF mod throws a CEL it can be a pain in the ass to remedy short of afermentioned tuner involvement. These are extremely high quality German catalysts which flow more (200 cell) than anything else on the market thus really freeing up the EPA-mandated bottleneck of oem cats. The dyno result @ Fabspeed was a Dynojet and SAE #s....looks legit. SO No tune required/No CEL/significant increase in power/torque and awesome clean sound. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø I anxiously await my ordered set! šŸ˜‰

OP
OP
GaryGolz

GaryGolz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
There's been a much-needed option for high-quality cats for these cars. The German Emitec HJS High-Flow cats are a tier 1 company in Germany that are used on most supercars, makes sense to see what they can do to the fantastic FPC 350's.

OP
OP
GaryGolz

GaryGolz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Finally got the video done for the GT350 driving, both in car and exterior with sound. It's pretty noticeable from the cruising portion toward the middle / 3/4 into playing. In-person is a complete noticeable difference, had a local GT350 owner stop by to hear it. Hopefully, we'll be getting some more out to you guys soon to get other perspectives!

So far around 2500 miles on the clock after the install, still no CEL - which is pretty much gaurenteed. My gas mileage has gone down though because.. well.. you know šŸ˜‚

OP
OP
GaryGolz

GaryGolz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
A jealous visitor came by to hear the 350 šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

GT500 On Dyno (1).jpg
Sponsored