High-Flow Catalytic Converters

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Probably should have asked you to weigh the stock vs the new ones. Guessing you don't happen to have the weight of each? Are you doing a before/after dyno?

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Probably should have asked you to weigh the stock vs the new ones. Guessing you don't happen to have the weight of each? Are you doing a before/after dyno?
^^^This. If we can get weights and a third person dyno to confirm the power numbers with someone from the forum then that would be great.

OP
OP
GaryGolz

GaryGolz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
OP
OP
GaryGolz

GaryGolz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Notice any power increase?
I do notice a difference while driving, yes, albeit slight. Looking forward to some of the early adapters to get theirs soon to get other dyno comparisons - the DynoJet used on my car for figures was an all-weather dyno.

1618491655182.png

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Oh you mean you're dyno was the one they used for their website?

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I've seen a lot of stock dyno pulls of 350s and the red line looks to be 15-18 or so hp down compared to what I've seen. Will be very curious to see if anyone can replicate as I would expect to see 485-490 whp with a claim of +20 hp.

OP
OP
GaryGolz

GaryGolz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Any idea how these will hold up to boost.. I am really considering these.
Sure, happy to add input and good news.

These are the same catalytic converters that Fabspeed uses in the McLaren 720s and Porsche 992. Right out of the gate they're comfortable handling 710 HP+.

However; when using these catalytic converters anything over 100 octane fuel, including race fuel, unfortunately, voids all warranties with the HJS German Cats.

Ideally, these cats fit the owner who is performance and sound focused, but also interested in seasonal track days. There is an option for V-Banded clamps to simply swap out the HFC to Cat Bypass, therefore saving the life of the catalyst for street use.

Creedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I am in the interested group for this HFC system. Unfortunately I cannot afford it right now. I occasionally track the car
(3-4/year prior Covid) but curious if I stay with the cats on, is this going to be an issue later on? I always use 93 octane as recommended and not interested in the off road pieces to switch out for track use. I’ll bolt the HFC’s in and keep them on for daily/mountain drives and track days. Should I be concerned?

Sponsored
OP
OP
GaryGolz

GaryGolz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I am in the interested group for this HFC system. Unfortunately I cannot afford it right now. I occasionally track the car
(3-4/year prior Covid) but curious if I stay with the cats on, is this going to be an issue later on? I always use 93 octane as recommended and not interested in the off road pieces to switch out for track use. I’ll bolt the HFC’s in and keep them on for daily/mountain drives and track days. Should I be concerned?
Good question, I thought of similar details since I track mine.

It won't be an issue, no. If you're running 93 octane and not messing with additives or tuning the catalysts can take it and won't break apart. Anything waning on the more aggressive side with racing the vehicle regularly or race fuel will most likely reduce their life and would probably be better off going catless anyway.

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
So paranoid question time.......does doing this potentially mess with the warranty?

OP
OP
GaryGolz

GaryGolz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
So paranoid question time.......does doing this potentially mess with the warranty?
None - no effect these are completely bolt-on products. You won't be cutting, welding etc. The Magnuson moss act protects you, as the consumer. For what it's worth, I would still contact and check with your dealer as it's good to have them in your corner.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
new Fabspeed high-flow catalytic converters
Coulda just bypassed fabspeed and got em straight from HJS catalysts. Unless you just wanted a bolt-on affair.
Sponsored